In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rreloading basics. Do I need all this stuff?

2»

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim- I have all this stuff, to me it seems like tons of it. But I don't know what goes where or any of that, I have books, but I'd rather wait to see it used. If you want we could get trapp55 (other dave) to give us a lesson with all my stuff. I have brass a tumbler, a digital scale, rockchucker, a RCBS Grand progressive shotshell reloader, you name it, I've bought it, and this is the month I wanted to get up and running with it all.

Email Trap55 to set it up and I'll show up with the stuff. By the way Trap55 REALLY knows his stuff, when it comes to everything gun related.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    We can all pile down to Lemoore if you want. I'm sure we can figure it out. I put together stuff without instructions all the time, and you even knew one can lap a slide with toothpaste[:D]

Oh yeah, thants for telling me you have to rinse it off later![:(!]

I'm gonna strip my Colt tonight and loveingly wife it with some yellowish-white grease that came with the Para. I thought only die-hards greased, but now I understand it to be common to grease certain parts.

All the names don't come to me right now; I'll jump back to M1911.com to get the lingo.

Trapps is showing interest, and since I'm under doctor's orders not to work, might as well do something. "Match grade" is taking a new meaning. It means that each round has a unique quality shared with it's partner...consistantcy.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Classic95 has some stuff he never uses, and for now, I'm just loading .45ACP. Later, .243 (need the rifle first). Lets see if he can dig the old stuff out. I'm here, Classic. I'll even mail you a sturdy box addressed with postage (and a nother dozen flag patches...they are going fase ...down to 600)

I'm buying the ammo for $10 a box on line, so it isn't the savings, but the quality and consistently I hear I'll get by hand loading...yes, and the immense satisfaction [:D]