In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It just ain`t right

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
At gun shows recently, I`ve seen guys older than me(41),who should know better,wearing T-shirts with the words-Fu(k bin Laden on the back,with the word Fu(k very large..large enough for me and most kids to read across any autitorium I`ve ever been in.I`m not concerned for myself,but kids read everything..especialy when they are just learning.I do not think ladies should have to be around this kind of filth!!!!!~Sir Lord Beekeeper~

Comments

• Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It takes about 30 seconds to spot every KKK Life Member at any given gun show.The same goes for the inbreeds and retards that wear such clothes as you mentioned.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another imature jerk hoping someone notices how cool he thinks he is. [This message has been edited by William81 (edited 12-16-2001).]
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218bee:Remember, the words in a child's story book are kept to a minimum and the pictures bright and colorful and numerous. It has to do with attention span and retention. All the senses had to be employed to a maximum to see any beneficial effect on their learning. Your Bubba-type never progressed beyond that primitive state. Large bright letters, spelling words not over one syllable long and placed at eye level. See the connection?And another thing, God gave our bodies enough blood to serve one head or the other. In the bubba, this problem is compounded by the fact that they don't have the moral character to try and keep even a little in the upper story. They think and react below the belt exclusively. It's why their vocabulary comprises many words that describe mostly functions and activities that occur only in that realm. Do not despair, they do not make very good breeders.Clouder..
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Clouder -I read your posts with great interest as a rule. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't.This time you're wrong. You give these lowlifes way too much credit... And they do breed. Way too well!Best wishes for the coming holiday. Keep on posting.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Low lifes are everywhere. They want attention. Ignore them.
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope you guys dont think I'm a bubba just cause I have ROBERTS and U.S. MARINES stenciled across my shirt.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been said that people that draw attention to themselves are really insecure about their....."shortcomings".....
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robsguns: Your salvation lies in the fact that "ROBERTS" and "U.S. MARINES" are both polysyllable words; and one even contains an acronym. The distinguishing characteristic of a bubba is one syllable words, which is why they fail to realize they are "bubbas"- a two syllable word. ( I think i spelled syllable correctly, at the present I am being to lazy to go look it up.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Folks,these fellers wutton bubbas..these fellers looked a heck of a lot like yankees ta me!....Acourse I spose theres such a thang as 'yankee bubbas'...maybe somebody can cunfurm it for me.Point Two EighteenP.S.,I did see two of my cousins boys ,on my mamas side,at the show..their grandaddy was my uncle Bubba...saw one of uncle Elmo`s boys too,he`s the one that makes the low bush lightnin`.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sir Lord Beekeeper,.....your remark concerning "Yankee's" implies someone that could be "challenged"....Were these people identifiable as "Yankee's" because of a Major League Baseball insignia, or were you making an amature attempt at profiling? I certainly hope we are not opening "old wounds" from 150 years ago.Lord Rembrandt....of the Northern Yankee Rembrandt's
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being that my friends and co-workers have been predominantly from the south, I have learned to temper my speech about the Civil War to the point of being "PC" around southerners. Of course, every time Sherman is mentioned he always has to be "that rat b@st@rd Sherman" and the war is always referred to as the War of Northern Aggression. Most northerners could care less but it gets a bit touchy up in the hills of VA where one of my closest compadres calls home.
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beeman, I don't like the shirts use of that type of language either. You made a very good point!! I wish more people had as much respect for others as you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "vulgarity is a surgeon's scalpel most often wielded by neanderthals."-grampa rat
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks shane(from N.C.)!!!JNA II,I wasn`t trying to get any laws passed,..just tellin` the good folks here,from all over the country,what bothers me. Also,my kids are hoame shcooled!! .218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh,i forgot to remind you that my kids wern`t at any show..it was other kids i was concerned about. Idsman,how dare you bring up the name of that S.O...Hey...come ta think of it,Sherman is my 1st cousin,..you know!!,..uncle bubba`s boy,..the daddy of them two boys at the gunshow,..1st cousin of Gerold,the one that makes the low bush lightnin`.Them ones on my mamas side is hard ta keep track of!!Point Two Eighteen
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rembrandt,don`t make me say somethin that i might regret..like what i saw on them shirts!!Rem.,on the serious side,in an area that is taken over by northerners(90% is a conservative estimate),one becomes somewhat of an expert on identifying people`s origin,by the way they walk,talk,dress,wear their hair,and many other determining factors!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sure sounds like profileing....90%?...does that make you a native minority southerner?
