In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fellow Viet Nam Vets. Check this out.

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
At http://www.foxnews.com
about half way down on the right side is this poll,

Jane Fonda went to North Vietnam more than 30 years ago and put on a North Vietnamese helmet. She has since apologized. Should we:

Keep reminding everyone of this?

Get over it?

I don't care

I never heard of this

I voted, thought some of you would want to do the same.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif

Comments

• 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    quote:Keep reminding everyone of this?
    Forever and ever.

I have no use for the Zipperhead lover

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Notice that they didn't put in "accept the apology"

So I guess I'm stuck with choice 1 and for all my brothers out there, she will always be "Number 1" in my book!

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Jody CommanderJody Commander Member Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If....she had just put on the helmet and not run her mouth and performed actions defined as treasonous, I would say fine, accept the apology and move on, we all do dumb things in our youth, BUT....she committed treason,fomented revolution and other crimes against the nation and it's soldiers since.....I say never forget and never forgive!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    She used her freedom of speach I deserve nothing less. She was not a young teenager when this happned. She was an adult and knew what she was doing and wanted to do it. She had for-thought and malace in her actions.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    I don't know why she captures so much attention--she's scum in my book.[:(]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I have always said that Jane Fonda should be stripped of citizenship and deported to North Vietnam.I still haven't changed my mind.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    30 years ago I wouldn't have minded stripping her!!![:p]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure she has really made a sincere apology. If so, I can forgive
    her. But she's still a flaming LIBERAL!!

Bruce
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Come on now Pa,be honest.You still would.
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my mind, there are many actions by an individual that can and has been forgiven; but not always forgotten. This particular action, occurring while a grunt in the bush, is not forgiven or forgotten; perhaps, it should have been; it ain't.[V]
    Oh yeah, I voted, keep reminding.

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Forget/forgive....How many ways can you say HELL NO.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saying she went to NV and put on a helmet is a bit of an understatement. She also posed sighting down an NVA anti-aircraft gun with her grinning hosts. While there she also made several public statements condemning US troops, including saying that American aircrews were committing criminal acts against the NV people and deserved to die for their actions.

As a former member of a B52 Wing (7th BW), I view these acts as aiding the enemy.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At last glance 66% thought that "keep reminding" was the way to go.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a loy of us will not forget, but didnt a man named john kerry go with her? not my idea of presidential material.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Never forgive, never forget. She's a slunt.

Do you guys like the word I invented?

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Refresh my memory if I'm wrong but what I heard her say was that she should never have had her picture taken on the ack ack gun. I don't remember her asking for all the men who served over there to forgive her. I can forgive about anything when the person asked forgiveness and I think they are sincere--not just trying to wiggle off the hook. Anyone who starts out by saying I may have been wrong aren't repenting--they are evading.
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Never forgive, never forget. She's a slunt.

Do you guys like the word I invented?

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911

It's awesometacularicious

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instead of going to Vietnam, she should have joined the Texas Air National Guard.
    edited November -1
    TXS: Were you and your outfit involved with the Christmas Hanoi raid?

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    Instead of going to Vietnam, she should have joined the Texas Air National Guard.

Or, she could have just protested the war, run to Europe to dodge the draft and smoked dope, but never inhaled.[}:)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley

Or, she could have just protested the war, run to Europe to dodge the draft and smoked dope, but never inhaled.

Do you think at least one person would remember seeing her there???
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I'll forgive the "B" when all of our soldiers that died as a result of her giving 'comfort and aid' to the enemy, are brought back to life.

I have the same thoughts about John Kerry. His being in the VietNam Vets Against the War, in my mind, is the same thing.

I wouldn't 'P' on either one of them if their 'A' was on fire, unless I could 'P' gasoline.

It was at 67% to 'keep reminding' when I voted.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    There is just no way to make some of you understand that John Kerry had virtually nothing to do with Jane Fonda. One poster even said that he went to Hanoi with her!! Sometimes I feel like I'm watching an episode of "Jaywalking".
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear that Frenchie lookin John Kerry was divorcing his wife to marry Fonda!!!(stir)[:D]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pack rat633

I hear that Frenchie lookin John Kerry was divorcing his wife to marry Fonda!!!

