In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fellow Viet Nam Vets. Check this out.

2»

Comments

• woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    That war could not be won by the United States. Blackie, I don't know if you are a VN vet. If you are, then, we just disagree, but, I still respect your opinion and value your experience.
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a young trainee in Boot Camp, my Drill Instructor turned the news channel up real loud so we standing in formation could listen to the Bay of Tonkin incident. When it was over all us Marines cheered. As soon as we graduated( in a couple weeks) we'd have us a real war!! That is what we trained for, and we never lost sight of that. 10 years later, I discharged out of the Marines, and to this day never regreat fighting that war, and am proud of my fellow Marines. Sure, many never made it back, but we knew that going in. Never did meet a Marine that protested the war, did you??

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pack rat633
    As a young trainee in Boot Camp, my Drill Instructor turned the news channel up real loud so we standing in formation could listen to the Bay of Tonkin incident. When it was over all us Marines cheered. As soon as we graduated( in a couple weeks) we'd have us a real war!! That is what we trained for, and we never lost sight of that. 10 years later, I discharged out of the Marines, and to this day never regreat fighting that war, and am proud of my fellow Marines. Sure, many never made it back, but we knew that going in. Never did meet a Marine that protested the war, did you??

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI

THe marines are great an d they love their country.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    I once had the pleasure of meeting a guy named Daniel Ellsberg. Anybody heard of him?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshermit
    I once had the pleasure of meeting a guy named Daniel Ellsberg. Anybody heard of him?

Wasn't he the person that sued and got the pentagon paper released? Or was that someone else?

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, that commie Ba%^&$d let all our little secrets out. He died a complicated death some time back didn't he??

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackieBooger

Sent...troops...based on false information...

Must be a Texas president thing.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep

Sent...troops...based on false information...

Must be a Texas president thing.

I should have said it was information that never happened and was made up. The WMDs were in Iraq or did the Kurds die from frostbite and not poison gas? Sadam either destroyede them ore sent them to someother country before we got over there.

Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I should have said it was information that never happened and was made up.

Like I said, must be a Texas president thing.
    edited November -1
    Perhaps all of you supporters of US policy in VN would have preferred to die, or had your buddies, brothers, etc. die over there in 1976.

Daniel Ellsberg, marine company commander, civilian advisor under fire in VN, commie. Sorry to disappoint you, but, he's still alive.