In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunbroker Draft

gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
Ok guys, I propose that if needed, we implement the all inclusive Gunbroker Draft. With us younger ones "30 and under" "fallin in with the "more experienced" being our CO'sHave Gun Will Travel

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Can I bring my own gun? Roll the M-16 around in some Afghan sand and watch it crap out; take my SKS or AK in and watch it take the sand in stride.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep this is a BYOG mission, everyone is invited pack light as it shouldn't take long with this crew !!
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bring my own gun, no problem, but can't I borrow an M-60 from Uncle Sam? Please? Pretty please? I promise to give it back (fingers crossed).
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare
  • Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll go.....and I'll bring my little gun, and my big one two......both use long distance when it's imperative to reach out touch someone....hopefully Osama
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's dangerous count me in!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll see if I can talk some of the "Smoking Jacket Club" members into signing up....
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    What's this under 30 stuff. I've got three little rugrats calling me pawpaw. I may be old, but I can still shoot! Besides, why should the under 30 guys have all the fun?
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dheffley, you got me wrong on this one as all CO's will be in the field "teachin on proper shot placement etc." us younger bucks will hump the rucks etc. oh yea and any member of the smoking jacket club is automatically formed into their own company as we grow into battalion strength. here's what we need...1. Smoking Jacket Club, pick you colors and you are to provide the smoking material 2. several cases of Bob's Best "anyone got any left?"3. pilots 4. raghead outfits for the "behind the lines activitys"5. Im running outa suggestions please advise!!4.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll jine up iff'n I can get a .50 riffle wid a gude scope. Nothin' like a .50 fer takin' diaper heads out.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We of the Smoking Jacket Club sort of had in mind "Dirty Tricks", "covert clandestine operations", and "Intellegence gathering". Similar to what those chaps did during WWII, breaking the "enigma codes" at a secluded country estate. Sir Lord BeeKeeper still has his wireless set hidden behind a secret panel in the study.....
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt.......You're my kind of CO.
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    gunnut,All is forgiven. I'll be glad to serve with you. You may have to help us old poofers carry our ammo, but we'll be glad to untwist a few turbins at 600 yards.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'll carry the ammo, Rembrandt is the First CO "If you want the Job" of the first Company, .50's will be furnished each weapon will have a crew of 2, the spotter will carry the ammo.And yep my spellin leaves alittle to be desired what do ya expect from a NUT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, gota go out of town for a week on business, Rembrandt can you take command of this post early? If not someone step up to the plate and lead this thing, as I can't wait to read the post's when I return Friday!!!Bob
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Gunnut,,You can't institute an undertaking of this scope and then leave town for a week, THIS IS PRACTICALLY WAR MAN!!I guess we'll have to wrap this up in a hurry to accomodate all these frequent flyers!Can everybody fit a little combat into their busy schedules??
    My wife?.........Sure!My dog?..........Maybe!MY GUNS??........NEVER!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm sure there are more qualified leaders than me....but if no one steps forward, I'll put on my Patton outfit and perform my duties.
  • Options
    ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I guess I could find some time this week for some action. My boss (read gunnut) will be out of town and so I can do whatever I want and he'll be none the wiser. He never is.Although, I will be pretty busy running his command here at home with the troops (read idiots) he has left me.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey dano nobody in their right mind jumps out of a perfectly good airplane.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And just who said we was in our right minds?All armies needs good Sappers and I will prepare a Basic Combat Load and forward in triplicate for your approval.
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of our own guns can we bring? I'm thinking I'll just need the Remington 700 at first, cause I'll come into posession of an AK-47 shortly after I take my first shot....
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in!!!! With Rembrandt leading my squad we can't fail. I have my own guns and ammo but will take donations of C4 if anyone has some to spare. I think badboybob would make a good tank commander if he wouldn't mind mounting that 50cal on top of the tank.
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can me and my 870 come too?Wouldn't mind throwin' some 00 buck around up close and personal like. Hey gunnut!Can I man the .50 Browning MGif I asked real nice?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All felons are welcome to come and fight with us.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When is our mighty leader gunnut gonna be back so we can get this operation fired up?
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those who need their hearts and minds won over to our side, you have a bonified Army-trained recruiter here at your disposal! Hah!
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Wow,this guy is some recruiter,where do I sign???~Sir Lord Beekeeper~
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Count me in too! And if there is any helicopters to be fixed,I'll bring my tool box.I can also fly one in a pinch,as most old crew-chiefs knew that it might be needed in a worst case scenario.May not be a pretty landing,but any landing is a good landing.If my son has to go,I want to be there!!
    Freedom is not free,what have YOU done to support it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, Im back, however I must leave for Meetings in Denver in the am So Someone will have to stand up and take command of this fine outfit. Reports are in and the Blackhawk's are in route, equipment is in country awaiting your arrival. .50's and all..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, Smoking Jacket Club. We Need a Leader The Nut
  • Options
    Free N TXFree N TX Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did I hear 50 cal.'s are waiting? I'll be right there.Just think... full auto play ground and no ATF saying "your papers, pleazze".Hmmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to mail one of those .50's back home one piece at a time????
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt mind leading, but only if those following are over 6' tall. See, I'm pretty short, and I just as soon that all you gung-hoe .50 bangers manage to sholder those bad boy toys, and fire well above my head. Just give me a couple of launchers and a pack full of goodies, and I'll smoke em out for you...
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    travelor, I'm 6 foot 3inchs tall and I'm ready to go. Where are we gonna hit first?
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Why is everyone thinking sooooooooo small??I mean, C'Mon!MK-19 40mm Grenade Launchers.A SINCGARS radio to talk to Puff-the-Dragon with.OK, OK Mama Duece sure DOES have a lovely singing voice.And Rembrandt is right, We need some Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheeep!-I'd love to repack some Al-Queda ammo crates...as long as 1 in 50 rounds or so was stuffed to the brim with some IMR 4198!! Heheheh...bang, bang,bang,BANG!Thud.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!![This message has been edited by Matt45 (edited 10-21-2001).]
  • Options
    Krag96Krag96 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I volunteer to be A "Jody", I know it's a dirty job, but someone has to comfort the widows and lonely girlfriends, and with this group, I feel certain there will be lots of widows, so go ahead and fight the Pathans,and be secure in the knowledge that Me and several million other "Jody's" will be backing You up.
  • Options
    berto64berto64 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Krag 96, I volunteer for SW Idaho "Jody" duty. Can't have all those ladies getting lonely now, can we?berto
    What! Trade my M-14 for that plastic piece of ___t!Endeavor to Persevere
  • Options
    edited November -1
    who says I'm thinking small? what the frig you think is in the backpack of goodies to go with the launcher? Besides, how big a package do you think c4 coms in? hehehehehehe
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    travelor, you got c4??? Email me some,please!!! There are some weird guys hanging around here and I want to set a booby trap for them!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sir Shane of the~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, I said give me a pack full of goodies...if I had some, I'd rather dedicate it to the cause of fluffing some muslim muslin head gear....But seeing as your so tall, I'll make sure you get a piece to chew on the way back from our victory!!!
  • Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Krag96, Real nice comments.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For clarification:Krag 96: Most of the "war widows" around here likely shoot better than you and have more experience with opportunists.Also- When Rembrant speaks of Clandestine operations, he is refering to "under covers work," not undercover work.Those are shoes Krag 96 will never fill!