In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Going Away Give Away.

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
After reading the remarks to the "Black History Month" post I have decided to quit the forum. I watched "Bowling for Columbine" today and it discussed the perception of NRA being the new KKK. With remarks like these it is no wonder where they get the idea. I think that perception will cost us our gun rights. I love my guns and do not want to be part of something that may promote their early demise.

I have enjoyed the Forum. A lot of great people on here. It is the 10% that ruin it for me. It is not worth the anger I feel when I read their post so I will limit myself to the experts forum and auction site.

Before I leave I have one last giveaway. Both are items I won on this forum. They are the following.

1. An ANZI knife.

2. Whitetail hunting video.

So long and good luck to all.

Mad Dog

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis, I can't believe you'd watch Bowling for Columbine. That is one of the most left-wing anti-gun movie out there.
    I hate to see you go, but I can understand. If you do leave, be safe and have a good one. [:)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Travis, two words. "THICKER SKIN"

the folks here are like the rest of society, a broad spectrum of social, economic, ehtnic, political and religious backgrounds. With a group as diverse as this if you only get disgusted with 10% of the posters you are doing better then me.
    By the way I wasnt to pleased with some of the posts on that thread either.

Do what you need to do but to giveaway something you won on this board seems to me a little bit ungrateful, if you didnt want the item why did you enter the giveaway?

JuJu(slam away buts thats how I see it)
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bambi, I did not even know anything about the movie until I kept reading about it here, so I watched to see what the fuss was about (watched 1/2 the movie anyway). Was not enough to make me denounce my guns. Was just enough to make me not bowl.[:D]

Mad Dog
    edited November -1
    Juju, my skin is thick but my rage over these comments run even deeper. My grandfather and his uncle were both killed by racist. I do not hate whites for it. I hate racism.

As for the items, One was the rifle raffle and I won the knife. I already have a very big custom collection and it would be better served for someone else who could use it. As for the video. I loved it. It made me laugh with all the whispering after they shoot the deer (don't wake the dead).[;)] Once again it would be better served for someone else to get to watch it.

SO do you want in[?]

Mad Dog
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:SO do you want in

Travis, thanks but I rarely enter the giveaways. I get more enjoyment having my own giveaways.

If thats the knife from jjmitchell60, its a sweetie and will make someone very happy.

JuJu(who wishes you would stick around, we can always use another voice of reason)
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Travis Hallam
    After reading the remarks to the "Black History Month" post I have decided to quit the forum. I watched "Bowling for Columbine" today and it discussed the perception of NRA being the new KKK. With remarks like these it is no wonder where they get the idea. I think that perception will cost us our gun rights. I love my guns and do not want to be part of something that may promote their early demise.

I have enjoyed the Forum. A lot of great people on here. It is the 10% that ruin it for me. It is not worth the anger I feel when I read their post so I will limit myself to the experts forum and auction site.

Before I leave I have one last giveaway. Both are items I won on this forum. They are the following.

1. An ANZI knife.

2. Whitetail hunting video.

So long and good luck to all.

Mad Dog

YOU SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE BOARD FOR THIS TRAVIS[:0][B)]

use_deer.jpg
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I can use the knife, and steer you to other, more liberal gun forums where several moderators keep things proper (in that respect.

R/

Jim
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Travis: Would your grandfather and uncle want you to do this?? I think not!!! Hold your ground, pay no attention to these people, there just troublemakers, and your gonna find them everywhere! Yeah ya might find another forum that won't allow that crap, but it won't have some of us good guys that are staying here!!! Stickaround!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis- I didn't even bother reading that thread, I could tell from the title it was going to get me spun up. I'm sorry to hear that one thread had that big of an effect on you, I sure like having you around the board, and I hope you'll relax a little watch the video again, and reconsider.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
    edited November -1
    I avoided it as well, but after reading Travis's post I checked it out, now I know why I avoided it!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Yep let the 10% run you off. Where would we be if everyone thought this way?
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whoa, I posted the thread. I read some "interesting" comments. I haven't seen the movie. On the thread: Airelle posted great. I have had my wonder about her since she has been on the forum. Not now. Some posted nasty, their choice. I have posted harsh on some threads. My choice. It is also your choice to stay or go. If someone offended you that is life. Get used to it. One cannot ever , I repeat ever get their way all the time. Best of luck whichever way you choose.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been mad enough to leave a few times and even asked to leave because of some of my stubborn views and short temper when defending them but I'm still here!

