In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Prayer request

2»

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow afternoon. To reattach the tendon to the top of my arm. 6 weeks with it in a sling. Dr. said not to move the upper arm at all. About a hour surgery. It's going to be a long time until July.
    edited November -1
    Please pray for my son Josh. He is in danger of harming himself and I've done all I can do, but he is going over the edge.

I know he has problems, and I know he has brought most of them on himself, but he is my son, and I love him.

Thank you in advance,

Danny and Sandy
    edited November -1
    Please have a prayer and kind thought for Wanda.
    Jay Wesley Core, my father, passed recently.

Veteran of WWII and KHP Trooper for thirty years (1953-1983)with the Kansas Highway Patrol.

Prayers for strength and comfort for Wanda would be greatly appreciated as he was the center of her world as she was for him.

and for those who understand pegs down.

Thanks to all of you.

Scott
    edited November -1
    my wife just got off the phone with her aunt. she told the wife that her daughter has colon and rectal cancer
    i ask that you will pray for her
    Diane is only 50
    thanks
    edited November -1
    OK so I guess this is my first time doing this. An employee of mine was having some chest pain the week before last. He got off the riding mower and laid down. He went through the weekend and got scared by monday (never wanted to go to the doctors for years). He finally went and got an EKG, which was normal (last wed morning) Come Wed eve, the paramedics were doing CPR. Long story short, he didn't make it. At 56yrs old, I find this hard to fathom.

His wife is one of my office staff that does an outstanding job. They are both like family to me. His wife, Linda, is devastated. After almost 29yrs of marriage, they still kissed goodbye every day and even held hands in public. I have been talking to her to try and get her head on straight. I have also told her daughter to make sure she takes the medication the doctor gave her, since I KNOW how much this is crushing her. She has said that if she didn't have a daughter, there would be no reason for her to be here any longer. During our talk, I told her how envious I am of the marriage she had. These two were truley best friends, even after almost 29yrs.

She called this morning and asked if I could be a pallbearer, and even though I think I have strained a chest muscle this weekend, I did not have the heart to tell her. I will carry his casket and not show a sign of pain if I can help it.

Please throw a prayer up for a woman whom I think of as family. She is salt of the earth and devastated at this point. She has a long road without her best friend, and I am worried about her and her daughter.
    edited November -1
    I've never asked for a prayer request, but I could use a few prayers sent this way.

My wife found 3 lumps in her breast last week.
    I've been working too many hours out of town to post lately.

Thanks everyone.
    edited November -1
    I don't do this often but please offer up one for my best friend and his family. His mother was watching her grandkids this afternoon . She got up to go to the restroom when she fell over and died from a stroke. Please say one for the kids who watched their grandma die in front of them. I know that has to tear them up inside.
    edited November -1
    I don't care what your religious persuasion is, or even if you pray, all I ask is if you do pray please say a prayer for my hubbie. If you don't pray, just think positive thoughts for him.

Since his two surgeries last year he has had a lingering, raspy voice. At first we thought it was from having major surgery in February and then having another the next month (March for those of you who are calendar challenged). We thought at first that having a tube down his throat had irritated it and it would just take time to recover.

As time passed he didn't improve, but had sinus issues, bronchitis, etc. so still no large alarm bells sounding. Went to have the bronchitis taken care of a few weeks ago and the GP sent him to an ENT.

He saw the ENT yesterday. He has a growth on his vocal cords. He is scheduled for out patient surgery on the 16th to have it removed. They will biopsy the growth and go from there.

Some of you may recall he had prostate surgery last February. His PSA has not dropped to 0 yet and now we have this growth. We need prayers and well wishes, lots of them.

Thanks folks.
    edited November -1
    One of the officers at the company I work for was stabbed/cut badly tonight. Please say a prayer for him and his family!
    Thanks in advance.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done here.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent and will continue...

denny & family
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Danny,

You know that you can count on us!

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    consider it done.

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • BerettafanBerettafan Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My prayers are on their way, and I will continue to keep them in prayer.

All it takes for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration; the streets are safer, the police are more effective, and the rest of the world will follow us into history--Hitler 1937
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Will do Heff!!!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You got it Heff!

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope they are Christians. I would know of no other way to survive the loss of a child without complete faith in God.

Realizing we belong to God--are his to do with as He pleases, including our children, puts it in perspective. Our children don't belong to us...we are only caretakers of them. They belong to God and He can call them (and us) home any time He chooses.

