In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

And The Band Played On

whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
If you could have any entertainer(s) perform for you at a private get-together who would it be?I've always thought Glen Campbell and Roy Clark would be a riot. I'd ask Roy NOT to sing. Both men are guitar virtuosos Clouder..

Comments

• ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don Rickles and the original "Rat Pack".nuff said.....
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ibtrukn.....great choice...I have to admit though that Linda Ronstadt always brought out the best and the worst emotions in me. I didn't know if I wanted to protect her like she was my vulnerable little sister or make a move on her like she was a very available vamp. Beach
  • thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Maakem
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John Mellencamp. If a second choice had to be made, Dan SealsScott the midwestern horse farmer (hi Mudge!)
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    "Private get together"....One of my favorites is a Mississippi comiedian named....KILLER BEAZ .218
    Did somebody say somethin` about bees?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 02-11-2002).]
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd love to have Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson over, I think they'd be fun to hang out with (Is Mr. Cash still alive?). Also, I'm sure it would be fun to have Ted Nugent play some mean guitar and when he's done we could sit down and talk about hunting for a few hours!
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Either 1970 vintage The Who or 1980 vintage Black SabbathRoger Daltrey's dead now and Ozzy's brain is so burned out he's totally incoherent except when he sings.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    80's Sabbath?? You ought to be ashmed of yourself for wishing to see Dio perform with Sabbath. There is a reason he didnt last long with them. Whn they would perform any songs that Oz had a part of Dio would cut the songs up and act as if he was disgusted about having to sing an Ozzy tune. Ozzy may be burned out but the man sounds as good today as he did 30 years ago, and he has more money than any of us will ever dream about having. I can't wait to hear what some of these guys have to say about you bringing up Sabbath on here!LOL too many actually believe that their show depicted thier lifestyles. not true, show only. And I am an extrememly big time Sabbath fan and I don't worship the devil. Aside from them for a private show, The original Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Kiss, ACDC and if J Morrison was still here , The Doors.It would be so hard to pick just one, I could probably think of 20 bands or performers I would like to see. How about Richard Pryor for a comedian.
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta go with IB on this one. While in Vegas recently, we went to see a show at the Sahara called "The Rat Pack is Back." I'm not much on impersonations, but these guys had it cold. Sinatra, Martin, Davis and Bishop. It was absolutely like going back in time to 1961. The physical resemblances were marginal, but the mannerisms, voices, and singing were completely spot-on.Clouder, if you want a guitar virtuoso the man's name was Chet. The two you mention are fair, but pale next to Atkins.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com [This message has been edited by AntiqueDr (edited 02-11-2002).]
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Red Skelton. Already had pizza and breakfast with Ted Nugent when I worked for the Alaska Dept. of Fish&Game. Had to give him the indoctronation course on how to identify Bull Musk Ox from Cow Musk Ox when he was up here for his Musk Ox hunt in 1996.
    AlleninAlaska[This message has been edited by aglore (edited 02-11-2002).]
    edited November -1
    Hey clouder...M,M,M,M,Mel T,T,T,T,Tillis would be t,t,t,t,t,terrific t,t,t,too. P,P,P,P,Point Two Eighteen
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I`d have to go with Pink Floyd or Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.
  • WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to hear Elvis Presley singing gospel with Ricky Skaggs and Alison Krauss backing him up. Otherwise Conway Twitty & Geoge Jones in their prime would suffice. swede
    WyomingSwede'If you dont have the time to do it right the first time...When will you have time to go back and fix it???'
    edited November -1
    I saw AC/DC live last November.Un-freaking-believeable.Hands down the best concert I've ever seen, and I've seen: Foo Fighters-age 14, Goldfinger-age 15, Red Hot Chili Peppers-age 15, The Offspring-age 16, Greenday-age 17, Rob Zombie and Ozzie Osbourne-age 18 and AC/DC-age 18.Ticket cost me $40 and the college guys I sat next to kept blowing left-handed smoke in my face, but it was still incredible.
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye, I envy you as far as getting to see ACDC. I get goosebumps just listening to the ACDC live cd and hearing TNT and For Those About To Rock, more than once in the car I'v noticed my ears ringing when its over because I unkowinly cranked the volume up to a deafening roar at the beginning of TNT. I am a die hard late 70's, 80's and early 90's metal head. I would love to see an all day concert with ACDC, Kiss, Ozzy solo, Black Sabbath, Dio solo, Metalica, Megadeth, Nuclear Assault, Motley Crue, Red Ryder,Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Accept, Guns 'n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Judas Preist, Krokus, Motor head, Poison, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Rob Zombie, Scorpions, Wasp, Van halen, Slaughter, Pearl jam, NIN, Nirvana, Lizzy Borden and then in between sets have some more relaxing less adrenalin music like Skynard and Zeppelin. There are many more I could think of but for a Metal show, just think that would be totaly AWSOME, after that show you could shoot me in the head and I would die with a smile on my face. it would be rock heaven, imagine the rush, the feeling you get from distorted guitar, lot's of bass and drums, WOW BABY! And at the end of the show ALL bands get together with Ozzy and do Paraniod! Holy Cripes man that would just be the most absolute awsome thing anybody could imagine! Somebody tell me if country can give a rush like hearing Tony Iommi hit the first couple notes of Paranoid and the crowd going nuts, call it noise but god it's great. Thanks for getting this thread started clouder, I'll be smilin all day just thinking about this, time to kick the kids and wife out of the house, how did the group Autograph say it?? " TURN UP THE RADIO....I GOT TO FEEL IT GOT TO GIVE ME SOME MORE.........TURN UP THE RADIO"!