I didn't participate in that thread but I'll say this, some of the comments was a little on the rough side but some was humorous.

As far as racist comments goes, we can talk smack about the rag heads, Mexicans, Peurto Ricans and a bunch of others and hardly a word in their defense is raised. We bust on southeners, some of the busts are pretty degrading, we bust on yankees, again gets pretty rough sometimes AND NOBODY GETS MAD! But as soon as someone makes a funny on blacks lots of people get insulted, why is that?

We can say something like, How do we know the toothbrush was invented in the south? because if it was invented in the north it would be called a teethbrush. If a man from Alabama gets a divorce, is his ex still considered his sister? websites that stereotype southeners as trailer trash calling them all inbred toothless dirty slobs and we laugh! But ask how to keep a black kid from jumping on the bed(put velcro on the ceiling) and everyone gets offended! We can poke fun on everyone except blacks!

I think the thing that irks alot of the whites is the blacks want to be considered equal and there is nothing wrong with that, except there are many of them who wish to prove how different they are and demand above average protection from discrimination. In some ways the race card has been turned and whites are the victims now but if whitey complains he is the bad guy.

I have nothing against blacks, as far as I'm concerned the black race has just as much right to the American dream as whites. They have spilled the blood in the wars, they have poured sweat into building this coutry right along with whites and they deserve a piece of the pie! But on some issues they need to lighten up, if we whites can take picking then so should they! If it is acceptable to label yankees as fags and southeners as sheep humpers then it is ok to tease blacks about fried chicken and watermelon!

A couple of those comments in the other thread also hit some truth, I won't mention the topic but instead of making fun of it maybe we should understand why the comments are there to be made. teasing about silly things such as watermelons is one thing but to tease them about something that is wrong and should be changed is another.

Am I rambling again? Sorry.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    What you mean then is, I will let a few out of many dictate to me where I will go, what I will do, and how I will conduct myself.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Travis, I hate to see you go. Take a break and think about it when you're not so steamed. Then decide what to do. Take care, Kurt

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    I don't see where there was anything to get streamed about , jokes are jokes nothing more , until people quit thinking with the color of their skin first nothing will change .
    if you would laugh at any of the other race type jokes that are out there and can't laugh at a black one them you have a problem ,

7mm great post !!!!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Travis,

I have found in my life that there are a lot of closet racists in this world. You don't really know until someone starts the subject, then they jump in. The issue is, it's on all sides in all races. Many others are not racists, but want to join in the conversation and will spew the same racists remarks they have seen or heard the others spew so as to be seen as one of the crowd.

While I do have issues with special privileges such as affirmative action, I don't have issues with the color of someone's skin. I like the idea of equality. If you leave, you will only help tilt the balance in their favor. I hope you will consider that before you stop posting.

Regards,

Danny

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well put 7mm

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're letting 10% of the people here---people who have no other power to influence your life, other than by expressing an opinion---offend you to the point of leaving because you don't like what they say.

Okay.

Yet you're willing to put up a fuss and not back down when 50% of the politicians in Washington say equally offensive things regarding the restriction or abolition of your gun rights?

It's like seeing a guy who's willing to fight an entire eleven-man football team--all at the same time---backing down from a single drunk in a parking lot. Seems odd to me, is all.

Oh, well. Do whither what thou wilt. You're the captain of your own destiny.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the end you will do what is right for you. I for one have valued having you here, and would not trade that for parting gifts.

He Dog
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are sure you want to giveaway what you have won put me down for the knife I collect them and it would be a welcome gift.But I am sorry to see you go.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    If all men are created equal then why should anyone get preferential treatment/acknowledgement/compensations ect ect based souly on the color of their skin. My take is this, this is just one of the many obstacles that our government generates to insure the absense of domestic tranquility. The government places these obstacles into our society to keep us busy arguing and fighting amoungst ourselves in order to keep us from unifying and focusing on the issues that we should truly be concerned with. Issues like taxing the American people and sending their hard earned and "stolen" money to other countries, even ones who hate us, without any consent from the citizenry. Issues like our government ratifying trade agreements with countries that cause a mass exodus of our jobs. Issues like our governments unwillingness to address the massive influx of illegal aliens and policing our borders. Issues such as a government that is out of control, no longer for or by the people and politicians whos only interests are for how well they can line their own pockets. Look at it this way, if you were in a foxhole and the fooey hit the fan and you had someone from another race there beside you and you were relying on him to save your butt, would you care what color they were? I doubt it...

As for weather you stay or go, its your choice obviously but if you let that little bit of ribbing get to you, you'd sure be in a pickle if you was a West Virginian. You'd probably go apefooey and kill someone with all the stereotypes and classless comments people make about the people of WV. Good luck anyway, hope your hyde gets thicker/tougher as you grow up.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Travis:

If you let the 10% rule by quiting you are giving up. This is not what we need in our society today. We need and want people who are willing to stand for what they believe in. Hang in there and be one of those that walk the walk. my 2 cents. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I hate to see anyone leave. I like to read everyone's opinions and decide for myself. Please include me in the knife drawing. Thanks, Pearyw
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Travis - Stay the course, man.
    I agree with He Dog that parting gifts do no equal the value of having your contributions on the thread. If you go on with the giveaway, please include my name for the knife ...if you decide to stay. Thanks.
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, I don't want either one. Let him go, trying to save a sinking ship make you sink too. Lost cause, move on, I have.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis,
    DON'T GO
    the hardest job I have had is getting new mwmbers to come out to our range and learn about the shooting sports.
    We now have members from all walks of life and they get along just great don't always agree but they still all show up at the range to shot. I live in the south and the first black member was a surprise to some but it has all worked out.
    Do not put my name in your give- a- way just keep them and stay .
    Ron
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis,

Honestly, I usually disagree with you and sometimes find you irksome (I suspect the reciprocal is also true), but that doesn't mean I would like to see you leave. Over the time I've been here, I've seen a lot - on both sides of many issues - with which I disagree. The choice to argue or ignore is up to the individual. On religious and political (and the thread in question surely is the latter) issues, I often keep my distance because most represent a clash of opinions and most of those participating - including myself - are convinced of the righteousness of their views. Probably there are some racists on this forum, if only lurking and some of the responses on that thread were highly opinionated (being diplomatic here). Taking your ball and going home makes you the loser, not those who offended you. It is impossible to be involved in such a undefined microcosm of society and not encounter something / someone who does. Just like the real world.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7mm nut
    I have been mad enough to leave a few times and even asked to leave because of some of my stubborn views and short temper when defending them but I'm still here!

I didn't participate in that thread but I'll say this, some of the comments was a little on the rough side but some was humorous.

As far as racist comments goes, we can talk smack about the rag heads, Mexicans, Peurto Ricans and a bunch of others and hardly a word in their defense is raised. We bust on southeners, some of the busts are pretty degrading, we bust on yankees, again gets pretty rough sometimes AND NOBODY GETS MAD! But as soon as someone makes a funny on blacks lots of people get insulted, why is that?

We can say something like, How do we know the toothbrush was invented in the south? because if it was invented in the north it would be called a teethbrush. If a man from Alabama gets a divorce, is his ex still considered his sister? websites that stereotype southeners as trailer trash calling them all inbred toothless dirty slobs and we laugh! But ask how to keep a black kid from jumping on the bed(put velcro on the ceiling) and everyone gets offended! We can poke fun on everyone except blacks!

I think the thing that irks alot of the whites is the blacks want to be considered equal and there is nothing wrong with that, except there are many of them who wish to prove how different they are and demand above average protection from discrimination. In some ways the race card has been turned and whites are the victims now but if whitey complains he is the bad guy.

I have nothing against blacks, as far as I'm concerned the black race has just as much right to the American dream as whites. They have spilled the blood in the wars, they have poured sweat into building this coutry right along with whites and they deserve a piece of the pie! But on some issues they need to lighten up, if we whites can take picking then so should they! If it is acceptable to label yankees as fags and southeners as sheep humpers then it is ok to tease blacks about fried chicken and watermelon!

A couple of those comments in the other thread also hit some truth, I won't mention the topic but instead of making fun of it maybe we should understand why the comments are there to be made. teasing about silly things such as watermelons is one thing but to tease them about something that is wrong and should be changed is another.

Am I rambling again? Sorry.

Very well put, I completely agree.