Your friends have my prayers.

Rafter-S
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Consider it done

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [;)]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Count me in.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent w/more to come!

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too know the true sorrow in this, greef is the most powerful of all emotions. My on going prayers are with them. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your path straight.

psalms 16
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Prayers done here!!!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    I lost my brother 10 yrs ago to cancer and though my parents were married for 50 yrs at the time I saw how it changed the both of them. No thought of divorce, but, it put them on a different plane for about 4 yrs until we (sister and me) kinda brought them back to the world of the living.

Prayers Sent and will continue.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    done

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I am in on this one. Praying they will let someone else carry this cross it has to be heavy. Friends of mine lost their 20 year old son and a 17 year old girl riding with him on his snowmobile. I see what it has done to our friends. I also saw what it did to my cousin and his wife.

Every parent's worst nightmare.

Too much for a man or a woman to carry on their own. Prayers are sent.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Rafter is right.

I will pray that their love for eachother prevails through
    this great loss of their child. This loss has to be as
    dark as the deepest night to loose your son or daughter.

A friend sent me this today, and I found comfort in it.

Saved By the Toilet

. . . (F)or he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    -- Hebrews 13:5

I had this funny friend. She made my cheeks hurt from an excess of laughing. I scolded her for being so hard on my face - the last thing it needed.

I lay there in the hospital after giving birth to a 9 1/2-pounder, and had to listen to her making wisecracks, extremely graphic and highly inappropriate, that made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to give birth again.

She was super-smart, super-organized, capable, sensitive and thoughtful, the last person you'd expect to become a desperate, suicidal alcoholic.

But she did.

It's a long, sad, familiar story. Stuff went wrong. Real wrong.

She got down on herself. She slipped into self-destructive habits. The wit and wisecracks left her. She put up a good front for years and few people knew, but her private hours were black and blue. She felt all alone. She ate and ate and ate, and drank and drank and drank.

Then one terrible night, she tried to kill herself.

I still can't believe she did this. There are so many better, smarter ways of dealing with life's problems. Being stupid is just not like her. But one night, she hit bottom. She drank a whole bottle of booze, swallowed a whole bottle of pills, and stretched out her body on her lonely bed.

She had had it. This was the end. She was going to die.

But she forgot about one thing:

The female bladder.

She didn't know how long she had been laying there. She just knew that all of a sudden, she had to ''go.''

In her drugged state, it never occurred to her that, if you're going to die by your own hand in a few minutes, anyway, you might as well wet the bed. People are already going to be mad at you.

But nooooo. Ever the perfectionist, she had to get up and go to the bathroom. Somehow, she managed to stagger in there and onto the toilet.

Her head was spinning from the booze and the pills. Her body was heavy and leaden. Her muscles went off duty. She was dizzy. As she stood up from the toilet and turned to flush, she lost her balance and fell backwards < crash! smash!

Somehow, she broke the toilet.

Water seeped out from the toilet tank onto the bathroom floor where she lay. She may have passed out, but the cold water woke her up at least partly. She came up on all fours. She forgot the suicide attempt and how she got there. She was woozy. But her heavy-lidded eyes saw the water pooling up on the floor.

''Heyyy!'' her foggy brain thought. ''There's a leak!''

She crawled and dragged herself to the telephone. In her fog, she couldn't remember the apartment manager's phone number. The only phone number she could remember was ''911.''

So she dialed it. And, in her drugged-out, boozed-up state, slurring her words and making very little sense, she reported that there was a leak on her bathroom floor.

The 911 operator was sharp. She knew the call was about a lot more than a leaky toilet. She knew what an O.D. sounded like. She got my friend's address and sent a rescue squad.

My friend passed out again, but they broke down the door and got her to the hospital. They had to pump her stomach and I don't know what all.

She lived, though.

She had help.

She thought she was alone, that night.

She wasn't.

She forgot that Someone had promised to always be with her.

He didn't.

She didn't think her life was worth living.

He did.

If God can use crazy things like a pillar of fire, a talking donkey and the belly of a whale to get people's attention and show us His love, why not a life-saving toilet?

My funny friend put it this way: she was saved . . . by the ''throne'' of grace.

Prayer request: If there's anyone in your life who might be struggling with despair and depression, tell them this story -- not for them to ''test'' God, but for them to realize that He really is with us, every minute of every day on earth. (Romans 8:38,39).

Susan Darst Williams

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    prayers sent

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    it's there already!

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif