In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone ever wonder if.......

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
.... there are members here, Govt watchdogs, that disguise themselves as the average Joe gun owner, cleverly fitting in by complaining about our rights and prying some member's to give info that they would not give otherwise?

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:ever wonder if...........Hmmmm, no. However, there just might be; only the shadow knows! [:0]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    You don't say ![:0]
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    never know,could be... joe[:D]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,875 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I'm sure they are. Just look for "members" who are in favor of background checks, gun permits, etc.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    say it isn't so......
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would they show their hand by being for more regs. Why not go along t=with the Majority as a great cover.

Who Me[:o)]
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just look at all the newer members here who question who would fight the government or what ya got at home,,you can bet there are people watching us,now that staes are starting to try to take back some of their rights the government will be watching more than ever
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    remember the nerd in high school that didn't fit anywhere & never had a date, couldn't catch a cold.....WELLL he's now a SECRET AGENT & gonna hang your * out to dry
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    dang,misplaced my pocket protector...
  • IngallsIngalls Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, dont know what your talking about. Let me use this opportunity to plug my business
    Flowers
    By
    Irene
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is gonna get ugly[}:)]

this thread is gonna resemble that scene in "the thing" where everyone is handcuffed in the room while trying to figure out which one of them is the thing.[:D]

any theories as to who?[:D]
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    just look at all the newer members here who question who would fight the government or what ya got at home,,you can bet there are people watching us,now that staes are starting to try to take back some of their rights the government will be watching more than ever

Mark that guy Frank and give anything you can find..... seems like a troublemaker.... Dang I typed that in the wrong window [:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well i sure hope they dont find out about EARL Eboydells beautiful rose garden.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    No pointing fingers, not even jokingly, but, yeah they are here, does not bother me. Hello Mr. Spy. [:D]
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    Earl lost all of the above...... in the Great Tsumnai of 07
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dam you caught me [:D]
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many guns did you say you own?[:p]

got guns?
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    There's no wondering about it...you'd have to be awfully damn gullible to believe otherwise.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Darn...too bad my safe melted down. We are a firearms free home now, except for my Red Ryder BB Gun..and I am afraid I am going to put my eye out with it.

My safe, after it was struck by lightning.
    h-effect030.jpg
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would anyone care? Some of you sound like you are scared of them. Why? Have you ever talked to an agent? I was thinking of building a semi auto sten from one of those kits they used to sell and called the local office in Fort Wayne several times and found them to be very helpful. I never did build one but found out what I would have to do to be legal. They couldn't have been any nicer. They are just like you and me. They have a job to do just like anyone else.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    WoW, Survivalist86, should not have kept your safe on top of a hill, under a tall tree [;)]
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Why would anyone care? Some of you sound like you are scared of them. Why? Have you ever talked to an agent? I was thinking of building a semi auto sten from one of those kits they used to sell and called the local office in Fort Wayne several times and found them to be very helpful. I never did build one but found out what I would have to do to be legal. They couldn't have been any nicer. They are just like you and me. They have a job to do just like anyone else.

i have actually only met 2, both industry operations auditors, very nice. just a job to them, i even asked if they were gonna be the ones that come around and take our guns away[}:)]

they both said they wouldn't have any part in it and would quit.

one of them stopped in one day when he wasnt on the job just to b.s. and look at guns, wasnt spying or snooping just likes guns.

but on the other hand there are alot of harda$$ ones too that want to put dealers out of business to get petted on the head from their bosses, i guess im just lucky they seem to be in other parts of the country.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    why do you think there are so many giveaways. there just gov agents collecting info. so just remember dont enter them I'll enter them all and lead them a stray for ya
  • dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    cahas, SSSSSHHHHH! You are blowing my cover!
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    What a guy !!!

Doug
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hummmm, well I dunno Earl, that one over there looks a might suspicious to me......

there's one smoking a joint, and another with spots......If I had my way, I'd have all of them shot!!!!!

And remember Clem, NOTHING, is as it appears.......nor is it otherwise
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    I'm sure they are. Just look for "members" who are in favor of background checks, gun permits, etc.
    [:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    Why would they show their hand by being for more regs. Why not go along t=with the Majority as a great cover.

The majority want government regulations on firearms. Even many here on GB.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    WoW, Survivalist86, should not have kept your safe on top of a hill, under a tall tree [;)]

It was horrible. Driving my safe down the highway on a flatbed truck...and Booom. Felt like an explosion. Burned the bed of the truck too.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im sure this forum is glanced at a few times a yr, but I dont think it is seriously taken to heart. The toothe fairy could be honestly taken more seriously.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457

The majority want government regulations on firearms. Even many here on GB.

Most dont want more regulations. Or if they do, they wouldnt If someone was intellectually honest with them.
  • EMCSEMCS Member Posts: 4,063
    edited November -1
    Well if I'm a SPY , Why am I so poor ?
    Maybe I should join a Union and get paid for not working or go on welfare and get a Free Car..
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Dang, I always wondered what them goverment men looked like![:0] Now everyone on Gb can be on the lookout![8)]quote:Originally posted by drjew
    slingblade.jpg
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nobody said you were a smart one
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by emcs.security
    Maybe I should join a Union and get paid for not working or go on welfare and get a Free Car..

the union wouldnt take you. You have to be american first
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would they need to waste manpower on this site? They have very powerfull computers that scan and log anything they want. They can scan for key words or phrases without spending hours a day reading all the jabbering that goes on.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of 'em i've met are major alcholics so it's most likely the guys who are always asking what you are drinking tonight.

...besides they aren't really spying as much as pusching an agenda.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by emcs.security

or you could get a job baiting hooks...after a month they will promote you to master baiter[8][:p]