In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what was the best fish you've had?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ahh... the end result of a successful piscatorial pursuit...[:D][^]

Grilled White Sturgeon is my favorite, closely followed by a batch of fish-n-chips made from fresh Lingcod, and then grilled Halibut.

As for Salmon, it is impossible to beat a nice Sockeye cooked over an Alder fire. Silver Salmon (Coho) is the next best thing to Sockeye. If you are going to smoke your salmon, Chinook (King) salmon is the best (real fatty/oily).

As for the trout, native cutthroat are superb when cooked in the frying pan, but a Steelhead is real good too.

Fresh grilled Tuna is also very good... and it tastes nothing like canned tuna for those of you who have not had the opportunity to sample it yet.

Actually, there are very few types of fish that are not scrumptcious when properly prepared (MUST be fresh).

All this talk of fish has made me hungry! I guess I will have to plan my next piscatory adventure real soon[8D]

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Halibut cheeks or beer-battered perch

Clouder..
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Fresh caught Mahi Mahi (sp)

Anything Fresh caught is 200% better than store bought.

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.
  • Options
    cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]I don't think it would be right to say the name on here[:D][:D] eveyone would want a piece.
  • Options
    stevemmstevemm Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been working in the Bahamas for the last year or so and you can buy fish there cheaper than burger here.

My favorites are hog snapper, grouper cheeks, and some of the smaller reef sharks.

You can't beat fresh conch either.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Orca44mag:
    One word...Walleye.

There is truly NONE better!!!
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Swwbo
    FrancF me too...Had some the last time I was in FL... As a child my grandfather would smoke them..

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I HAD IT! FROM GOOD OLD GRANDPA!!!!! He lived in Engalwood Fla. Too funny! [:D] He is the one that intraduced it to me.
    [:D][:D][:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    You can not beat a 2-5 pound channel catfish. No way, no how! After that I would have to say that I ate a raw carp in China that you dip in a hour radish sauce then in a soy sauce that was excellent also. I also like crapie, trout, and bass.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • Options
    trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Catfish plain and simple.Flounder,Orange Ruffy and Tolapia are pretty good too even if I didnt spell them right.Catfish is the king though.

"A gun is as good or bad as the man using it"
    -Shane-
  • Options
    270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    ahh... the end result of a successful piscatorial pursuit...[:D][^]

Grilled White Sturgeon is my favorite, closely followed by a batch of fish-n-chips made from fresh Lingcod, and then grilled Halibut.

As for Salmon, it is impossible to beat a nice Sockeye cooked over an Alder fire. Silver Salmon (Coho) is the next best thing to Sockeye. If you are going to smoke your salmon, Chinook (King) salmon is the best (real fatty/oily).

As for the trout, native cutthroat are superb when cooked in the frying pan, but a Steelhead is real good too.

Fresh grilled Tuna is also very good... and it tastes nothing like canned tuna for those of you who have not had the opportunity to sample it yet.

Actually, there are very few types of fish that are not scrumptcious when properly prepared (MUST be fresh).

All this talk of fish has made me hungry! I guess I will have to plan my next piscatory adventure real soon[8D]

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!

EWWWWWWWW Steelhead! I'll sell steelhead for 1/4 of the price in you stores?

"A blood trail is life" (Ted Nugent)
    turkey.gif
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have a three way tie.
    #1 rainbow trout
    #1 blue catfish
    #1 bluegill

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    JEPJEP Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About any will do. But if I have to pick it's fried catfish in the backyard with the posse , wives and kids and a tub of Little Kings on ice. This may not be heaven but it's a stopover on the way.

Edward Payne
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perch caught through 3 1/2 feet of ice in stock dam [:D]

Highmore.gif
  • Options
    H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mahi-mahi

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • Options
    toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    1. Bluegills
    2. Walleyes
    3. Crappies

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif