In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many of you are sitting there with dogs?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Chocolate Lab here.. How about everyone else?

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my dog is outside , where he belongs!

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is on his pillow ready for bed. Black Lab. Just let him out to do his business. New trick is to KNOCK at the back door to let him in. Don't know how much smarter he can get.
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Black Lab, he is roaming around the house getting into trouble im sure.

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I got a Golden Retriever here nursing a wound, see funny post on about page 4. I'll be buying a chocolate lab the next time my buddy has a litter.

Them ducks is wary.
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sis's best friend 'Hershey' is here by my feet. She is an aging Springer. Sure made my day when we arrived down here in Dodge and Hershey had a fit,, cause she was happy to see us![^]
    Back home,,'Sparky' our little poodle needs to be on my lap when I'm on the computer.

,,,[:)]sod

cyclone.gifdemandbeeftag.jpg
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is out in the kennel, he got too comfy in the house and started wrecking things, open the fridge door and get attacked, try to sit down and eat, get attacked, do anyting and get attacked, dog always has his nose up someones rear, too much attention for him and it will ruin him for hunting. as much as I love that dog I need to remember that he is a working dog and has a job to do. If I sissify him there goes the PKC hunts and * raining from the trees[V] Then I will have to have his nads cut off because now my prize Walker is no good for breeding and I will have to buy another working dog. So out in the kennel he goes, and yes he is warm!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I agree chevyman, by the way great name.... But as I was saying I agree with you on the outside dog thing, but we got us some 0 degree and lower weather thats been coming through here for the past two weeks and an 9 week pup!!! I gave in and he's in the rec room only...

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a little chihwoawhoa"sp", that since I got back in town will not let me out of her site. My german sheperd can't stand the site of me.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Roxy just came into the office from the reloading room. Roxy is a Border Collie. She has had a tough life so far! She turned 3 on 2/1/04 and has been a surrogate momma to ZEUS, whom the red headed onager neighbor killed! And a momma to DIXIE, the Bassett Hound that was Sarah's replacement for ZEUS who got run over in a freak accident! She thinks that she either has to be with Sarah or Daddy now! She will be with me until bedtime for Sarah and then she will go upstairs and sleep with her till time for Sarah to get on the schoolbus. Never had a dog in the house till this one! Her big fun thing outside is barking at and playing with her "deer buddies".....the 12-17 deer that always seem to be hanging around here! And if you start a 4-wheeler she's going to run with you wherever you go!!! GHD
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'am guilty of babying my outside dogs, if its cold outside they sleep in the laundry room. If its hot out during the summer any thing over say 95,ice water every day and one in the laundry roon and the other in my workshop afternoon, it has A/C and heat. The other 2 rat terrires house criters 7/24 and bad spoild wife did it.

psalms 16
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Daucshound...21 lbs and we are his pets as he owns the house. Since all of our kids are on their own or in college, he is our child. Last month he had a major growth under his neck and the Vet feared a cancerous lymph gland. My wife and I and our sons were devastated. Vet did a bunch of stuff, lots of med's and cut it quick. Now our little guy is 100%.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Bernese Mountain Dog "Eiger" is stretched out on the sofa; I'm on the floor with the laptop.
  • chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 Vizslas and they pretty much get their way, just like kids. I LOVE 'EM.

???
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the smartest dog and the dumbest dog in N.E. Kansas.
    This is the dumbest, but he's a lover and a man killing beast guard dog. He lets me sleep in his house.[^]

picture.JPG

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    American Pitbull Terrier here laying around doing nothing like usual.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, the gang's watching "Animal Planet" now.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    my buddy "trouble" half pitbull and golden retreiver. laying down next to my feet

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    standard.jpg

Not very flattering for either Abby or me.

BAD BAD ME....I know see Swwbo was still signed in instead of me.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep...four times.
    Australian Shepherd under my feet.
    Beagle on the couch.
    Sheltie and black Lab on the floor.
    Thankfully, all are well into their best trick....sleeping.

Mudge the dog lover

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't talk about my wife like that!

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just let my golden retreiver in. One spoiled dog.

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    Yellow Lab, Bassett hound, and a whodunit. All in the house, all the time, except when nature calls.

They all sleep in the bed with me and Dawnie.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. He's a goldenlabragermanchesapeakeretreiverpinscher. I bred him myself.
    bearlaying.jpg

10-X.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
    edited November -1
    H.S, you should be ashamed of yourself, breeding that dog, shame shame. Atleast you coulda got a sheep[V]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got my attack Westie, Casper right here. He follows me around unless he is outside on patrol. Ain't very big, but sounds like he weighs 90 pounds. He doen't know he isn't the biggest dog in town. [:)]

Parsons.gif
    0.jpg
    When they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is right here, where she belongs.

buffster.jpg

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    I couldn't help it. He's a product of precise breeding, and sub quality fences.

10-X.jpgFort_Smith.gif
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got four Jack Russel Terriers all on various parts of my bed. 3 females and one tired male. They have my bed warm for me, let me know someone is here before the doorbell, and are always my best buddies. Great dogs, for being little ones.

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offeror,
    Why the piece of tape on his/her leg?

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
    edited November -1
    Actually, I forgot to mention that three feet away in my bathroom is Shelby. A 20 inch tall Bennets wallaby(mini-kangaroo for the uninformed). I've got a lot of wierd animals here. I do exotic animal rescue as a hobby. I'll try and get some pics.

James

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    troop -- Just a scratch I cleaned up. Picture is a few months old; she's fine now. Thanks for asking.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    offeror, I gotta ask man, what is wrong with his face?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    KRAIKE!!! Got to see that wallaby mate!!!

10-X.jpgFort_Smith.gif
  • MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two Boxers sleeping on "their" couch, wore out from a full day of keeping me busy.

~ Give Blood - Play Hockey ~
  • sitkablacktailsitkablacktail Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two Choc Labs one under my feet and the other on the couch.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got my little chihuahua rat-dog laying here on the heat pad. Name is Gnat. Aside from getting beat up by squirrels she doesn't move during the winter -- just curls up on her warmer til Spring.
    edited November -1
    Someone else asked about my snakes also. I'll get the digital camera from the office tomorrow and post pics of all the snakes, the wallaby, and my herd of JRT's. Heck, I might even take some pics of my weapons, er, I mean guns.[:D]

James

• axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got my buddy Orson here...koolest little guy Ive known. Doestn let me outta his sight, protects the house, loves campin an fishin, and coolest of all hes learned to ride on the motorcycle.

orson
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    My black lab Heidi is out in the garage under a nice heat lamp. She ran about 3 miles today and then about 10 more in the sled I pull behind the snowmobile so she is drying out and catching some zzs.

She is allowed in the house when it it beastly cold out or when I get to feeling guilty about not spending enough time with her. She has the rug by the door.

I wish I could find the people in Buffalo NY that gave her to me. I owe that guy a pheasant hunt and I will die feeling guilty if he does not contact me.
    Traded me Heidi as a pup for a hunt, and then I lost contact with him. It was right at 9-11 and I think he had some health problems. Wish the guy could know what a champ she has turned out to be.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dog died, got a bird.

The gene pool needs chlorine.