In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fired for buying a Harley

2»

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:

Originally posted by targetshootr[/i]
    That's where I land but it doesn't work the way it should. Once a guy stole a bunch of stuff off a truck and I later learned from the Dept of Labor you can't deduct it from his check. You have to have them arrested and go to court and any decent thief knows it's not worth your time if it's under a grand.

Like many things, the not being able to deduct the theft from the guy's paycheck is not as unfair as it seems. If it was commonly accepted that an employer could just up and deduct things like "theft" from an employee's paycheck, and the employer was the one who would make the determination of what was and was not theft and therefore to be deducted from the employees check, can't you imagine how often supposed "thefts" (real or imagined) would be deducted from the employees paycheck? As well as deductions for honest mistakes, accidental breakage, etc., etc.

The hourly employee knows they are only going to get their hourly wage . The business owner might get lucky and have a really good business and become wealthy (like Bill Gates). So if the employer thinks the hourly employee "owes" that employer money for ANY REASON, it would be unfair and open up the potential for unlimited abuse if the employer was just allowed to up and dip into the employees paycheck.

Let the employer file police charges and/or take the employee to court and let a judge make a (hopefull) fair and honest decision on the matter.

Don't let ANY employer be arresting offider, judge, jury and prosecutor over an employee or that employee's paycheck.

JMHO

4lizad
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The man should be able to own any brand bike he wants. Pulling up to work at a Yamaha dealer in a Harley is not good judgment.

When I worked at Allison Gas Turbine in Indy anyone who had a reserved parking place (you can bet this didn't apply to old Jeff) had to park a GM product. Just the way it was.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I wonder how the Chrysler plant would feel if you were driving a Mercades Benz to their parking lot.