In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

trooperchin

FlatheadFlathead Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
With all due respect my good man,, whats up with that little clip of the guy gettin blasted?? In poor taste if you ask me. Just what the anti's need to see. Not really putting the best light on the responsible gun owner. I mean we talk on here on weather or not to call a gun a weapon for the sake of the unknowing. What message does this send? It is kinda neat but not on a public web site. JMHO.

Peace Flathead

Comments

• FlatheadFlathead Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cs today?

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
    edited November -1
    hey you won the 6in shoulder holster I am giving away give me a email and we will get it out to you

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much! I still have more photos but I won't impose on you any more this evening and I have no idea if anyone is really interested in even looking at these guns. If you are able to post the rest of the photos for me then please e-mail me when you have the free time to do so. Of course I am in your debt!

Mark T. Christian
    edited November -1
    Hey I need you to e-mail me your address so i can send you those patches --- e-mail me at rjgaede@centurytel.net
    thanks
    Rich
    edited November -1
    Are you a Texas Aggie now!?

sg_550_neu_gr.jpg

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas
    edited November -1
    How did you do at the State competition, x-country right?

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    trooperchin,

As we all know, most of use here are not worried about being "politically correct". I say keep it bud!

Flathead,

Maybe this will help, the clip is a segment from Saving Private Ryan. No one was really injured in the attached clip.[;)] Anyway, the guy getting plinked was a bad, bad NAZI. Does that help explain?
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Troopechin, I can't believe you would post a pic like that on your signature!!

[}:)]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    Ignorance is bliss!!! Nuff said
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    From what I can tell, it's a Soviet sniper tagging a German soldier during WW2.

Now if * a Nazi ain't PC, what is?[;)]
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    The clip is from Saving Private Ryan and the dude doing the sniping is an American. His character was the best part of the movie. Quoting scripture and shooting Nazis, thats my kinda guy!

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Get me within a mile of Hitler and pack your bags boys, were goin home" It's been a few years so pardon the imperfect quote.[:o)]

I too love that character pissypants.[:p][:D]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Its a clip from one of the best movies in the universe. Saving Private Ryan. I think its great!!

Larry
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i say keep it .it's a cool gif from that movie

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Hey Flathead

It is a movie clip from saving Private Ryan and a lot more tasteful than Janet Jackson's B@@B! Trooper is not even on prime time and if the anti's come here I know this crew -- they will get toasted but good.

Plus give the kid a break. I have nose hair older than Trooper is.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flathead
    Ignorance is bliss!!! Nuff said

Hummmm, so we are all ignorant? Man, looks like you are trying to make lots of friends here already.[B)]

Like you said "JMHO"....I think your looking to pick a fight with the majority of the GBers and trooperchin. Why would you single someone out like that?[?]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Ignorance is bliss!!! Nuff said

MORE than enough I'd say....

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    Not trying to start a fight. Is this one of those place's where if you dont go with the crowd you chastised? From gbeggrow's post it seems it is so, he takes it upon himself to include you all.

There was just a thread that you guys responded to about using the word weapons. It seems that it was agreed that weapon is a bad choice, firearm is better for the benifit of those not in the know. But you defend a clip of a guy getting deeped sixed. I will stick with what I think and that is I think it is not the greatest thing to have a guy getting killed as part of your signature. I dont care if it is a movie. Hows about I find a movie clip of a guy using a gun and raping a women,, what the heck it is just a movie.

I been around long enough to learn not to put things like that in peoples face. Bad image for gun owners if you ask me. Again JMHO.

Sorry for stating my opinion and stiring the pot.[B)]
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes things will just jump up and bite you on the *. From experience I speak![:(][:(]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes things will just jump up and bite you on the *. From experience I speak![:(][:(]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    havnt seen it yet, but i like what you have had in there before

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say keep it trooper He's in good taste to me.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It aint taking it down! there isnt a thing wrong with it!

