In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I hate Dicks Sporting Goods

2»

Comments

• Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sig232
    Where is Dicks Sporting Goods located? Is this a southwestern chain or in the East. I don't see them on the Westcoast.
    So you're saying y'all are Dickless out there?

Sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up. [:D]
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ScharfSchutze
    quote:Oh well, we should be grateful someone cared enough about us to give us one in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful and all, its just I HATE GIFT CARDS! lol... I never find anything i want.. and they just seem so impersonal...

Would have been better if she just gave me the cash [:p]

Oh well... maybe in a month or something I will think of something there that i want.

you better check out there card policy. some cards charge the card for time they are unspent
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    We have SPORTS AUTHORITY here and every time I go there for something relating to shooting sports they dont have what I need. Their guns were at least 100 bucks higher than any dealer in town. But when you go to a store that sells pool tables, and all types of athletic clothes, and guns are just a sideline, well you know>[;)]
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Firearms ARE an afterthought at Dick's; I know; I used to work at the one that was going to be a Galyans in the Cleveland OH area. Notice no handguns? "We are a family frendly store and handguns don't fit the image"
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i do not really hate dicks but they are what they are.great for kids sports apparell and equipment. guns are a after thought you buy the sale items and clearence items. bought a model 7 in 04 120.00 cheaper than gander mountain did my own research because i figured there would be no knowledgable person behind counter.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Dick's usually has the cheapest price on Rem/UMC ammo, as well as Savage bolt action "package" guns, Marlin 336A w/scope, and Remington 710 "package" guns...

Not the stuf dreams are made of, but good for deer hunting from scratch on the cheap.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Rosie sez...
    I HATE DICKS!!!
    odonnell_1.jpg
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about where you live but I bought a rod and reel for my son at dick's it was 49.99 at wal mart 19.95 for same thing at dick's. They had .270 winchester ammo 150 grain 12.95 I think some of there stuff is cheap.
  • Options
    u2poweru2power Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ScharfSchutze
    For christmas my sister gave me a couple Dick's Sporting goods gift card...

unfortunitly I couldnt find much that i wanted... and everything I did want, i couldnt afford... I took a look at their gun Selection...

for instance... if i went down to the local gun shop, and found a rifle for $250... I saw the same rifle in Dicks for $598.... WHAAAA?????!!!!!

So i circled around the store and could find anything I wanted or could afford... So before i left i asked if i could just trade the cards for the $$$$. Of corse they said no.... which is funny, what do they have to loose? They already got their money from my sister....

Sigh.... this is why i hate gift card... and DICKS sporting goods..... $600 for a $250 rifle... WTH?

Just thought i'd blow off a little steam... thanks for tolerating me [:D][|)][:p]

t
    Try what I did with a dicks card. I asked a custumer to use my card for their purchase, at a lost of $20.00 for a $200.00 card. You are right about the high prices.
  • Options
    macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought myself a $50 gard at Giant Eagle for the fuel perks.. Bought 2 box remington 45acp and 2 boxes of 9mm.. And still have more than $10 lefton the card..I coulda bought another box of 45s.
    M
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Dicks. [;)]

The ones around here always have deals on shotguns and ammo.
    Saw an 12ga 870 Express for $217 a couple of weeks ago. Few years ago I went looking for a hunting barrel for my 870 Wingmaster, came home with a $75 single shot shotgun instead.