In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what commercial don't you like?

alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
there's that Quiz-whatever Sub with that singing mouse or whatever that i really don't like! that's so terrible it's funny.

www.alaskancampfire.com

Comments

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Alaskanman, my wife had been bothering me to pick-up some of those QUIZNO's subs for dinner, until she seen the commercial. Now, she refuses to eat a single one because that commercial is SOOOOOO annoying!!!! I'd have to agree, up to the point that if I'm really hungry, I'm still eating there [;)]

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was the "nation-wide" one that came to mind when I read this topic, man, it SUCKS!!!!! [:(!] We have some local commercials that drive me crazy too.

I'm going to write them right now and complain about it. I'm not sure which link to send it to - I think I'll send it to the one at the bottom (contact marketing/advertising through email).

http://www.quiznos.com/contact.asp

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    THOSE STUPID GEICO COMMERCIALS

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ADT commercial where the blonde grabs the kids and runs to the saferoom after the boogeyman breaks the window.

1 She don't have a gun!

2 Dad don't have a gun!

3 Boogeyman runs off!

How farfetched can one commercial get?
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Geico commercials most definately...

That Jeep comercial they showed for a couple days was stupid. It showed a deer strapped across the hood of a jeep then run away when it got out of the hunting area. It portrayed hunters very badly, that was the main reason it got * off air...

haven't seen Chevorlet do that so my choice of vehicle is still that same..

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    I hate those stupid Dr Pepper commercials that somehow try to link Buddy Holly with Dr Pepper. What the h#ll does Buddy Holly have to do with Dr Pepper?!!! [:(!] The guy is probably rolling over in his grave. -Toe
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do like the Gieco commercial where the squirrels are "high-fiving" each other after making the car avoid them. That's about all though.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I can't believe ya'll dont like the singing mouse Quiznos commercial! [:o]

It's a kind of humor that has come out a lot on the Internet. Super random humor. Like the most random humor you've ever known squared. The singing mice is one example.

The idea being, if you see something that is more utterly ridiculous than anything you've ever seen before, you can't help but laugh.

army_slblu.jpgpv2.gifInsignia_in.jpgairborne%20wings-2.jpgtogcrest.gif
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything with "rappers" jumping around in it. Three seconds and "CLICK". (That's how long it takes me to get the remote.)

Mudge the music lover

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say "Amen to that" Mudge ... the McDonalds, "Im lovin it" ones are like someone scratching a chalk board to me also. Just saw the Quizno "mouse ?" one last night ... hope not to see it to much more !

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Enzyte commercials, Geico commercials, and there are a couple more but I cannot remember what they are for....more coffee needed!!!

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All Paid Advertisements, or any commercial that last over 30 minutes long and has a fake audience in it that agrees with everything the knuckle head talking has to say.[:(!]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP!!!! I hated all of those stupid Bud commercials. True![:(]

Mad Dog
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    car dealers, they are the most annoying

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DITECH-DOT-COM, especially the one with the flashing red sign and the loud buzzer noise. They are buying huge blocks of advertising time and seem to be on endlessly -- sometimes almost twice in a row. What's the firm I'd NEVER get a loan from if my life depended on it? DITECH-DOT-COM! Add that to the fact that banks and CC companies are hoping you'll be dumb enough when you're desperate to exchange unsecured debt for secured debt in the form of a lien on your own home, and I find them the worst kind of ugly American.

I agree with Bullzeye in spirit though -- at first I didn't see the point with the Quizno commercial, but I finally decided it was hilarious, at least for a couple viewings. No doubt I'll be sick of it soon.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Friggin election time commercials or anything political are my least favotite.

I agree with a lot of you...those dam "I'm lovin' it" McDonalds and the DR. Pepper commercials irritate me to no end! WHAT'S WITH ALL THE RAP CRAP!!! More evidance that "the white man" is now the minority.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any and all commercials, but I have a special place on my "s#T list" for the commercials they run on DVD/Videos that I rent or in theaters where I pay a lot of money to watch the dancin popcorn, coming attractions, and the movie ... and that's it.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Verison Phone ad...the line...can you hear me now?..with that jerk that walks all over he((S half acre in a trench coat... i wonder what he says at elementary schools as he walks by..Can You see me now?..im ready to arrest him as a vagrant..if the phones and service are any good...he wouldnt need to ask in the first place,,what a duck weed!!![:D]

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any commercial with claymation type animation.

I hated those stupid stupid singing raisins back in the 80's and I don't like the cookie commercials they have now.

Yes, I know I have issues.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lowered my colestreol.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of them.