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did not post on the other thread. I do not wish for people to leave.(Although I have asked some on this forum why it was that they stayed) I thought that this was a colorless forum until TH posted. Maybe I am just that way. the reply from 7mm was right on target. I have been joked on and even joke on myself. Doesnt make it right but get a LIFE.
    I have heard some very durogatory remarks about blacks and it is laughed at because it comes from other blacks. If your own people can talk to you that way and you laugh or at the very least say nothing then how in good conscience can you act offended by some of the comments on the other post?
    Also, letting 10% of the people make you make decisions that drastic as leaving, that just makes you like the politictions who cow down to the likes of the ACLU. Just my opinion, Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    7mm nut: I have read the other post bashing others and I have been upset with those also.

As for making black jokes. There is a line where the intent of the joke is not to be funny but to be hurtful. I love jokes and enjoy black jokes also as long as the intent is humor. Watermelon jokes and other blatent racist remarks are not jokes to me. They are insults.

I can deal with political debates and difference of opinions. But racism to me is a hot issue. I am the only non white in a department of 20 people. Despite being one of the best workers and having the longest years of service, I was given by far the lowest raise and had been held back repeatedly for promotion. When I finally complained, EVERYONE on my crew agreed I was being treated unfairly. Management refused to listen to any of them and stuck to the flat out lies my supervisor accused me of. After 4 levels of appeal they finally agreed to meet with my coworkers. I was then given my raise (albeit still a few pennies short). Like I said before I don't hate my co workers because they are white, I love them and they saved my bacon. I hate the racism against me being for being a few shades darker. I hate racism period.

As for reverse discrimination as you mentioned I agree with you. My adopted father (who raised me) is white and was unable to maintain his job teaching at Rutgers because of affirmative action. It sucks. But maybe it is a needed evil to help get the disproportionate number of minorities off of welfare. Maybe it does not work and should be trashed. There are pros and cons to it. In theory it should work, in reality it probably does not. I don't mind discussing it but when the name calling starts I get fed up.

Anyway, thanks to all who who asked me to stay. Maybe I will take a break and go away just for awhile. Either way I have wanted to do this raffle (was just waiting for the 1000 post). SO PLEASE ENTER!!

DRAWING WILL BE MARCH 1st. And it is the jjmitchell knife (nice).

Mad Dog
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Travis, please don't leave.

I wish I had said what 7MM and 4God&Country did.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis -- I'll probably rent it someday but I have no illusions that I will like it or take it seriously. In fact I may have to cover my big TV screen with a pane of glass that day because I'll surely be throwing snack food at the screen. But then that will be half the fun.

As for leaving, as long as you are pro-gun, why not stay here and drive out the 10%. They're bound to run afoul of the permanent poof someday. Meanwhile, I WANT THAT ANZI KNIFE! I'll keep it for ya until you change your mind.... Honest. [;)]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:As for weather you stay or go, its your choice obviously but if you let that little bit of ribbing get to you, you'd sure be in a pickle if you was a West Virginian. You'd probably go apefooey and kill someone with all the stereotypes and classless comments people make about the people of WV. Good luck anyway, hope your hyde gets thicker/tougher as you grow up.

That reminds me did ya hear the one about how to circumsize a WVA Male?? Ahhh Oh never mind I better not!!!! [:D]

My first wife was from West Va., Those hoopies down there are good people, I went to college down there, it's a beautiful state!! Just ribbin ya a bit!!![^]
    Pa.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    I did not post on the other thread. I do not wish for people to leave.(Although I have asked some on this forum why it was that they stayed) I thought that this was a colorless forum until TH posted. Maybe I am just that way. the reply from 7mm was right on target. I have been joked on and even joke on myself. Doesnt make it right but get a LIFE.
    I have heard some very durogatory remarks about blacks and it is laughed at because it comes from other blacks. If your own people can talk to you that way and you laugh or at the very least say nothing then how in good conscience can you act offended by some of the comments on the other post?
    Also, letting 10% of the people make you make decisions that drastic as leaving, that just makes you like the politictions who cow down to the likes of the ACLU. Just my opinion, Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"

When a Black person degrades another black person or people it is in effect bringing them all to the same social level. When a white person says the same thing it is in effect placing them on a different social level. To illustrate the obvious: A black man calling another black man a * is in effect calling himself the same thing, therefore they are both on the same level; however,that is why a white man cannot use the word, cause he is not degrading himself in any way, just the black man.
    Travis, I'm sorry those others offended you. You will be missed.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis, I don't care if you are white, black, pink, red, purple, shartruse, green or whatever. We share a common interest here, a love for guns and shooting and color has no boundries here.

