In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who hates cats?

WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Why?

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like cats, but I'm allergic to pet hair and the fine long strands of cats seem to be the worst.
    So, I guess I really don't hate them...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cats - the other white meat.[}:)][:p]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I Love Cats--Dead Ones
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the only topic I have seen on this board that I want to stay away from. It instantly brings out the killer instinct in the "cat people" on board. Like cats, they will go for your throat or grab you by the back of the neck and shake the snot out of you..
    Saying something bad about cats has probably caused the worst fights on this board and some to go to anger management classes...[:D][:D][^] So, I will just say that I have never owned a cat and never will. None of my relatives have ever owned cats either. We are dog people.

denny
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like all anomals but hate the peole who keep dropping cats at my farm that take up residence on my back porch and expect to be let in and fed.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love cats.
    Mrs. Grey is curled up snoozing on the bed right now.
    Between the claws of this feline warrior, and my .44, it would be very dangerous for any entity to come on my property and mess with my cat.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Crims, why are you shouting? I doubt this topic will cause 10 pages of posts as the dog one just did. Why, because cats and cat people are more laid back and accepting and after a brief flurry of activity can just do what we do best, take a nap and move on. Dogs are completely dependent on people, the cat can exist on its own until a bigger predator comes along. And, if one is allergic to cats, it isn't the hair, but, the dander, which is why I use Head and Shoulders daily on my kitties.[:)]
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're allergic to pet dander, try bathing your animal in lukewarm tea. 'Tis said to work very well.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Hate" is entirely too mild a description of my feelings; I loathe and detest them . . . .

Why? Because all but one which I've ever met took an instant dislike to me and use me as a scratching post or worse. The first time I "met" a cat was with my first serious girlfriend. I came into her house wearing a corded knit sweater. The cat came down the stairs from the second floor and launched itself from about eight feet up to land on my chest, digging its claws into the sweater - and, not incidentally, the skin underneath. I suppressed my instinctive reaction (I was, after all, seriously considering a diamond offering and didn't want to screw that up) and, as gently as possible, disengaged the beast to place it on the floor. Later, I was sitting in a chair and had my right arm hanging over the side. WHAP! That @#$%^&*( had taken a swipe at my hand and left scratches 2" long across the back. No diamond was offered! Others since decide to use my legs as sharpening posts or various parts of my anatomy as a gym, always with claws extended for a better grip. Then there have been the ones, feral or not, I've seen with dead game birds - usually immature, but not always. Finally, and not least, there were the ones my first stepchildren had which, long story, dramatically raised my heating bill. In short, with one exception, I've never encountered a cat which didn't cause me injury in some manner.

I won't intentionally harm a cat - I even try to avoid those which run in front of me in the road and let the ones with dead birds live- but I would no more take in a stray cat than give shelter to bin Laden.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like watching cats ...............

Through a 12X Leopold !!

Parsons.gif
    0.jpg
    When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    woodshermit....Shouting? I wasn't shouting. I always use bold type so that these tired old eyes can see what I'm doing better. That's one thing I envy cats for.....their eyesight. [:D][:D][;)]
    I edited this to see how my type is now.....OK, I can still see it. [:D][:D][^]
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast.question do you smell funny.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

standard.jpg

It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Gee, I was really hoping this post would reveal even more insecure, manipulating and controlling individuals.[:0]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to think cats were okay, but somewhere along the line I developed an allergy. For years now it has driven me crazy to even be in a home with a lot of cat dander around. Some folks seem to clean better than others, because I don't always have a reaction, but there are times when I can tell I've sat in it, because my neck starts to itch, my eyes start to swell, and all I can do is take a pill and lie down with a cold wet cloth covering my eyes, then leave. I'm hardly a fun guy if you force me to sit with cats, so why put me through it? I don't hate the cats, I hate the people who don't clean their homes and then say, "Love me; love my cat." I have to kiss them -- off. [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast.. Wow.. I guess I'm not the only one cats don't like!! An old girlfriends cat jumped off a chair and on my chest and bit the **** out of me. That cat and I went round and round in the living room. It kept attacking me. I would throw it off and less than a minute later it was fur up coming back for more. It was making this funny growl noise and it wasn't purring. That big yellow tomcat and me were having it out. Then daddy came into the room just to see my throw the cat across the room. He said something to me and I told him to get that *** **** cat away from me !! Needless to say he ask me to leave cause he didn't allow any cussing in the home. I laughted and left burnout marks in front of the home. I dislike cats cause they can't be trusted..
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not me. my stray tabby raised from wandering kittenhood, use to heal, point, and fetch squirrels for me when i'd shoot them out of our pecan trees. he'd jump up on my arm and to my shoulders for long hunts into the woods on my command. he was killed last year. he was only 3 years old. he will be missed. he was better than any dog for half the food intake and didnt crap on the floor or in the yard, or bark. i like cats but doubt i'll ever find another like him. therefore i stay away from all animals now, to save my heart the pain of future loss.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Cats are OK, but I prefer Dogs. Cats could care less about pleasing their owners. Dogs on the other hand will do anything for a pat on the head and those loving words "Good Boy/Girl".

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    big tire...

Wrong...Cats care very much about pleasing their master, otherwise they would not bring "gifts".....
    As for the pat on the head and good boy/girl...cats love that too..

There has been a few studies done that show people who prefer dogs stating they 'hate cats' are the ones who want people to bow down to them, be obedient to them like their dogs..They have to control, sometimes with force...

People who prefer cats on the other hand could care less about being obedient to someone and just more or less say kiss my grits...

Hey dont holler at me, the studies are out there...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses, I agree. Men who profess to hating cats seem to have a pretty well-developed narcissism complex, in addition to having to overcompensate to prove their masculinity. I have to deal with the allergy thing with my cats, no amount of vacuuming helps. However, people who come to visit know what they're getting into and this helps me maintain my hermitness.

Crims, sorry, didn't mean to offend. I know you've stated that before.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iconoclast- If you'd met Leroy Brown you would have a totally different
    view. This animal was given to us by a Peruvian nurse friend who found him starving in a ghetto and named him Leroy Brown. This animal had a personality and thought he was a person. All the neighborhood knew him. He'd go into any neighbors house and watch tv with them, Lie down in the middle of the street so cars would stop and people come out to play with him. He would stop soccer and football games for the same reason.
    My daughter thought I also needed a dog and gave me a Cocker Spaniel. Leroy insisted on his rights to the kitchen but the Cocker contested everything. One day Leroy left and adopted a German family a block away.
    We heard later the Germans went home and left the cat which we never saw again.
    We've had cats before and since but none as special as Leroy.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i dont hate them i just wouldnt ever own one maybe an outdoor cat.plus every cat i met they always bite me[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good martial arts instructors tell their students to study the cat. The cat is always relaxed, but ready to fight in an instant.
    My cat is one of the most courageous individuals I have ever seen. I have seen her sitting in the middle of the street when a big German shepherd came walking up the street. The cat just sat there. The dog came up, ready to kill. He stopped about 15 feet away, looking real puzzled because the cat wouldn't run. She sat there looking at the dog as if to say, "This is my section of road. Come and get it, and you better pack a lunch."
    The sheperd circled around the cat, whimpering, and kept a 15 foot distance while it wandered off.
    Think of the courage it takes to stand there when a predator 8 times bigger than you comes up, a predator that loves to attack your kind. My cat knew that before Bowser's fangs can bite, his nose must move into claw range, and she would shred that nose.
    I have to admire any creature that has that kind of courage.
  • alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i love cats but my wife doesn't, she gets hives and a runny nose. that's a pretty good reason to have a large dislike of cats. she says she doesn't hate them though.

www.alaskancampfire.com
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,466 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing cats have going that dogs do not, is that if you are a cat hater, Interstatepawn and I will be on your case. Don't stop looking over your shoulder if you do nasty things to cats.

He Dog
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, my allergies are the dander not the hair, but the hair gets in my nose and makes it run (not to mention tickle). Rabbit hair (or is it rabbit hare [;)]) is even worse.
    For reasons of my allergies, combined with shedding, I don't like house pets of any kind (except fish) but like the same pets outdoors.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    One thing cats have going that dogs do not, is that if you are a cat hater, Interstatepawn and I will be on your case. Don't stop looking over your shoulder if you do nasty things to cats.

He Dog
    Amen Bruddah.[:)]

JC

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've never owned or liked cats in general; however, I had the privledge of being the fishing buddy of a White Tom. He never rubbed on my legs, jumped on my lap, or requested any attention. For more than 15 years he would just come and sit beside me on the dock and we'd share company, fish, and snakes (I'd give him fish & he'd bring me snakes). He was the only cat that ever earned my respect and admiration.
    Ben
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I've never owned or liked cats in general; however, I had the privledge of being the fishing buddy of a White Tom. He never rubbed on my legs, jumped on my lap, or requested any attention. For more than 15 years he would just come and sit beside me on the dock and we'd share company, fish, and snakes (I'd give him fish & he'd bring me snakes). He was the only cat that ever earned my respect and admiration.
    Ben

Ben, I hate to be the one to tell ya but you earned the respect and admiration of the cat.[8D]

JC

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have had many many cats over the years.
    One of my favorites was Squirrelly.
    His tail went straight up and curled forward like a squirrels.
    He was one BIG cat and ran the neighborhood.
    The bigger dogs would run from him.
    He would try to make babies with smaller and medium size dogs.
    That was a sight to see, wish I had a camera back then.

You could always tell if he did not like someone.
    He would walk right up and P on their leg/shoes.
    I sure liked that cat.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Gee, I was really hoping this post would reveal even more insecure, manipulating and controlling individuals.

You use the term "even more." Who are the ones already revealed? Did I miss something?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by benzapped
    quote:Gee, I was really hoping this post would reveal even more insecure, manipulating and controlling individuals.

You use the term "even more." Who are the ones already revealed? Did I miss something?
    You be your own judge.

JC

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    Currently, there are 7 cats living here.

Five indoors, two outdoors.

Generally, I like them.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love kittens but I cant stand full grown cats.I worked at a Animal Care Center for awhile while I was in school and I had the honor of bathing mostly all of the cats that came in there and the kittens did fine but the full grown cats DID NOT!I couldnt tell you how many tore me up.Ever since I havent cared much for full grown cats.
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just to clarify I don't personaly hate cats I just like to stroke people that do. I have had many feline pals and I am even presently looking for a cat for my German Shepard she recently lost her feline friend and a kitten would be god company for her.

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
    edited November -1
    Trusta, the full grown cats were either abandoned or feral. Naturally they would protest what they perceive as an insult to their dignity and an assault on their catsons. Kinda of like that first shower you might get if you were thrown into prison.[:)]

I hope anyone who looks for a pet or companion always thinks of going to the local shelter first. I have a cat who came from a shelter almost 12 years ago. When I walked into the cat room, she got my attention over some 25 or so other cats and made sure that I knew that she wanted out of there. Truth is I think she would have gone with anyone and she still makes me feel that I am honored by her presence.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't compare me to any cat !! My dislike for em' is as good as my dogs.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    Trusta, the full grown cats were either abandoned or feral. Naturally they would protest what they perceive as an insult to their dignity and an assault on their catsons. Kinda of like that first shower you might get if you were thrown into prison.[:)]

I hope anyone who looks for a pet or companion always thinks of going to the local shelter first. I have a cat who came from a shelter almost 12 years ago. When I walked into the cat room, she got my attention over some 25 or so other cats and made sure that I knew that she wanted out of there. Truth is I think she would have gone with anyone and she still makes me feel that I am honored by her presence.
    Woods this story is exactly how I adopted "Cleopatra" and yes she is quite the "royalty".[:D]

JC

• ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love them. They make great target practice.

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    used to dislike cats...probably just as independent as me....had a big male adopted...called him hairbag...came home one day with a big hole in neck that you could see trachae...layed on barrel while i stitched him up with curved suture needle & never quivered...used to talk to each other a
    lot ...he had girl friends a mile north & south...one day the neighbors barn burnt down and as the last boards were falling ole hairbag & friend came streaking out from under it all...they accused my cat of getting their barn so hot it caught fire.....he's gone now...miss him
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    v35, if you review my comments, I do mention "one exception," which was a good cat - smart and pleasant to have around. He went missing about the same way as Leroy - and I would have taken him in if I'd been offered the opportunity. There are good cats just as there are good people in Massholia . . . but in my experience, a vastly smaller percentage of the general population . . . . [}:)] The cat lovers can have their pets; just keep their d@mn claws and teeth out of my hide.

By this time in my life, I'm so hostile to cats that perhaps they can sense it and that triggers their attacks? If so, it would just mean they're too stupid to know I'll leave them alone if they leave me alone. [;)]

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)