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
    edited November -1
    HOW IN THE HELL does Kiss fit in here???I always thought they were teeny boppers.."I want to rock and roll all night, and party every day"should have been done by the Bay City Rollers....come to think of it,maybe kiss was the Bay City Rollers in drag. NEIL YOUNG can kick all their *!!He`s the best there has ever been!!!!No painted face,no spandex..just just a lot of years of * kickin` rock n roll...flannel shirts,and blue jeans with holes in `em....long live the father of grunge....218
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pink Floyd # 1 choice.Was siting in a coffie shop early one morning on I 10 wating for my duck hunting partner.In walked two members of AC/DC with there sound man.They were having problems finding Houston.Wound up listing to three hours of there stories.If only a tenth of what they said was true,It was worth missing the duck hunt.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
    edited November -1
    aww .218, it's the show they put on. Kiss's better music came after the make up came off and Eric Carr was drummin, and after John Khulic started playing guitar. The make up was all show. And what's wrong with the Rollers? I used to watch them on TV when I was little. But to compare them to kiss, ok it's time for you to go stand in the corner and be subjected to torture by listening to The Back Street Boys for the rest of the day. Hope you learn your lesson, if somebody made me listen to the Back Street Boys for a day I would put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger. country would make me do that also.
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would prefer Dokken myself 7mm.
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rod Stewart.....the Rat Pack would be good.... We invited Cheap Trick or Off Broadway (I don't remember which one!) to a pig roast we had but they didn't come, it would have been great!
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I confess. I like opera. On my 50th birthday, the talented Mrs. Blade rewrote the lyrics to Oklahoma as appropriate for my birthday. Then she and two young friends who are opera apprentices (you didn't know there was such a thing?) sang through it at my birthday party. But if she really loved me, she would have hired Kiri TeKanawa and Pl?cido Domingo. Vladimir Ashkenazy, Jascha Heifitz, and Yo-Yo Ma would have accompanied.For an intimate dinner party with a couple dozen of our closest friends, I would pick Nat King Cole with a small back-up orchestra selected by Mr. Cole.For a block party where I liked the neighbors, I would invite them all over and have The Beach Boys play for entertainment.For a block party where I don't like the neighbors (where I live now), I would not invite them -- instead I would invite the local PD and volunteer firemen -- and have The Who play at full volume.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Neil YoungBulzeye, since when is Roger Daltry dead?
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
    edited November -1
    I thought he was....I'm pretty sure he is....Oh what the hell do I know.
    edited November -1
    How could I forget about dokken? oops. while we're at it let's get rage Against The Machine there also. How about Bush or STP? Gordian, I also listen to Classical. Mostly just Beethoven and Bach. Great driving music when youre in the desert all alone.
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rolling Stones.
  • beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Captain and Tenille,they just don't write'em like "muskrat love" anymore!!!!
  • traprtrapr Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glen and roy would be good,i also wouldnt have roy sing,but i would ask him to pick the banger instead of the geetar.if they thought that i was to fussy,then zz top!
  • jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMG what is wrong with you guys three words Britany freaking spears! classic rock sucks.especially ACDC-how many times do you need to hear "back in black" in youre lifetime!
    edited November -1
    As many times as I want to, can never get enough of it. Classic rock rules. I guess it's all on what you like, I know many people who would rather listen to country and they say anything alse stinks, same with others, it's all on what you like, I can't stand country or hip hop. Cant stand alot of other stuff either. I like good 'ol fashioned guitar, bass and drums. Cant deal with "rock imitators" who compose their music with computers.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roy Clark can play yakkity sax better with a guitar than Boots Randolf can with a sax. Also Maleguena can bring the hair up on your neck.Don Williams could have also came to my party and sung a song or two.I thought AC-DC Meant? Oh never mind. I didn't hear anybody mention Twisted Sister. Geezers Rule!
    "If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • EDHEADEDHEAD Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Led zepplin(when they were young) and Hank Williams Sr. hell of a combo huh?
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    did i need to say that three times?
  • coast2coastcoast2coast Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muddy Waters (RIP) with Kim Wilson on harmonica.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Daltry's alive and well.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about Commander Cody & the Lost Planet Airmen .
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    That dang 7 MM nut has got dang good taste in music! You too Bullzeye.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    You young whippersnappers never even heard of him but he is truly the king of rock and roll and no credit whatsoever "BO DIDDLEY"