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey .218! you know the comment about knowing someones origin? you aughta hear what we yankees have to say about you ! Not so nice I'll tell ya! As you know I travel every state in the union and no other area gets more ridicule than down yonder way.I hear all kinds of talk and I see and meet alot of people from all over and I cannot come close to guessing where they are from(except that wisconsin accent is hard to miss). I agree that having cuss words displayed on the shirt was in bad taste BUT like the oter fella said ,it is his right to do so. Alot of people don't like your rights to guns and you defend that right. what makes your right better than his? Your rights offend people and his rights offend you,get used to it. You want to judge him and call him stupid (in a round about way you called him stupid)well go ahead and do it. What do you call doctors, lawyers and other upity people on Harleys, that look like hells angels for a day?Stupid? Go talk to one of them and maybe you would be surprised. I for one don't JUDGE someone untill I know them. I don't like being judged by someone who does not know me. To judge someone for what they wear or where they are from makes you look like a hipocrite(may have spelled that wrong) I would hate to hear what you would say about me if you ever saw me, I got 5 tattoos,wear harley shirts and carry a gun. What am I? A punk? I try to get along with everybody but I have a problem sometimes of speaking out when something like this pops up. I beleive people has the right to say, speak, dress, worship or do whatever the heck they want to do and if someone wants to say f**k Bin Laden, well let them.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now, I live in the midwest. Does that make me a yankee? I also see shirts of that type a lot, the kids (11 & 9) see them and do make comments about them. I tell them that people can choose what they want to wear but we don't have to like it! There is a time and place for that type of clothing and a family setting isn't one of them!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Time and place,family setting. Some people consider it a family setting ,some dont. it's all up to the person who wears it I guess. Like I said I dont like those shirts but unless he wears it to my home I aint sayin a word to him. Let me ask you this, how do you feel about teeage girls wearing string bikinis at an amusement park? Family setting right? I see it all the time at Hershey Park around the water rides. Now I bet the felas dont mind that a bit now do they? to me just as bad as a vulgar shirt but if thats what they want well let them do it. Like I said everybody has the right to do what they want, when you tell them they cant wear this or wear that then you are just like the liberals who want to take those rights, we cant determine what rights are good and what rights are bad. they are all either bad or they are all good, one or the other. You want to tell him what shirt to wear, well you might as well turn in your guns because you just went against what we stand for.It's a free country. get used to it.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regrettably, inexcusable rudeness has become the norm. Just as we all "have to get used to" foul language being pumped out at high volume from cars passing by (or be called racist), so too do we "have" to accept foul language on T-shirts. If you don't celebrate foulness, you are narrow-minded; didn't you know that?
  • Options
    FMJFMJ Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bubba -yankee wow! This country is sure divided. Yet you all say your Americans.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well lets pump up 'ol hank from the car stereos and nobody will mind. Look I'm not saying I agree with the shirt or foul language, all I'm saying is we cant go around telling somebody that we don't like something so don't do it. I for one don't like rap music or country but if somebody cranks it up do I say put on some ozzy and I wont complain? What amazes me is of all places we on gb are supposed to support the constitution but I cant remember how many times I've seen posts wanting to exclude certain Ideas, sure its rude to wear that stuff in public but what are you going to do? I can certainly make the assumption that now I'm not well liked on here and so be it. I cant stand when somebody judges others and claims because they are yankees they are no good, .218 are you really serious when you make that claim? Is the south so much better?I have been driving truck for 13 years and I have seen good and bad all over, you are no better than us yanks and we are no better than you. I joke around alot just to ruffle feathers but I'm not joking now. Admin if you want to delete my user name from here I will not complain. I have seen the true colors of some members, lets talk about blowing afgan off the map and defending ones family and home with deadly force but do not let anybody talk about religion or freedom of speech and expression unless it suits certain ones. All I say is support all of the constitution or none of it. There are many things I do not like and vulgarity in public is one of them but who am I to say "you cant do that" because I don't like it. Animal lovers don't like us killing animals for food but we do it no matter how they feel and that is ok but just dont make me see or hear something I don't like because I will complain. Narrow minded? only if you decide what rights to defend and what rights not to defend. Your gun rights are important to you and so is that mans right to wear his shirt to him. How about this, I read a post about somebody not liking a shooting range near their home and most of you said TOO BAD! but yet when some body does something you don't like it is a totally different ball game. How did we used to say in school,, "you can dish it out but you cant take it"p.s maybe us yanks are dumb,just look at my spelling.
    when all else fails........................[This message has been edited by 7mm_ultra_mag_is_king (edited 12-17-2001).]
  • Options
    pimpinbitchespimpinbitches Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And you thought my user name was some sort of travesty.?
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm . . . may I suggest that some folks go to neutral corners? (A) The tee-shirts are in terribly poor taste, clouder and others defined the type clearly. Haven't seen such, but would likely suggest to the individuals wearing them that the wording was inappropriate to any public venue while thinking the shirt size must be larger than their IQ. (B) I don't care if I'm called racist or whatever, but I don't need my ears ruined by what passes for music in the wheeled boomboxes - and that foolishness seems to be color-neutral, BTW. [C] 'Bubba' may be a convenient stereotype for certain elements in the South, but those parties have their counterparts in every state in the nation, regardless of climate, including, alas, NH . . . . [D] 7mm is right on the money about the Constitution. Those shirts are protected political speech under the First Amendment - that exact word & sentiment (on a jacket worn in a Federal courthouse) was the subject of a Supreme Court case in the 1970s, although the target was different; the decision was, I believe, 9-0. When any of us wear a shirt saying 'People Eating Tasty Animals,' 'Clinton Sucks But He Doesn't Inhale,' 'Gun Control Is Using Both Hands' or whatever, we are doing the same thing . . . certainly - and intentionally - ruffling someone's feathers. We don't have to be quiet. We don't have to accept it (which is where you are wrong, 7mm). We can tell these folks that their attire is inappropriate; that's our right as much as it is theirs to wear this garbage, and that is where 7mm is dead on target. We can, and should, act as a civilizing influence, particularly among 'our own kind' as it were. But we cannot, must not, throw out parts of the Constitution simply because we don't like how others may use them. That puts us on the same team as the Klintons and Kennedys. I for one don't consider them my ideological allies. The strength of this country is in its diversity and in our respect for / tolerance of those differences, no matter how distasteful that may be at times.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7,I see no reason for your post to be deleted.I was not,as i stated earlier,trying to get any laws passed,we are not law makers here at gb.I was simply letting the folks here know how i feel.As for profiling,i was simply trying to defend the bubbas,for i are one.7,you`d be surprised at how little i judge people.I cut my hair,shaved my beard,went to a state treatment center,to kick booze..but mainly to get off morphine/dialaudid(sp),about 17 years ago.I look so strait now,I`m the one being judged.I was driving down the road,about 13 years ago,saw a familiar looking guy changing his flat tire.I stopped to help,it was my brother that i had not seen in 12 years,he was here for our dads funeral.I said hi,he said hi,and looked away and continued his task...he did not know I was his brother..he thought i was a cop stopping to give him a hard time.People think just because i cut my hair,that i have somethin against long hair...wy i`m judged more than ye...but at least nobody has asked me if i want to get stoned in the last 17 years.I do not have anything against northern people in general...it`s only the ones that use the term 'bubba' in a negetive way..and to hear ourselves being called inbreds.. its getting old!.218[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 12-17-2001).]
