In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BE HONEST NOW GUYS....

2»

Comments

• s4shooters4shooter Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do that when I am alone, just to impress the salesman.

Jerry Weinberg
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    No, dont know how to impress anybody, dont want to any way.
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Im interested in a gun I never buy one on impulse, I try to learn all I can about it first before purchasing it especially if it's expensive, Im very picky when choosing a gun, I would never buy one to try to show off to anybody.

Some types of guns do have more "prestige" than others, example a
    guy at the range with an HK91 and HK P7 M13 vs. a guy with a Hi-Point
    carbine & Lorcin pistol.

"FREEDOM ISNT FREE"
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR,
    The thought never crossed my mind.
    Maybe I will try that next gun show. [}:)] [:o)] [:o)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    The only things I've ever bought that I really could not afford, but did it anyway, were pieces of jewelery for my wife. Could have bought a rack of guns for what I paid for this beautiful antique bracelet. Green saphires and diamonds alternating around a 24 karat band. Man that thing had some weight to it. Represented months of every cent I made, but it was worth it to see her eyes light up when I gave it to her. She'd be the first to kill me if she new what I spent. I'm not sure she knows it is the real McCoy.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hellll no. I usually try to buy cheaper stuff in front of my friends, just to show that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get the same damn thing!

I think getting quality goods for low prices is more impressive than walking around in your $70 abercrombie jeans with paint on them.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Have bought a few guns, that were at the limit of my account.
    And have once bought a gun that was three times that limit - but bought it from a friend, paid over 4 months - so no trouble there.

Not to showoff, but because I really really TRULY wanted it and to try it out.

Doesn't see the need to Showoff or impress people.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have bought some that I could barely afford. I have never really cared what anyone else thought about what I spent on a gun except when I am telling my wife what an incredible bargin I just got that I could not have possibly passed up.
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, never did that. I don't much care who I impress or don't..However..I did buy one once that my ex had decided I couldn't afford. Not for impressing, for the fact that I wanted it. One of my rare strokes of rebelion..I paid for it twelve times or so..

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How dare you ask such a question,Of course not.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never. Only times I've ever bought any for which I didn't have an immediate need / desire were private sales at good prices where I could make money if I should ever sell them and the freaking government can't prove I have them if it ever comes down to universal registration / confiscation.

Icon the paranoid (and after Patriot Acts I & II, etc. - reasonably so, IMO).

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    I guess I didn't realize that my "friends" would be impressed to see me spend money I don't have on something I don't need and that everyone knows isn't even a good deal.

The few people that I call "friend" would actually find that behavior foolish and would be completely UN-impressed.
    I don't think I'll go looking for any of those other "friends".
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger0_7
    I live in Ontario,Canada.I don't think we have gun shows,wish we did.Would I buy a gun to inpress a buddy? No way,the first thing they would do is run and tell my wife.

Chris Powell

There used to be a Sunday only gun show in Ancaster. What happened to it?