In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: priority emergency, this is bad

2»

Comments

• gunrunner1911gunrunner1911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA is a corporation. They market a product based on market conditions.

If gun control is eliminated and we go back 200 years where does that leave the NRA? I'd guess with about 25% of their membership and not alot to do. If your not sick you don't need medicine. Create a problem and if you have a solution you will profit. Plain and simple. They are way to proud to tell you the membership is growing and it has grown largly due to gun control as there are less and less dealers and buyers it is proven in the sales of licenses at every level. This is going to give them a "CAUSE" for the next 10 years.
    We have been working with our elected "Pro-gun senators" for 10 years now and it looks like we might win the fight against the AWB and it will be repealed, oh I mean it will sunset, ahh that is unless we can screw it up!!!!!!!!!! By the way can I get another $50 $100 or $150 from ya, just check the box for this month and send us 5 years worth of dues 2 years before the last 5 year bargain sign up is over.

No problem Wayne check is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    OK EVERYBODY>>>>let's not turn this thread into a bash/defend the NRA competition. I have no use for them personally but that is for another thread. HERE'S THE DEAL. I will post info on the NRA's ability/inabiltiy to get what they want on this bill and how they can/could do it and it will become clear for you where they stand. Just hold on a little bit until I find the info you all want.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jp, look for a thread by me titled Reply from NRA. I'm not a big fan of the NRA but I got called on this on another site and I posted the reply here. I admit I shoulda researched the info a little better before I spammed several other forums with it[B)] I was a bad boy[:D] I have literally with the exception of going to eat, the bathroom and a shower I have been at this computer since noon yesterday raising hell over this. No sleep and I am pooped!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thank you nut, and everybody, for your efforts.

Now as to the NRA and their private dealings that they don't want the average member to know/think about. If we exert enough pressure, we may still kill this silent deal.
    But like any silent deal, the NRA is careful that it leaves no paper
    trail.
    If you think the NRA is (as they claim) still working as hard as
    possible against the Assault Weapons ban and Gun Show Loophole
    amendments to S.659, consider these facts:
    1. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn), who is tasked with
    running the US Senate and is supposedly "in the pocket" of the NRA,
    could have stopped the gun control amendments by setting up an
    "Amendment Tree". He didn't -- he chose to put the bill on the floor
    and leave it open for amendments, giving the anti-gunners the chance
    they needed.
    2. Senator Frist, at the behest of the NRA, also could have delayed the
    debate and vote on S.659 until the NRA had time to mobilize their
    grassroots against the Assault Weapons ban and Gun Show loophole
    amendments with mail, e-mails, magazine articles, etc. Instead, the NRA
    has been virtually silent on the Assault Weapons ban (how many pieces of
    NRA mail have hit your mailbox, telling Senators to vote against the
    reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban?).
    What is most telling is that the NRA has spent countless thousands, if not millions, of dollars fighting for a measure that may or may not stop the ludicrous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers, but have done virtually nothing to oppose the two biggest gun issues in this millenium.
    Remember, before S.659, the Assault Weapons ban and the Gun Show
    Loophole bills were considered dead by Washington insiders, and were
    being reported as such by the Washington Times. S.659, and the
    desperation of the NRA to pass it, has breathed new life into these
    insidious gun control schemes.
    It's the case of the dog that didn't bark.
    Yes, the NRA is publicly saying they oppose these amendments, but they left their gun in their holster.

If you haven't taken action, do so.

If you have taken action, do it again -- they're getting the message!

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Replace "right" with "power". Give me a friggin' break, it was around 3-4am. Mea culpa.

quote:Originally posted by salzo
    quote:Originally posted by mpolans

P.S. - Highball, federal govt. has the right to act in things that affect interstate commerce...that's how they're probably getting to it.

The federal govt. does not have "rights".

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Zell is an absolutely awesome guy. I'm sure he is for pre-emption of lawsuits and against any extension of the assault weapons ban. He's got no greater ambitions that require him to pander to the whims of the DNC, so he can (and does) vote pretty independent of them. FYI, Zell shot off part of his index finger as a kid while hunting. Valuable hunter safety tip learned.

quote:Originally posted by mag
    It's 10am est and I just got off the phone with Sen. Zell Miller's {D GA } aide. The aide didn't know the senators position so I gave him our position and did note that I crossed party line last election and did vote for Sen. Miller. It is too bad that Sen. Miller is not running for the Demo presidential nomination as he would make a great president IMHO.

mag
    edited November -1
    FYI, the NRA existed for about 3/4 of its entire existence without any involvement in firearms legislation. It still does a lot in hunter safety, child safety, police training, museum and recording of factual/historical data, and organizing shooting competitions.

quote:Originally posted by gunrunner1911
    The NRA is a corporation. They market a product based on market conditions.

If gun control is eliminated and we go back 200 years where does that leave the NRA? I'd guess with about 25% of their membership and not alot to do. If your not sick you don't need medicine. Create a problem and if you have a solution you will profit. Plain and simple. They are way to proud to tell you the membership is growing and it has grown largly due to gun control as there are less and less dealers and buyers it is proven in the sales of licenses at every level. This is going to give them a "CAUSE" for the next 10 years.
    We have been working with our elected "Pro-gun senators" for 10 years now and it looks like we might win the fight against the AWB and it will be repealed, oh I mean it will sunset, ahh that is unless we can screw it up!!!!!!!!!! By the way can I get another $50 $100 or $150 from ya, just check the box for this month and send us 5 years worth of dues 2 years before the last 5 year bargain sign up is over.

No problem Wayne check is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!