In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Here it is guys...my new toy

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Promised I'd show you this when I got it.I know...all you "Bowtie" and "Blue Oval" guys are disappointed. Couldn't turn it down. Price was terriffic. It's got EVERYTHING on it. It's a '99 with only 18,000 miles. It's a 4X4. Didn't particularly want a 4X4 but just couldn't walk away from the price.Mudge the ecstatic
I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-02-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-02-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-02-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-02-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One problem right off the bat.Looks too nice to get muddy.I thought you were gona get a mopar.Enjoy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SXSMAN....I had enough trouble getting this picture posted. Don't gimme any grief. Did the picture come up when you opened the thread?Mudge the uncertain
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So what the hell is it? All I see is air. Is it a air boat? C'mon mudge, don't keep us hangin'!Scott the stumped
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry guys, but it's working for me. I get a great picture. Don't understand why you aren't. And I was so proud of myself.Mudge the disapointed
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nudge:I had to go into the HTML source and root out the SRC address. Displayed fine them.Nice lookin' green truck. Dodge! 18000 means it about ready for an overhaul, right?Nice wheels.CLouder..
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder, you don't give an inch, do you?
  • Options
    TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mudge - it looks just fine!Ignore those who are picking on you about your choice - all that matters is that you like it!Take care, T out.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Well, I'd really like to look but I can't get the picture. What do the rest of you liberal yuppies know that I don't?
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice truck Mudge...If you get stuck,I have got a Ford with a 460 and a loggin chain...just kidding,hope it is the start of a long happy relationship!!
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Did they even try to buff out that scratch??.218
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The X marks the spot were the pic must be oris an X rated 4x4 ? ?
    Good , Bad ? Who cares? as long I am the one with the GUN..
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mlincoln: What?You get to know me I can be a lot of fun.But none would just delete it..Clouder..
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://images.ofoto.com/photos199/2/27/97/33/77/0/77339727203_0_ALB.jpg Forbidden zone[This message has been edited by cpermd (edited 12-02-2001).]
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    [This message has been edited by alledan (edited 12-02-2001).]
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOW we see..... Nice ride ! Good stuff!
    Good , Bad ? Who cares? as long I am the one with the GUN..
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right on! He got a dodge! Keep the oil changed and it will run forever!
  • Options
    berto64berto64 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess ya know ya cain't it take offroad an scratch the paint or knock the chrome off.Or can you? Red is purtier. Yeller?I know! Cammo!berto
    What! Trade my M-14 for that plastic piece of ___t!Endeavor to Persevere
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Needs a longer box and some mud. Heh heh! Congrats, Mudge! Works for me! Enjoy!
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes the pic came up for me and yes it still looks too nice to get muddy.And as for grief,don't worry,I save all that for TLynn.Right sugar?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alledan...I followed your instructions to the letter. The pic keeps disappearing on me. Right now, I can see the one YOU posted, but not the one I posted. What the hey!!!!Mudge the TOTALLY confused.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mudge,I went to the site, copied the photo and using adobe I transferred it to my photopoint account.I tried to image it straight to GB but it wouldn't take either.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, come on, where's the gearhead specs?What engine? What transmission? What options/accessories?I can't just look at a picture. I wanta know the details.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that a church is see in the background?Is it:Mudge the converted?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider...OK...OK Ram 1500 SLT Laramie, 4X4, 5.9 engine, auto, aluminum wheels, tow package, tilt, cruise, sliding rear window, AM/FM cassette, bed liner, heated mirrors. Competentone.....Yes, that's a church. Have no fear. I didn't go in. Do you think I'd want to tempt the wrath of the higher power?(Zeus)Mudge the druid
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-03-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That 360 (5.9) is a great engine. I had one in a 1995 Dodge 3/4 ton Ram Van. That thing had power to spare. I used to get 20 mpg on the hiway if I drove it conservatively (kept it under 80mph).That's a damn nice truck.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Mudge, No gun rack in the window?-Charlie, the dis-illusioned
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I KNEW it was only a matter of time before SOMEONE axed me about a gun rack. The only question was, when and who.Sorry Charlie.....no gun rack. The only shotgun I own is too short to fit and the only rifles I own are WAY too valuable to display like that.By the way....I don't have any tatoos either.Mudge the pristine
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-03-2001).]