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too am offended by the profanity that is permeating our society. Walk through a mall sometime and you'll hear garbage coming out of the mouths of children. It's MF this, and MF that. As though this language is no more offensive than "and" or "if". The words have no meaning in the context they are being used, but they use them anyway. They seem to be totally oblivious to the fact that they are even saying them. Mrs. Mudge and I were standing in the checkout line at "Wally-World" one day when this sort of garbage started flowing from a kid that was standing behind us. I turned around and ask this "goblin": "Do you kiss your mama with that same mouth?". Don't know whether he got the hint because I called it to his attention or because of my size? Don't really care which. It worked.I sometimes wonder where our gene pool is headed.Mudge the prude
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A list of other things I don`t like the looks of..but am not trying to have them outlawed:1.Ruger 10-222.Ruger #1 -what`s that stupid looking lever all about?3.Glocks4.Rugers with full length manlicher(?) stock are a discusting sight!!Before I go any further and forget..note to self:Make friends with 7 mag,go with him to Hershey Park in August!!List to be added to as thread progresses..5.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    218 Bee:I didn't mean to insult you if I did. I didn't even consider what part of the US you were talking about. A 'bubba' to me is exactly as I described them. They come from all over. No offense meant, honest.And 7mmMag:It is our responsibility as adults to take these miscreants to task. I have asked more than one to please desist with the foul language in the presence of my wife. Most will abide. Some will not, they are the 'bubba' I was talking about. They have the right to swear and I have the right to protest them. And I will.Clouder..
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is our responsibility as adults to take these miscreants to taskI resemble that remark but do not practice the action of the "Bubba" types.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Miss. Creant:Methinks you are not sure who you are.Clouder...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    clouder,she was three..at last count!clouder,..never..at any time..have I ever been insulted by you,..friend(unless it went over my head).There are a select few people who are allowed to say bubba,under one of my new laws..you sir have full poetic license!.218
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I'd sure as hell rather see people wearing tee shirts with vulgar writing on them than wearing the sorry-assed shirts that were out a few years ago with Billy Boy Clinton's picture on the front.This dumb Clinton-loving, liberal, anti-gun twit who works in the city hall was wearing one of them several years ago and I nearly hurled. Full-face Billy with his best "I feel your pain" look on his dishonest mug. I asked her what the hell was with her shirt and she launched into one of those "...he's the best president we've ever had..." routines. I just had to leave before I said something that would've got me fired from my job.Anyway, I wouldn't wear a profanity-laden shirt in a public place, but if that's what you're into, go ahead on.I DO have a shirt that I wear to some of the Harley get togethers that reads:I MAY NOT GO DOWN IN HISTORYBUT I'LL GO DOWN ON YOUR LITTLE SISTERDid I mention that my wife hates that shirt? She obviously has no respect for my First Amendment rights.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Low,at least a little kid dosen`t understand what that means...buddy,I sure as hell does!! .218
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218, I still stand behind you on this becouse you made a good point about those shirts and personally I do not like them either.(said from one bubba to another)Miss.Creant, I don't think he was talking about you. But if he was I'm sure he knows that you have around 308 other Miss.Creants to back you up if you need any help taking him down and that includes me!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beekeep, I certainly agree with you on the obscene shirts....now that "Yankee" thing, well I don't want to put on great grandads dark blue uniform, ride down and burn your plantation down....besides, your .218Bee wouldn't be a match for my Gatling gun....
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as of this minute i'm cancelling my elementary school hot-air balloon tour. my balloon has "F@#k YOU, LITTLE S#*TS!" written on it on one side and "GENR'L LEE WAS A P*SSY" on the other. also, i have rappers fast-roping off it w/ boom boxes blaring...instead of my educational tour, i'm going to anchor it above BeeKeeper Manor...if you see me on my journey over there, fire a few shots as a signal to say "hi". well, i gotta go- the fumes are getting to me...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks rat,it`s nice to get a little comic relief added to this thread..I never meant fir it to go in the direction it did.I know clouder and Evil never meant to aim their remarks in a southerly direction..they only reminded me of how those same terms are ~usualy~ pointed south.I never felt for a second,any negative vibes comin` from these two guys`.7 Mag,as I look back at the first few lines,of your first post,I can only feel insulted.You have verified that there is a serious problem up that way,with those people(a lot,not all)thinking they are superior for some reason or another..218
  • Options
    legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BK, i'd like to point out 1 thing to you on lowriders shirt.Things has changed since we were in school,"little kids" knows what most of that stuff is about or have a close version of it. Has anyone saw dano?
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • Options
    J.JohnJ.John Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read these posts with great interest, and it is also has been a learning experience.I found out that there are yankees (northerners) and Bubbas (Southerners).I am glad of two things,#!. I am neither, I am from Texas,and #2. I don't own any tee shirts,