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Keep it there trooper, in spite of the fact some are too stupid to know it's a clip from a movie, "Saving Private Ryan," and that guy is a German soldier.

JMHO !

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All you can see is someone falling after (presumably) being shot by a man who works the bolt of a scoped rifle. You can't see clearly enough to establish the nationality of either man, though you can tell the guy getting shot is a soldier. I have to agree with whoever it was who pointed out that if the mere word "weapon" was disagreeable to some because of the "image" it may present to neutral or anti-firearm folks, why wouldn't this be equally so?

If it's for public consumption, I'd sooner demonstrate my taste for firearms with a pic of a really cool gun...But, to each his (or her) own. All I'll say is: it wouldn't be my choice of decoration for a public forum, though I'm not personally offended by it.
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Rebel_James
    Keep it there trooper, in spite of the fact some are too stupid to know it's a clip from a movie, "Saving Private Ryan," and that guy is a German soldier.

JMHO !

I love you guys that think it romantic, and cool to have to take the life of another human being during war time. Ask any vet that has been there face to face and see how romantic they think it is.[:(!] I for one do not!!!!!! Its more of a nightmare that never goes away!! Guess I am too "stupid" to know that though.

I have a son in law inforcement he dont think it romantic to kill another man also. I thank god he dont think like some of you guys.

Now take your gun and carry it around and be the hero you think you are.
    edited November -1
    Thank you trstone. I am glad I am not the only one that is stupid here
    edited November -1
    Flathead: We idiots have to stick together!
  • HARDRIGHTHARDRIGHT Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While watching television or listening to the radio, If I see or hear something that I personally find "distasteful" I have the freedom to change the channel or station.
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    Damn. I didn't know that we decided not to use the word "weapon". I thought you decided for yourselves, and the rest of us are going to do what ever feels right at the moment. Please don't include me in your PC BS. [8D]

BTW, trooper, do what ever YOU want. [;)]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    His name is oddly appropos, isn't it?

Flathead: Are you telling me we're supposed to see a Nazi stormtrooper getting taken down by an American sniper as a disgusting and indecent?

army_slblu.jpgpv2.gifInsignia_in.jpgairborne%20wings-2.jpgtogcrest.gif
    edited November -1
    Nope , The original post was that it is not right for use on a public forum. I see it as a killing. Many here get on the soap box and champion gun rights, you know the drill, gun owners are responsible, we have our guns for sporting use, yada yada yada. Then this school kid gets on here and has short clip of a killing on every post he has. Then you wonder why the antis see the gun owner as a zealot that would love nothing more to use that gun to kill. I dont get it. Speaking out both side of your mouth , if you will. Does this site not promote pro gun. What does this clip of a killing do to promote responsible gun ownership??? Nothing!!! All it is, is some kids idea of something cool. I am somewhat surprised that only a couple guys here see it this way.

Dont get me wrong I have my fair share of guns, more than most , not as many as some. I would like to keep them.

As was stated you have the freedom to do what ever you want,no matter how ignorant.

Let the name calling begin ( continue)
    edited November -1
    quote:Then this school kid gets on here and has short clip of a killing on every post he has.[V][V][:(!][V]
    What does my age have to do w/ anything?
    Flathead,
    Perhaps we should begin monitering everyones profile to make sure that you approve of everything![^]

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    The first time I saw Trooper post something with that signature, I immediatly thought to myself, "Looks like a clip from Saving Private Ryan," I recognized it immediatly. I fail to see why that vid could be so offensive. Keep it trooper!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flathead
    Not trying to start a fight. Is this one of those place's where if you dont go with the crowd you chastised? From gbeggrow's post it seems it is so, he takes it upon himself to include you all.

There was just a thread that you guys responded to about using the word weapons. It seems that it was agreed that weapon is a bad choice, firearm is better for the benifit of those not in the know. But you defend a clip of a guy getting deeped sixed. I will stick with what I think and that is I think it is not the greatest thing to have a guy getting killed as part of your signature. I dont care if it is a movie. Hows about I find a movie clip of a guy using a gun and raping a women,, what the heck it is just a movie.