Humor is a great healer, if we cannot laugh at ourselves sometimes the we have problems, ever hear the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"? All the hillbilly redneck jokes that float around here, I should be offended but I am not. Me and my redheaded hilbilly wife spent alot of time in an old trailer, trailer trash. I drive old pickup trucks, currently drive a 1987 Chevy 4X4, my cadillac! My wife drives an older S10 Blazer, her caddy. I got a deer head on my wall, whole squirrels in the freezer wating to go to the taxidermist and a coyote to finish the theme mount I want. I have a rebel flag tattooed on my arm and it don't mean what you think it does folks! If you look in my pickup you will find ammo all over the place and atleast two guns in there. I live in town now and have * hounds outside in a kennel! They howl and upset the nieghbors, tough poopoo. I dropped out of high school, watch my spelling, it shows! On a friday night I would rather go * hunting then hang out with friends or family. I listen to hard rock, AC/DC and Ozzy. I'm missing a few teeth in the front and you know what, tough! My hair is falling out, ohh well life goes on! My mother in law lives in a trailer and weighs 300#s, no joke. I drive tractor trailer for a living, guess what, I make more money than alot of the people I went to school with so shove that piece of paper! What do I care about? My family and being free, and having enough money and the ability to buy the guns I like. I live a simple life, aint got time for the rest fo the world and I wish it would stay away from here!(all except for the cable internet I'm gettin[:D])

What am I???? I'm a toothless trailer trashin hillbilly REDNECK!! And everybody makes fun of me! So what, I'll laugh right with them, infact I'll even supply some of the jokes! Wanna meet my sister?

Lighten up dude, they aint nothin but jokes and that is all they are intended to be. Biggest thing I saw in that thread that wasnt cool was the cops comment, it shouldnt be that way but on the other hand how many broke down pieces of white trash is on that show? Quite a few!

you can joke about rednecks all you want, man I can take it and again, I'll laugh right along with you because I am secure enough about who I am not to let that bother me. Now you go bustin on me about a Harley or Knockin Bush we may tangle some but that is another story!

If jokes about watermelons offends you them I am sure most here will watch their mouths. Now that ebonics thing, you gotta admit, the format of it is funny. hey, look at the post Mudge put up about those from Pittsburg, I live 2 hours from there and folks here talk like that, white ebonics due! Comon tell some jokes, if we step over the line tell us but man don't walk away from us. We need you with us, no matter what color you are!

Peace Bro!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Travis,
    There are a few mean vicious people here but most are good. The mean ones probably aren't racist, but if they can hurt another person of any race, they will. You have seen it. There are those that use the made up names to cover their mob mentality and further their agenda.
    Take the break, then come back in a while.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You leave, you loose, they win. Your choice.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Travis, I am not going to ask you to stay or go because it is your decision as a man to make on your own. I will say if you decide to leave do so for the right reasons and not because some might be racist. Would your father or grandfather want you to leave due to some remarks that can be concidered racist? Racist people are that way because of ignorance. They are Ignorant of what contributions people of other races have done for this country. They were taught that only WASPs(White Anglo Saxon Prostants) created this country and fought for it to be a free country. It is not their fault if they were not taught. If they were taught then it would be stupidity. A professor of mine in college once told me that ignorance is not being taught about something where as stupidity is being taught but not useing what you were taught wisely. Rather than leave this forum, teach others that are ignorant of your race. Make a contribution by passing on knowledge. That is what I would do IMHO. I will not leave because I am too old, too fat, and too lazy to run. Reckon all is left is to stay and put up the good fight. I will say this, for those of this board that do not know just how important black people were in forming this free country, I can suggest some books and names for you to research. All of you that live west of the Mississippi River should thank Toussaint L'Ouverture who was a black, educated slave that led a slave revolt in Haiti in the late 1790s. If not for him, you might very well be speaking French today! What ever you do Travis, good luck! Just my 2 cents worth!

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mmnut your my kind of folks heck there are not many who I can really say are a pain the the butt. Travis hang in there.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif