In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who hates cats?

2»

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have more cats or should I just say that more cats live at my place than I can count. I have back porch cats, front porch cats and some cats that just mill around with strange glances. But I have no rats or mice.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Clair, you must be so very proud of your perceived sense of humor.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    My cat hates people who hate cats![}:)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love a good dog, I have a few and they are part of the family,
    I never liked cats but about a year ago we started to have a serious Mouse problem and Got a cat to deal with them, I must say the cat does earn its keep by doing a good job killing the mice. so i cant say i hate cats a cat is very useful to keep around the house.

use_deer.jpg
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    Clair, you must be so very proud of your perceived sense of humor.
    Woods, he is just a sick pup pining for negative attention.[V]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate cats, but I haven't shot one in years[:D][:D][:D]

I would like to have one cat in my house...A mounted bobcat.
  • Chaser11Chaser11 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trusta45
    I love kittens but I cant stand full grown cats.I worked at a Animal Care Center for awhile while I was in school and I had the honor of bathing mostly all of the cats that came in there and the kittens did fine but the full grown cats DID NOT!I couldnt tell you how many tore me up.Ever since I havent cared much for full grown cats.
    [8D] [8D] [8D]

HOW TO BATHE A CAT
    ===================

1. Thoroughly clean toilet.

2. Lift both lids and add shampoo.

3. Find and soothe cat as you carry him to bathroom.

4. In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids and
    stand on top, so cat cannot escape.

5. The cat will self agitate and produce ample suds.
    (Ignore ruckus from inside toilet, cat is enjoying this)

6. Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which
    is quite effective.

7. Have someone open outside door, stand as far from toilet as
    possible and quickly lift both lids.

8. Clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and outdoors,
    where he will air dry.

Sincerely,

The Dog [8D] [:D] [8D] [;)]

American used to Roar like Lions for Liberty- Now they Bleat like Sheep for Security.
    Always Remember Security without Liberty is called PRISON! -
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chaser11
    quote:Originally posted by trusta45
    I love kittens but I cant stand full grown cats.I worked at a Animal Care Center for awhile while I was in school and I had the honor of bathing mostly all of the cats that came in there and the kittens did fine but the full grown cats DID NOT!I couldnt tell you how many tore me up.Ever since I havent cared much for full grown cats.
    [8D] [8D] [8D]

HOW TO BATHE A CAT
    ===================

1. Thoroughly clean toilet.

2. Lift both lids and add shampoo.

3. Find and soothe cat as you carry him to bathroom.

4. In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids and
    stand on top, so cat cannot escape.

5. The cat will self agitate and produce ample suds.
    (Ignore ruckus from inside toilet, cat is enjoying this)

6. Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which
    is quite effective.

7. Have someone open outside door, stand as far from toilet as
    possible and quickly lift both lids.

8. Clean cat will rocket out of the toilet and outdoors,
    where he will air dry.

Sincerely,

The Dog [8D] [:D] [8D] [;)]

American used to Roar like Lions for Liberty- Now they Bleat like Sheep for Security.
    I have seen this posted several times and every time I laugh like a deranged banshee. Can't help but wonder if you would ever see your cat again after subjecting it too this indignity![:)]

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
    edited November -1
    [:(] [:(] [xx(] [:(!] OH! I don't hate cats they help with my low blood presure. I love stepping in cat S##t four days a week has such a special smell and stocking my fish pond for the whole dang bunch , and not being able to watch all the cotton tail rabbits I used to have in the back half acre,and they help save me a forture in bird seed money i no longer have to spend thanks to cats.wouldn't be so bad if now and again one would kill some of the moles and voles digging up my property rather than the rabbits. No i don't hate cats ,everytime I mow and see the baby rabbits with the heads chewed off, gee thats one I don't have to worry about mowing over. And as long as they keep using the windowshield of my 4 X 4 for a sliding board and dig in to stop on the hood i'll have nice shinny paint ...'till I have it all compounded away getting the scratches out. No I don't hate cats even though the owners don't need to license them as the dog owners must and can allow them to run free and destroy property at will. Dog owners arise you must buy a license and you can only allow your dog to run free legally during certain month for training (at least in Pa.) Gezz if we could only breed a hunting cat. when I moved here 25 yrs ago I had birds and rabbits and squirrel all over the place...now with new neighbors and the feline friends they have all gone (read killed) I don't hate cats, i read in the paper about a yr ago thier are Three (3) million feral cats in the USA (this don't count your tabby you turn out all nite) now if these 3 million each kill ,say four or five birds or wild life each week ..add it up. I've watched them kill full grown rabbits and stalk a phesant, I chased the cockbird away twice. No I don't hate cats, if they are kept as a pet indoors or nuetered on the farm, but there needs to be some new rules or some where down the road they will have to put a bounty on them to save the rest of the real wildlife. No I don't hate cat...[:(!]...Hate is such a strong word [:(!] Lets say I extremely dislike cats that are not maintained as pets...And putting a dish on the back porch don't cut it as a pet.., No I don't dislike cats. I had someone dump off 12 and I called every state agency to find out what could be done about 'em ...short of me trapping them and holding them or taking them to the shelter and ME PAYING THEM to take 'em no one had any answer, They say the good things in life are free...I used to believe that untill I found the one thing you can always find free are KITTENS [V] HAVE A NICE DAY [;)] I DON'T HATE CATS...[:(!]

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Chaser - you'll be thumped on by all the cat lovers on the board who don't believe THEIR animals should be restricted - just the dogs should.

All those cat lovers have convinced me that I, too, am now a cat lover.

Chaser - you are a horrible, terrible person, and you will probably go to hell if you continue with those impure thoughts.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Chaser - you'll be thumped on by all the cat lovers on the board who don't believe THEIR animals should be restricted - just the dogs should.

All those cat lovers have convinced me that I, too, am now a cat lover.

Chaser - you are a horrible, terrible person, and you will probably go to hell if you continue with those impure thoughts.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    [:D] [:D] Doug, your Right,But i don't hate cats..[:D][;)][}:)]

• WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LMAF at the how to wash a cat post. I do agreee that all cats should have to liescend just like dogs for one thing it would help return strays to the owners and make them liable for properety damage.

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Chaser, those cats that you don't hate are on to you and messing with your head. Unlike dogs, they are smart enough not to run in packs and destroy cattle. It's the subtle stuff that gets to you. Fact is many cats do not kill wildlife. If a cat is not shown how to hunt by its mother, it will be a very ineffective predator. I have a cat who is about 13, very smart and intuitive, but, she does not hunt or kill at all. Maybe she thinks she's too good for such mundane tasks, but, I just think she doesn't know how. Besides, I have it on good authority that most animals or birds that you see and suspect have been killed by a cat have commited suicide. That's right, SUICIDE BY CAT
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chaser 11 you do bring up a good point. Cats kill a lot of wildlife.
    A group in England did a study on this. I saw a one hour special on tv about it. They studied lots of cats and noted how many birds and chimpmunks etc they killed.
    Chaser has the numbers about right, one cat, even if it only goes outside a few hours a day, will kill 2 or 3 times a day. Multiply that times a million cats, it does have a serious impact on song birds and chipmunks.
    I like to let my cat outside, it makes her happy. But, I do wish she wouldn't kill so many little critters.