Kerry has had the hots for him ever since Easy Rider.[:0]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are harsh. I mean, she didn't do much more the Kerry did, and he is the leading demo. guy for president! Have a heart (no I'm not referring to Gary).

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Woodshermit, I don't give a 'flying rats a' if Kerry and Fonda never had anything to do with each other, in spite of the reports they appeared at the same anti-war events.

We've all known for many years what 'Hanoi Jane' did. Since Kerry has come into the spotlight by running for President, we're learning more about his actions after he got home from the war.

Answer me this. Let's say a soldier that got the 'million dollar wound,' back in WW2, came home and joined an organization that supported the Japanese and/or Germans? How long would he have lived after that?

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DWS,

Man, that is disgusting!

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
    edited November -1
    Not very long if supporting the Japanese or Germans, of course. However, Kerry did not join or help establish an organization supporting NVN (although you are entitled to your opinion and can interpret his opposition to the war as such). He helped form VietNam Veterans Against The War. There were thousands of veterans who supported that cause which was to end the war. One could protest the war in Iraq, does that make them a supporter of terrorism?
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Kerry is an idiot but he served his country. He earned the right to have his stupid opinion.
    edited November -1
    It would be interesting to see how many 'Nam vets supported the war.

I sure didn't--I felt, at the time, we had no business nation-building, nor the BS of "winning the hearts and minds of the Vietnamese:, nor trying to save the Michelin rubber plantations for the French. Nonetheless, I did not agree with Fonda and still consider her visit to Hanoi treacherous. One could be against the war and protest the policies of McNamara. Nixon's "pull out and declare victory" was the best thing to do.

• bobp14bobp14 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing that isn't talked about is the news clips that Fonda & Kerry were in. There were shown to our P.O.W.'s and were told that all returning G.I.'s were marching in the streets. J.Mccain was shown them while setting in prison.
    edited November -1
    WOODSHERMIT

I don't know what world your in but there are 2 different news clips that are being shown on all the news stations that show Fonda speaking @ rally's with KERRY WITHIN 5 FEET OF HER. Is that "having nothing to do with her."
    edited November -1
    I live in a parallel universe that doesn't watch Fox News and doctored photos. I went to VN, came home as disillusioned and disgusted as anybody else and followed the anti-war movement closely. I could not relate to the college protesters, but, when Kerry and other vets organized their protests, it rang true to me then and still does today. I don't recall any GIs embracing Fonda at all. Most did, and still do, hold her in contempt. Both she and Kerry have issued statements to the effect that they barely knew each other during those times and formally met only years later when she was married to Ted Turner. I continue to comment on this particular issue because I "was there" and this stuff about Fonda and Kerry somehow being in cahoots over the war is just a right-wing political smear tactic to divert attention away from the real issues.
    edited November -1
    Where have I heard "it's a right wing conspiracy" before?
    edited November -1
    Hey, bob, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. It's overt attack and smear politics.
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were both anti-war protestors thus giving the enemy support and hurting our troops in VN by doing this. Fonda + Kerry = Traitors

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • fragmentsfragments Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get over it--NOT IN MY LIFETIME!!!
    edited November -1
    Blackie, according to you, would Nixon, Kissinger, McNamara, et al therefore be patriotic heroes because they continued an obviously failed and destructive war for years, costing the US billions of dollars, causing thousands of US casualties, continuing the death and maiming of countless Vietnamese civilians while creating an atmosphere of hate and distrust in this country which continues to this day?
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    Blackie, according to you, would Nixon, Kissinger, McNamara, et al therefore be patriotic heroes because they continued an obviously failed and destructive war for years, costing the US billions of dollars, causing thousands of US casualties, continuing the death and maiming of countless Vietnamese civilians while creating an atmosphere of hate and distrust in this country which continues to this day?

They were as bad as Fonda and Kerry. The worst was LBJ. Sent 500,000 troops to VN based on false information about the Gulf of Tonkin. We were never attacked. You can put LBJ, Kisssinger, McNamara, Nixon, Fonda, Kerry, draft dodging Bill Clinton in the "same boat". None of them are/were any good. Most soldiers weren't in favor the VN war, but they didn't come home and demonstrate against the wwar and their fellow soldiers. When your involved in a war like VN right or wrong you had better do whatever you can to swin the war and support the troops.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif