In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Your Next Gun?

OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
What are you saving for or planning to buy as your next gun. Mine is a Belgium Browning High power with the good Bluing and Fixed Sites. Will probably have my friend in the pawn shop look for one for me! I have a set of Pachymer Grips to put on it already and don't even have the gun. After I get it I don't think I am going to buy anymore pistols!

Comments

• alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I think I will buy another M-14. After that I will pobably start tricking out my Garand.Of course there is that yet undiscovered handgun that haunts me.[This message has been edited by alledan (edited 02-10-2002).]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gosh Otoman only one? Well, I have been thinking about a .40 or .45 maybe a Kimber and the Baretta 87 in .22lr, and also a Mod 99 Savage in .250 Savage, and I am always looking for H & R 300 Ultras. That is actually the long list. Planning to go to the Tulsa gun show in April, maybe I can score one.
  • NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either a Glock 17 with night sights or a ruger 10/22 to trick out.....
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to have the class 3 version of a couple of military rifles I have, only thing thats stopping me is the price tag for a 30 year old m-16
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, mine is a browning high power in the 40 cal, already have one in 9mm, figured i should have them both
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want two things:A Taurus 617, 357 magnum in titanium, ported 5-shot with a shadow gray finish.A KelTec P11 with blued finish.Anybody want to donate one of each?
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    niklasal--for the latter, email me at idsman75@peoplepc.com
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking of a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 before they get banned.
  • instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does tricking out a gun already owned count? I'm currently drooling over my bank account just waiting until get back to the states. First the Guide Gun is going to the gunsmith for a makeover. I'm looking at a smoothed action job, trigger adjusted, magazine tube extended, applying a baked on parkerized finish, an AO sight mount with a Leupold LER 2.5 with qd mounts, and ghost rings for back up (found a place that makes tritium g.r.'s for lever actions!). I don't know if it's too much but i'm thinking also about a takedown feature, but that's up in the air, it sure would be cool but do i really need it? Although if i do that i can get a custom 410 smoothbore forend for a few dollars more. My lifes story....champagne taste on a beer budget
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By the time I save up for a new gun they will probably be selling Ray Guns like in the 50's movies.actually a Ruger PC-9
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself![This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 02-10-2002).]
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since I just got a new one a couple of weeks ago, it may be cold day in you know where before the next one. Mrs Rembrandt is after some new living room furniture, tax time (shudder) is just around the corner....so it may be a while....I'll have to be content to dream for a Luger...P.S.....got 5 Browning High Powers, wouldn't part with any of them...they are a sweet gun...
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt, I am with you man. I have an old Browning Military that is an old rag. But it is the my Most favorite gun of all. I know how you feel about the furniture. We just got our house paid off and we will have to move into another due to a couple of health problems that my wife has. Have you tried any of those Pachymayr Signature Grips for your Browings? They make mine feel like I was born with the gun in my hand....
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Building a left hand flintlock pistol at the moment. Next gun could be a left hand bolt 3006, or another pistol(something bigger and badder than what I have now)
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A o/u shotgun Browning or Ruger. Seems like every time I get close to extra the $1000+- in my pocket some thing else come's up.
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What di I want, or what am I going to get??? Sure want a 1911, sure want a bird's head grip stainless revolver in .45 LC, but with money being what it is, I'm looking for a Makarov. I've heard great things about them, any comments?? Don't be shy!Rembrandt, I've fired lots of Lugers, they sure are cool, but they're touchy, too, have seen a lot of jams, I don't think it's a perfected gun. Just my opinion, and all I've fired were oldies, both in 9 and .30.I think P-38's kick their butts, but a Luger Navy with the shoulder stock sure would be cool!
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just bought my next gun yesterday. Stopped by a gun shop on the way to gun show and found a nice Ruger .44 ss Vaquero. If I had made it to the gun show would have been looking for a M-1 Carbine and Ruger PC9 carbine.
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like my next gun to be a stainless steel Ruger Bearcat, but they won't be available at the price I want till Fall. (Ruger says they'll start production in March, but don't expect to catch-up with the high demand for it till the Fall. Prices settle down as the demand is met.)Therefore, I'll probably be making an IAI M1 Carbine, or Kel-Tec Sub-2000 my next --but the new truck is going to come first...hmmm, maybe I'll be recovered enough (financially speaking) just in time for the Bearcat...
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Hmmm, I'm thinking of a Browning HP as well, it's the only 9mm I ever really liked. I have a buddy who has one and I'd to get it's twin, it's pre 1969 (?) made in Belgium, wood furniture and a buet of a bluing job. The milling on the inside of the slide is in such great shape, I cut my finger on it cleaning it after we went to the range once!Other than that, I'm looking for a reasonable, ($400.00 and less) auto loader 12 ga to shoot skeet with. This is probobly like opening a can of worms, but, any suggestions??? Anything I should look for in the way of feature/function? I know very little about skeet guns, although I hunt pheasant and grouse with a Spanish 12 ga with Imp. and Imp. Mod Bbls. would that work for now????
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner--The PC9 is a bit less than what is expected from Ruger. The trigger pull stinks and the Hi-Point 9mm carbine will do better than the PC9 in the accuracy department.
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt, use whatever you can hit with. "Skeet Gun" or "Trap Gun" are marketing terms. (and to a certain extent snobbish). It doesn't matter if you use a Stevens bolt or a $5000.00 gun, all that matters is breaking clay. The best I ever shoot at trap (which ain't great!) is with a Stoeger SXS .410. For some reason, I hit more with that than with my A-5. You should be able to find a decent used Rem. 1100 in your price range, good gun, but they don't fit me right. Shoot what scores.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Kimber compact 1911A1, not sure which model yet.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably a Keltech p32. The HiPower is a great military sized holster pistol. Grip shape, angle and balanceare great and they shoot well. I've owned three and currently own a WW2 Chinese contract model with adjustable sight and cut for shoulder stock. I have a 41 Action Express conversion kit that turn it into a hand cannon. My gripes with HiPowers are that a spur style hammer bites the web of the hand and needs to be replaced with the ring style hammer and the military sights are too fine and need to be replaced with a wide front blade and wide rear notch. I would have felt a lot more confidence in a few tight situations in Korea with a HiPowerinstead of a 1911 in my holster.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Guns are kind of an impulse buy for me. Rarely do I go out looking for something specific. So the answer is, when I have some money, I'll probably look around several stores or go to a gun show and get whatever I don't have that has a good price, that I like. Some first choices would be:M-1 carbine or Garand, German Reichsrevolver, Danish or Norwegian Krag, Dutch Beaumont, Colt .45 1911, Italian Vetterli, or an 1895 Winchester in 30/40; though as I say, really any antique gun in good shape at a fair or good price would turn my head.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like the next one to be the new KAHR coming soon the PM9. Or a SIG 239 in 357sig, or a old S&W 44mag revolver or.....
  • DaRoostaDaRoosta Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm fairly certain my next purchase is going to be a Browning M-1000 Eclipse Hunter in 7mm Rem Mag. The other option is a Ruger Red Label or Browning Citori in 12-ga, but I think I can wait for that.
    edited November -1
    idsman75There are some posts on this B.B. that say stay clear of the Hi-Point "at all cost". I never checked any out because my interest is to use my 15 & 30 round P-85 mags in the PC-9SS. I hope I'm not to disappointed in it. But you may be right. I haven't seen to many positive posts on the PC-9. Anybody else have any feedback on the PC-9? I plan on buying in the next 3 weeks.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Colt Police Positive .32 New PoliceOld guns for old guys
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner, I have a PC-9. The accuracy seems OK to me, but then I'm not looking to go hunting or drive tacks with it. It's strictly for home defense. I got mine NIB last October. I don't like the trigger pull, though, so it's not the first gun I would pick to shoot for fun. But if I had to pick a carbine that I thought could take a lot of hard knocks and still function, that would be it. If you had a Ruger 9mm pistol and a PC-9 with a scope, you'd be ready for some pretty serious stuff and only need to worry about one kind of ammo and one kind of mag. That was my basic idea. Now I'm not sure whether I would rather go the S&W, Marlin Camp, Kel-Tec Sub-2000 (fitted for S&W mags) route as an alternative to the same idea.