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice truck Mudge! I've owned a Dodge pickup for over 2 years now and I've NEVER had a problem with it. You'll love it!
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    arthur wellingarthur welling Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gives ya a hint....You really really REALLY want to service the rear differential in the near future, and keep it serviced regularly if you want extended life with it.Also, you might as well start pricing AC evaporators now so you don't fall over later when it goes bad.Also again, check to see what tranny fluid it calls for. Fair chance it's ATF+3, and plain old Dexron aint gonna cut it.Dig dig nudge nudge..... (grin)Nice looking ride!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just two words: SYNTHETIC OIL'Nuff said?
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you beleve in Santa now?
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK troops....another question for ya'. Lowrider strongly suggests synthetic oil. I've never used it. Anybody out there have any thoughts about it? (Ain't this gonna' open a can of worms?)Mudge the researcher.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I use it in every rig I own. I don't care what the so-called studies say about it being a waste of money. I'm using Castrol Syntec in my Jeep, Dodge pickup and my ol' lady's Saturn wagon. Amsoil in my Harley and my wife's Yamaha.When I switched to the Amsoil in my Harley after a few hundred miles I had to turn down the idle speed. The stuff reduced engine friction so much the idle just kept speeding up.I'm sold on synthetic.
  • Options
    CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    haver 95 1500 with 132000 mi. and have had fuel pump and oil pump replaced. not four wheel, have heavy camper on back and take it through the woods and over the hill to the deer and squirrel homes. I think it is the best truck out there and congradulate you and am sure you will be very happy with it. carl
  • Options
    CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    haver 95 1500 with 132000 mi. and have had fuel pump and oil pump replaced. not four wheel, have heavy camper on back and take it through the woods and over the hill to the deer and squirrel homes. I think it is the best truck out there and congradulate you and am sure you will be very happy with it. carl
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some syn oils are o.k. but stay away from Slick 50 and others that contain teflon. The teflon in it is supposed to be sub-micronic and it is not! The teflon flakes are too large to go thru the oil filter and the oil galleries around the crank shaft. This encludes the main bearings.The teflon also will effect the seals so that oil will blow by and leak out.If you want to replace an engine then use it. Don't take the chance of burning up your engine with this crap.I found out the hard way on this one!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I think I will go with synthetic. Lowrider, as a matter of fact, Castrol would be my first choice. My bike mechanic tells me not to put synthetic in our bikes. He's been working on bikes for over 20 years so I'm gonna' have to take his word on that one.Picked the thing up this evening. What a "land-yacht". After having driven an '88 Nissan for 4 years, the Dodge feels about 15'wide. Driving home 60 miles from the dealer, over unfamiliar roads, at night, in an unfamiliar vehicle wasn't the most fun I've ever had. Kept thinking I was 2 feet over the centerline or about to run into the ditch. It's SOOOO damn big you don't get a sensation of speed and I nearly wet myself on a couple of turns. It also barely fits in my garage. About 1 inch clearance thru the door and not a lot on either side. Guess I'll have to clean out some of the junk so I can get the passenger side door open. I love it!!!!Mudge the happy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's sure nice to sit up high, though. The increased visibility in full-sized trucks is great, especially in heavy traffic.Let us know how you're doing on gas mileage.
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    amsoil,amsoil,amsoil go check out he diesel sites www.freautoadvice.com do a search for synthetic oil or somthing in that nature.I am in the process of converting my ford excursion (power stroke diesel) over to all amsoil. engine,tranny,transfercase,diffs. the whole ball of wax. You see when I opted for a truck with a $4500 engine option the wife told me I had to drive it till the wheels fall off, so I am going to insure that. thus the amsoil.