In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Mark II or Browning Buck Mark

2»

Comments

• BigBubbaBigBubba Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well folks, I decided on the Ruger. I put about 75 rounds of bulk Blazer through it today with no problems. I can't tell you about groups because I just massacred a few Coke cans and plastic bottles, but the accuracy is good; not a tack driver, but it's acceptable. I haven't stripped it yet (probably will tonight).

Now, I just need a holster. Would have bought one with it, but I'm a cheapskate.

Looks to be a nice first handgun. If I can learn the basics with it until I move up to a bigger caliber, I'll be satisfied.

Thanks for the input. [:)]

"Sure, you can trust the government. Just ask an American Indian."
    -Bumper sticker

The greatest safety device in the universe, when used properly, is the human brain.

"Keep your eyes open, do your own thinking, and be your own man."
    -Marshal Matt Dillon
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Congrats on you purchase BB. [:p]

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • BigBubbaBigBubba Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of hate to keep this old thread alive, but I thought I'd like to give an update.

Well, I stripped the Ruger down and gave it a good cleaning and lubing last night; it wasn't a cakewalk to reassemble, but it wasn't too bad. Just have to follow the instructions in the owner's manual vry carefully.

"Sure, you can trust the government. Just ask an American Indian."
    -Bumper sticker

The greatest safety device in the universe, when used properly, is the human brain.

"Keep your eyes open, do your own thinking, and be your own man."
    -Marshal Matt Dillon
  • skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My two cents . . .
    I don't care for the safety on the Browning. I can easily operate the Ruger with my thumb. The Browning requires two hands to operate, (for me anyway). I've had both and sold the Browning.
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the ruger mark II. Bought one for my son and it is very accurate and trouble free. Very nice gun. Would not buy Browning if it was on blue light special!![:D]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!