In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Passion

2»

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SkyWatcher

Posted?-?02/18/2004?:? 5:45:06 PM ? ? ?
    andersk - from what I understand, the movie does not include the ressurection. Since it is about the passion (aka suffering) only, it only includes the 12 hours prior to and including the crucifixion - starting in the Garden of Gethsemene the evening prior and ending at Golgotha.

Maybe the resurrection will be the sequel?

A sequel ... now there's a thought! I guess SkyWatcher could be right. I didn't think all that seriously about the title. Too bad, though ... the resurrection is the best part! It might be less offensive, if that is a real issue.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And now that I think about the title ... I feel like I need to add this: If you ask me, the passion of Christ is that mankind would turn from our sinful ways and come to him by faith and begin to experience new birth, new life and hope. It all flows out of his grace - the amazing kind! [:D][:D][:D]

"Jesus Christ Super Star" ... ended with the crucifixion. Jesus was just portrayed simply as a human being. If he was just a human being, then, yes, he was a super star, but still no hope![V]
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since this is a reasonably free country, we all have the right to choose; which many of the folks in these forums have served and defend those particular rights. To that end, I will always defend anyone's right to disagree on any topic; however, as a Christian, I will go see this film, rejoice in my Savior's sacrifice for a sinner such as I, and will thoughtfully reflect on what it is I should be doing and not doing. As for those who oppose such a film as this, they can go see it and critique it for themselves or stay away; but let's not judge this effort if you don't go see it. Sorta judging a book by its cover, or a pistol or rifle while still NIB.[:)]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!