I been around long enough to learn not to put things like that in peoples face. Bad image for gun owners if you ask me. Again JMHO.

Sorry for stating my opinion and stiring the pot.[B)]

Flathead,

Lets revisit this. I can see where you are coming from about the overall image. I understand what you are trying to communicate and can agree with you to some degree. Also, as you pointed out I should not have assumed that all GBers share my feelings. I was sincerely trying to point out to you what my opinion was. Again im my opionion, Gunbroker.com is a place that I can come and be gbeggrow. I think a lot of us get a little frusterated with being labeled "gun nuts" and get tired of having to be so politically correct all the time in our day to day lives. As a business professional in corporate America it gets to me quite a bit. I've found that coming to the Gunbroker.com forum is a pleasent form of therapy for me. You know...a place wher I can "let my hair down" if you will. I hate the idea of having to be politically correct here on the GB forums so I guess I saw it as a slight intrusion (probably also too that trooperchin is one of the posters that I get a kick out of most) so I appologize if you took offense. Do you see my point at all?

Anyway, it is not my intent to make any enemies here on the GB forum.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isnt it from saving private ryan?

Keep it, I think its awesome, anybody that doesnt like it, tell them to hit the bricks.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trooperchin
    quote:Then this school kid gets on here and has short clip of a killing on every post he has.[V][V][:(!][V]
    What does my age have to do w/ anything?
    Flathead,
    Perhaps we should begin monitering everyones profile to make sure that you approve of everything![^]

In terms of younger people and weapons, you have Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris, Kip Kinkel, and a number of other kids to thank for the scrutiny.

signew.JPG

"In a world of compromise, some don't."

anim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gifanim_bannana.gif

Utica.gif
    edited November -1
    I repeat: all you can make out is it's a SOLDIER getting shot. There's no way on God's green Earth you can tell the nationality of the soldier who gets it from the resolution of that itty-bitty box in which the clip plays, so anyone who HASN'T seen Saving Private Ryan would have NO way to tell if it's an American, Russian, German, or whomever. I also repeat: I'm not personally offended by it---consider that one of my favorite movies is Enemy At The Gates---but I can easily see where Flathead is coming from in wondering if PERHAPS, MAYBE, POSSIBLY such a thing might project the wrong image to someone visiting this forum who ISN'T a firearms/Second Amendment enthusiast like us. Nobody is demanding that it be removed. Nobody has even SUGGESTED it be removed. It's only been pointed out that the clip may portray gun-owners in general---and the enthusiasts who post to forums like this one---in a less-than-flattering light, which is, sadly, a real possibility. We all know that, to the typical anti-firearm/anti-Second-Amendment type of person, image tends to be nearly everything, and facts are of (at best) tertiary importance. And let's not kid ourselves: the "anti" folks undoubtedly tune in on forums like this one (albeit silently), not in an effort to gain understanding of why we feel and think the way we do about firearms and the Second Amendment, but to look for whatever stereotypical and negative words and images they can use to paint firearms owners as irresponsible, callous or---even better for their agenda---outright bloodthirsty.

Just a thought.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with Patbuzzard. When I saw it I thought "Saving Private Ryan", COOL!!![8D]

Mateomasfeo: Kind of a hypocrite aren't you. Don't you have a picture of Lee Harvey getting rocked by Ruby[?] [:D][;)]

If it was that bad it would have been poofed by now. It has not so no point in bashing it. Besides, who cares what the antigun people think of this site. We could post little angels and stictly do charity work for the poor, do you honestly believe that would change their positions on guns.

Mad Dog
    edited November -1
    Roboman,
    The I guess we shouldnt trust adults with firearms... they kill more people than do teens...

Travis,
    Mateo was talking about a post i did earlier about his sig. pic.

Notice how the clip is still there? It isnt going anywhere.

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy