In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How do I get out of a 105 mph ticket?

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What is the best way to get out of a speeding ticket for 105MPH? Ruger270man, any suggestions?

Mad Dog

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    cry to the judge and hope for the best

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you squeeze between bars? This may be your chose of getting out.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man Travis what kind of war are you trying to start here. An try slowing down. [;)]

psalms 16
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old06: Would you quit telling on me.[:D][;)]

Jltrent: I use to squeeze between the bars during the national anthem every home game at Ohio State when I was a kid. The guard would just give me a wry grin as he was not going to chase me. Doubt if I could fit anymore.[;)] Unless they made those Bars xxxl.[:D]

Mad Dog
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Your Honor, my Porsche 911 Turbo is a car built so well for speed, 105 mph feels like about 50. Here, [as you hand the judge your keys] why don't you delay your decision for a month or two and drive my car so that you can understand things from my perspective..."
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beg for mercy.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you get out of a 105 mph ticket? Drive faster than the cops!?!?! [:D]

Travis, Travis, Travis... I seriously hope you're kiddin'!
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a moped a few years ago in the mid life crisis thing. We went down to the local hamburger joint and we started talking who got the quickest wheels an old Vic said he had the baddest of the bad. Well went down to racers road here just a few miles shy of rambo rest stop. Well we lined up and took off and at the same time a cop came off a dirt road and clocked us I got a 36 mph ticket in a 15 mph zone and Vic got one for a wheelchair on a paved road and no lights. I got a good lawyer and plead down to no helmet. So get a lawyer and maybe you can tell them your exlax kicked in and the only gas station with a bathroom was 10 miles a way . What do you think.

psalms 16
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old06: I think I would be better served pleading insanity. My wife could be the character witness.[:D]

Mad Dog
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    ..... and number three, I presume [8D]

NSDQ!

"Many free countries have lost their liberty, and ours may lose hers; but if she shall, be it my proudest plume, not that I was the last to desert; but that I never deserted her." -President Abraham Lincoln
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just fess up to it and pay the fine. [}:)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Plead "Not Guilty". Call the court the morning of your scheduled trial and tell the Clerk of the Court that you have the flu and feel terrible and you're contagious - could you please, please, PLEASE have a continuance? At the next trial there is a better than even chance that the officer won't appear, and the charge must be dismissed.

This has worked for me for 4 out of my last 5 tickets.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Travis,

Why on earth would ya wanna get outta it?

Think about it for a minute, you're gonna be a big man!

No doubt that you now hold the record for speeding in the county the ticket was issued in! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] Enjoy the moment, haha

BTW: congratulations [;)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    quote:How do I get out of a 105 mph ticket?I don't know but im still trying to figure out how to get into a 25 year olds shorts!![:D][:I]

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Just tell the Judge you were helping save maintenance bills on the cop cars by helping them blow the carbon out of their cars.[:I]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
    edited November -1
    Pa,

What's her name? ROLF,LMOA [:)][:)][:)]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I have no idea... maybe...

1) Faint or fake a heartattack - nah, wouldn't work.

2) Accept it, pay it, frame it, hang it on the wall as proof. Nah, you were trying to get out of it..

3) Kind of like Doug's answer =o)

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
    04250.gif
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine got clocked at 122 in a 55.

Told the cop that his throttle stuck when he was just fooling around with another car at a light.

He got the ticket, did a little bending work on the throttle linkage, took it to a mechanic that swore that the throttle linkage was sticking, walla.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Pa, that's easy. Just wait til laundry day and grab them out of the dryer when she ain't lookin'.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give it just a little more gas until you hit about 150, those crown vics top out at around 140 I believe... [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Cmon travis you're breakin all the rules!

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just ask the Judge if he would like to hear some Sammy Hagar : " I can't Drive 55 " ..
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a lawyer and plead it down to a non mover with a BIG FINE.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    ........or perhaps offer the judge some *..??? I think you're screwed.[:D]

aliens.jpg
  • mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you could allways move to canada!!!!![:)]

i got one for doing 96 mph. the ticket wasn't that bad, it was the ins. hike that killed me. i was 20 0r 21. had a new '94 mustang gt. 302, at, red w/ 17" wheels. they "the 17's" were a big deal then, they had just came out from the dealer. i sure miss that car!!![:(]
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Hey who is this fella Tio?[;)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:What is the best way to get out of a speeding ticket for 105MPH?

You are joking, right?

Unless you were speeding a dying person to the emergency room, there is no excuse for that. I am a Municipal Court Judge (tickets and other class C misd.)and would absolutely throw the book at you. Any feeble attempts to make excuses would likely result in the max sentence available.

But that's just me.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Tell the judge, That your ex-wife run off with a cop, And once you saw the emergency lights on, you thought the cop was bringing your ex-wife back.
    Suck up buddy, pay the ticket & go on.
    I got you beat, try 150+, they could not clock me, took over an hour to catch me on I-5, did not know they were after me.
    But that was 30 yrs ago, and I had to learn the hard way.
    Walte
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo
    quote:What is the best way to get out of a speeding ticket for 105MPH?

You are joking, right?

Unless you were speeding a dying person to the emergency room, there is no excuse for that. I am a Municipal Court Judge (tickets and other class C misd.)and would absolutely throw the book at you. Any feeble attempts to make excuses would likely result in the max sentence available.

But that's just me.

In some states 25 MPH over the speed limit is a Class B misd., In my case, I got a ticket for 100 in a 70. Went to driving school before the court date. Showed up at court and Requested the maximum fine rather than community service or jail time. Judge gave me 24 hours in jail and no fine. I would have rather paid the max $500 fine than spend 24hrs in jail.

It worked, I learned my lesson, I don't speed like that anymore.

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.
    edited November -1
    clone,

Ya must be the feller we was chasing years ago!

The police cars we had at that time were six cylinder Plymouths with a motor driven siren.

The more ya blew the siren, the slower the ole Plymouth would go. We would be chasing a speeder and people doing the speed limit were passing us by, LOL.

Ah, the good old days.......[:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

• IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Charlie, only if you were in California..
    Talk about a PO'd CHP'ie..
    They had tried to setup roadblocks to catch me, but I got there way before they did, never saw them.
    Then I passed a black car, as I was passing I saw the CHP decal & hit the kill switch and pulled over the old 6cyl Honda CBX motorcycle.
    The CHP'ie jumped out of his car and physicaly threw his ticket book at me. Then his supervisor was coming North bound & did a 180 side skid at around 100mph, and jumped the median.
    All in all it cost me $500 bucks for the fine and a suspended lic for 6mo.
    That is what you call a real Dumb Butt act. Its a wonder they did not beat the crap out of me.
    Now keep within the speed limit +- 10. A lil older & much wiser now.
    Walte
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    quote:How do I get out of a 105 mph ticket?I don't know but im still trying to figure out how to get into a 25 year olds shorts!![:D][:I]

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!

Do you want to try and explain this PA?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a lawyer and plead for a lower violation. At 105 it gets into reckless driving and you can loose your license, maybe even jail.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

You are joking, right?

Im with Judge Judy over here[:p][;)]. Kiss your *&^ goodbye.

I wouldn't even show up, just pay your fine.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    do not drive 105 mph. common sence is not common any more [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • BuckShotJonBuckShotJon Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doug Wilsons idea I have used and worked. Got that one ticket delayed 3 times and was working on a 4 th dealy, no matter no show and I still won.

I did get stopped for exactly 105 in a 55 one time. There was very severe other reasons involved why I was going that fast, our family had been subject to death threats on the phone by a unidentified person but NYSP wanted to hear none of it, so instead of pleading my case with them I simply asked for a appearence ticket and to be politely released with no arraignment and pleaded my case with the judge. He found the circumstances fitting and asked the DA to reduce to Disobeying a Traffic Control Device and a total $50 fine ( I still think I should not been convicted of anything). It did not hurt that I had a Sheriffs Investigator there to help explain the issue (death threats) that led to my going 105 MPH. Turns out the NYSP talling me was not the person I thought that was trying to make good on the death threats. I'll never forget the moment I was thicking allright * I am finally loosing you and then the reds came on. [^]

Now I just don't speed anymore.

Jon
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh,
    (a) Don't drive so fast?
    (b) Don't get caught?
    (c) Face the music?
    (d) All of the above?

You ain't going to "get out" of this one unless you can show that there was a technical flaw in the officer's radar / speedometer which would cause him to be reading 45% or so high (i.e., fat chance!). Hire a lawyer and take the best deal he can negotiate, which may not be very good.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    105 MPH BACKWARDS PASSED THE SAME COP??
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Crap your pants. Tell the cop you're gonna crap more and you need a toilet stat. If he has no sympathy for a man w/ loaded shorts then there was no way to get out of it anyway.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Crap your pants. Tell the cop you're gonna crap more and you need a toilet stat. If he has no sympathy for a man w/ loaded shorts then there was no way to get out of it anyway.

LMAO[:D][:D][:p][:p]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • Kar_lKar_l Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try ticketkiller.com
    Karl