He Dog
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    All the medical ones. 9 times out of ten, they never even say what the freakin pill is for.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    most all of them
    The worst are local
    Personal Injury Lawyers

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.
    [Teddy Roosevelt]
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    THOSE GENITAL HERPES COMMERCIALS

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Here's a list:
    1) Anything with rap in it
    2) Geico, whose ads are past needing rotation
    3) Folks wanting to get me out of me credit card Hell
    4) Di-Tec, over-saturated
    5) That calf-voiced idiot selling the exercise strider
    6) I'm sure I'll wish I had a computer at home when I come up with
    more tonight.

Nick the Disgruntled
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    IT MUST BE ME!~

I can't believe that no one even mentioned the Dell computer commerical where a father and his children don stocking masks, kidnap and bind (with duck tape) an employee of a computer store to setup their computer!

What kind of message does this send to the idiots in our society who would think nothing of doing something like this because they saw it on TV.

Dell is teaching our children that kidnapping and false imprisonment are normal behavior.

So annoyed am I by this ridiculous commerical that I have written to the Klass Foundation, John Walsh and over the Copmail network, every PD in America, asking them to express their dis-pleasure with Dell.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch network tv anymore. I watch History or movie chanells and that is about it.

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif
  • FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any MCI commercial using an aging singer to try to make you feel emotional about your long distance service.

Truck commercials that advertise with country songs.

Car commercials that ruin perfectly good songs so that I cannot hear the song without thinking of the commercial.

Jacqueline
    www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate the one for the "male enhancement pill", that shows the guy with the stupid grin on his face, in a Japanese tearoom, negotiating with Japanese businessmen. It is full of snide comments with double meanings. "He is a stiff negotiator." Please![:I]

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got to be that stupid Quizno's Subs commercial. What is point to the singing mice. First thing that came to my mind was a place to eat that has rats.

"Have a gun that works every time. All skill is in vein when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
    Raleigh.gif
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're both "up to here" with the "male enhancement" and the "impotence" commercials. I don't care what Mike Ditka uses.
    There's even one for impotence medication that has a RHINO as it's logo. [:(]
    Can bear bladders and cobra venom be far behind. This is getting as bad as the orient where everything in the animal world is some sort of aphrodesiac.

Mudge the disgusted

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Another one I cannot stomach is the Axe cologne for men commercials...

The latest one is another exercise in the assinine...

Cant remember how it starts off, but ends up with a girl sucking her finger, an old man about 70 laying on the bed with her above him.....just shows his face with a mile wide grin, then a head stone with his pic on it...then shows two worms coming up from the grave forming a heart....so totally stupid...

Its just the way its done...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lead
    I hate the one for the "male enhancement pill", that shows the guy with the stupid grin on his face, in a Japanese tearoom, negotiating with Japanese businessmen. It is full of snide comments with double meanings. "He is a stiff negotiator." Please![:I]

Don't think I've seen that one but the one where he dives in the swimming pool is the worst I have ever seen. How can they get all upset with Janet Jackson & allow this garbage to be run?
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Oh, let me add one more I hate! Those friggin ORBITZ commercials have the creepiest looking characters. Looks like CHUCKY the killer![}:)]
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathew LESKO, the man in the suit covered in ???? Screaming at you to buy his book, so you can learn how to rip off Goverment Freebies.A local radio station is taking pledges to pay a hit man to strangle the snot out of him.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANY pharmaceutical commercial but the one I really can't bear(right now)is the BMW SUV commercial with the mini-flying super heros flyin beside each tire.[:(!]
    Miller lite commercials...cause Miller lite sucks!

Muggster
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ricola
    Swifter
    Cambels soup
    MCI
    Snuggle laundry soap
    Dennys

gun.gif
    "Those who live by the sword get shot
    by those who don't." [:D]
    [img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Them *** **** Mc Donalds rappin' piece of garbage commercials . If I couldn't mute them out I would shoot the T.V.

Next one is the Credit card commercial where they buy everything and it is fraud.. Just wanna strangle the crook.
  • FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know those male impotence commercials that have this guy walking through his office, and people say things like "Hi Bob. Did you get a haircut?" and "Is that a new suit?" Here's a good idea for such a commercial (from competentone):

Have a guy walking around with a really obvious, large bulge in his pants with people asking him those same questions.

Jacqueline
    www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the singing mice for Quizno's commercial for the first time last night,twice! You're right, it's terrible! The owner must have had his 5 year old kid write it. Sounds like the kid was singing in it too.[xx(]

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.