    edited November -1
    I have many mags loaded with Winchester Silver tips 115 gr. 15 & 30 round mags. None of my after market Mags will handle Ball Ammo, it jams after 4- 22 rounds depending on the mag.I'm sure the PC-9 will be suitable for my needs. Personal Defense or Urban Warfare (how ever you look at it). Urban Warfare being roving gangs and riots. I need to find cheap ammo for the range. Wolf and Norinco don't work in the after market mags. I'm going to try Silver Bear next. Thanks for your input and support on my choice.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bolt-action TAC DRIVER IN 308 OR 223. Will be a benchrest type with optics, I am looking at several and wait to hear some feedback on one, take a look at my post. the win mdl 70 hv ????Any comments or sugestions welcome.Rich
    Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
    edited November -1
    I've had good results with American Eagle in my PC-9 and also in my Marlin Camp 9. I have a 20 rd mag for the Marlin and no problems (so far). I only have 10 rd factory mags for the PC-9. Wolf works fine in all of my mags, but Wolf is too long for some mags I've heard. I also decided I didn't like the possibility of accelerated extractor wear from the steel cases.I guess this was supposed to be next gun, so let me put a couple of more on my wish list: Ruger Mk. II, a low-priced used bolt action .22 for target and plinking, S&W used 6906, Ruger P-series 9mm (not sure which), Ruger Blackhawk convertable .357/9mm, Marlin Guide Gun. I think I'd better start saving.
    edited November -1
    The Hi-Point carbine is an exception to the rule. Everyone that I know who owns it praises it highly. It looks and feels cheap but functions flawlessly after thousands of rounds have been put through it. I have never owned one but have been told (and read in Gun Tests) that the trigger pull and accuracy of the Hi-Point carbine is better than the Ruger PC-9.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    When I can finally sell my SKS, and when my tax refund comes through, I'm going to get a Savage bolt-action package in .30-06.
  • ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My next one is a Colt Python 6 inch, royal blue, jueled trigger & hammer, Pachmayer grips,
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dealer says at least 3 weeks till the new contender is in, probably longer. After that?? I've always got a want list of things I'd like to play with.A pair of pre war Colt officers models one in .38 & one in .22 LR.Savage model 20 in .250-30001885 Winchester in 25-20 SSHigh Standard models A,B,CColt pre WoodsmanSpanish Destroyer CarbineAny English hammer double on 16 or 12 boreA Rook rifle.That's most of the current list.Oh!! Someone just gave me a bunch of old surplus .30 carbine ammo. Maybe I should add a M-1 or a Marlin Levermatic to the list.WOODS
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye--what kind of scope is "packaged" in the Savage package? It looks like a Simmons or a Tasco. I'd go with a non-package deal and save for a better scope.
  • Captain GunbrokerCaptain Gunbroker Member Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    The mighty USS Gunbroker is n need a of a couple replacement cannons. the 2 on the port side have seen considerable use and the crew complains that they wont shoot far enuff. that being said the search continues.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cz52- ive got to see what a $119 dollar pistol shoots like. barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now this is dumb.I cant walk a 100yrds,If i can stay out of bed for three hours,I am having a good day.What I realy wont is a .458 win mag.Why?.Because I am a by God American and it's my right to wont it.The elephants have been tromping on the flower beds,Hold on while a go look at the directions on the new meds.Uh thats armadillo's in the flower beds(never mind).Beast,The makarov's shoot great,very dependable.Best ejecter I have ever seen.Have a frend that has put about 3000 rounds through one.No problems.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    A 20 ga. Ruger Red Label or trade my p-85 for a beretta cougar or maybe a 45-70 barrel for my encore or...... Jeeez how come some guys have to ask such hard questions?