In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

And HERE'S [some of] the TEXAS MAFIA !!!!

2»

Comments

• tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TwoDogs,
    I've hit a lot of the SAXET Shows. [TEXAS spelled backwards]
    Mostly up in North Houston In the Spring area. They've always got good stuff. It seems to be a well operated show.
    What about you, Chevy? Could you make it to San Antonio?
    Any body else? The more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!!

Tideman [Ready for fun in TEXAS]
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    SAXET also has a show on the third
    weekend of the month in Austin.

Just a thought,
    BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
    edited November -1
    We like Austin, too, BW.

In my better years, I had some "Pretty Interesting" times there.

Really, it doesn't make too much difference to QB and me where we have it.

We'll be there!!!!

Tideman
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Depending on the dates, can't go anywhere the last two weeks of September or October because of work obligations, I'll drive anywhere to meet you guys.

But, Austin being fairly central, seems a better choice so it won't be so far for others that live in the panhandle or north Texas.

Of course time will tell, as some may want to go to San Antonio.
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...it's a start.
    Lets go ahead and let this tread kick and we will firm up the idea via email or land-lines.
    When comes together we will repost location and date.
    Ya'll (Outdoor, Tideman and others) know most of the Texas GBer's better than I do sice I'm new..compile an email address's and shoot it to me and I will make contact.

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swwbo,

I graduated from LaPorte high school in 1974. LaPorte is just a few miles east of Gilley's which was in Pasadena before it burned to the ground. It was called Shelly's before it was called Gilley's. Usually on Friday or Saturday night a bunch of us would get together and go there. Old and young alike could have fun there. The bull was a big joke when it was first put in. My ex-brother & law is a nephew of Mickey Gilley, and he take care of us when a good band came to town. In fact he is in one of the dance scenes in the movie Urban Cowboy. My sister is on the cover of one of Mickey Gilley's albums with a bunch of other girls surrounding Mickey. I was in the Army when the movie came out. John Travolta was no Texan. I had to quit wearing my Gilley's T-shirt after that. They just wanted to do the same to country music that they did to DISCO with Saturday Night Fever. At least country music had staying power, because Disco sucked! They used to have a jar of killer jalape?o peppers on one of the bars, and if you could eat one and not drink anything for five minutes all your drinks were free the rest of the night. I didn't drink much back then (except of a Lone Star here & there), and I loved hot foods, so my buddies would always get me to eat a pepper so that they could get all my free drinks.[^]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,451 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mafia? Heck they don't even look Eyetalian! Kinda look like some of Gilley's regulars.

He Dog
    edited November -1
    Trinity,
    I remember real well those damned jalapenos!
    I tried one just once.

Geeze........I thought I was gonna' DIE!!!!

To this day, I still can't eat anything too spicy or I have "Flash Backs".

Tideman [burned in TEXAS]
    edited November -1
    TwoDogs,
    QB and I will get as many e-mail addresses as possible.
    Maybe another post is in order for those interested and they can sign up.
    Austin? Is that where we're gonna' do this? [That's fine with QB and myself.] We can have a GB meeting at sundown at the river bridge and watch the bats flyin' off for dinner. That's quite a spectacle.

Tideman
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Tide,
    give Howard a call, we're talking Austin in mid-October.
    He says there's a gun show there the 15-17th. He'll start another post after he speaks with you and Dusty. And BW is just down the road.

I've counted 54 Texans! Some may not be around any more, others won't be able to make it for this reason or that...but we should still have a party!
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trinity,

I know the area well.. Well I did... I lived in LaPorte with Stephen after he and I married.. over off of 4th street if my memory serves me right... After my DIVORCE I lived in Pasadena off of Strawberry Street..The Strawberry Street Apts...I was right down the road from Gilley's.. If I'm remembering correct Gilley's was just off of Red Bluff. I can't remember the main road now.. Thinking Spencer?? Guess I'm getting old. When I was a child my Mom lived in Galena Park..(The paper mill was horrible!!The smell) I visited her during the summer months after my Dad and her divorced..My Mom lives in Livingston Tx now..I'm due a visit to see her now... I agree about Gilleys.. Remember the punching bag?? The green beer? I was in Pasadena a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how bad the area as gone down since I lived there.. I'm sure there are parts that are still nice..

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Hope I can get some work in Dallas around that time [:D]
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swwbo, Livingston is my home town, Twodogs lives here also, you should have come down to visit your mother a few weeks back!

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
    edited November -1
    Swwbo,
    Yes, ma'am. You sure missed a good meetin' a few weeks back.
    I can vouch for just about everything you had to say about the paper mill, Gilley's, etc.
    The only thing I disagree with is that you think maybe some parts of Pasadena [Stink-A-Dena] are still nice.
    I have to inform you, dear! Pasadena, Tx. ain't no better! The parts you saw were the good parts.
    If you're gonna' be in Livingston, Tx, let us [QB and myself] know when. Maybe we could arrange to be there with TwoDogs and ChevymanTx [and any one else that might straggle in] and we could have an [UN]official meetin' of the TEXAS MAFIA!

Tideman [With QB on the Side]