In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HI!

CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
hi im ECC's daughter Erika....
[:)]

Comments

• CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember me, its your favorite atv racing, nonpic posting, gun ignornat, bad spelling, mad at all men, redhead( HI!! ) Never did post that pic did I. sorry. Now wait before u boys go and get the pitch forks and tourches and throw a rope on a big tree. I have an honest question. The question is if you have a grand to spend on a gun what would you get? trying to get some B-day ideas for a good friend.
    would like to have ideas for self defense type stuff.
    thank u fellas in advance and hopefully this doesn't get poof before I can get some I ideas
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not interested today Cutie.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome back

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Welcome Cutiegirlracing to GB If you want to spend that much you can but you dont have to. Is it for self defense of the home or person or both. I would get something that not every one has. Make it different. My choice would be the S&W 1076 10mm hand gun and make it the FBI version. It is a very good hand gun. S&W does not make it any more. It will be a subject for conversation at the range. My 2 cents. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cgr: I have been detumescent since your last post. Now, vibrant and restored to full length and girth with your return, I suggest either a Kohler or American Standard b-day for your friend.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    [?][?][?][?][?]

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15896299

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What DWS said.[:D][}:)][}:)][:D]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the new Smithinski & Wessonovich Polish target pistol. Should work perfectly for you or your friend.[:D]
    smithinski.jpg

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say break up all that cash and get him two or three guns. For that you could get him a nice home defense shotgun, a handgun, and something interesting like those new Kel-tec fold up .40 S&W carbines. Just my opinion -- I like opening more than one present.
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    If you are serious try any of the Para Ordnance LDA models and a little KelTec for fun/carry.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Someone has too much time on there hands today.

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Detumescent" - Overheard the old girl using that word in a conversation with her sister. They stopped speaking when I entered the room. Wonder what it means?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Welcome back...it's not necessarily for home defense, but for a couple hundred more than that, you could get a real nice AR-30 in 338 Lapua. I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. Are you going to stick around this time?[:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
    edited November -1
    a lot of us are chipping in on this, and we want a gun to respresent our friendship with him and our love for each other. (like) he has and old 22 rifle doesnt even work anymore, but he say he will never sell it because it is a symbol of his youth, of times when guns ownship was not so complicted, of times when it was just a boy and his 22. (does that make since?) so it has to be one gun but something that will worth being a friendship symbol not just a good gun. he likes miltiary and self defensive type guns , but I did see a really nice over under shot gun not to long ago that would do nice too. So the ideas are really open but leaning towards self defensive right not.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Is that Halibut or Cod?

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
    edited November -1
    If you want it to be a memorable gun then I suggest something that doesn't have the tactical swat-team/military look to it. Instead go for something that has a bright blued finish, maybe some engraving, and beautiful wood. A real nice shotgun or rifle would fit the bill.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a Kimber .45 ACP [?]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pawn, either way, it's a bottom feeder...[}:)]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    Is that Halibut or Cod?

I think it's TROLL [:D]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
    IMG_8700.jpg
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nothing like a sweet old octagon barrel lever gun & single action wheel gun that match......we all have dreams
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Just send me the cash and I'll take it from there. You do trust me don't you?

detumescent- how a boomer feels when he can't have his cake and eat it too

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Side by Side , what else ?

If you got the cash , go for class [:)] .

Have guns,will travel
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No suggestions,

BUT

Still WAITING.........[}:)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by interstatepawnllc
    Is that Halibut or Cod?

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.

Sniff, sniff.............sniff, sniff, sniff...I can't tell?[xx(][:(]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Humm.. almost 3 hours since the post. Last time you bragged how you got the guys to run up 500 hits the first hour. Seems your popularity has gone away.. sniff ... sniff... sniff..
    edited November -1
    boy, selectfire, you must have a good life you to make you want to sit in front of the computer for 3 hours and do nothing but watch this post are u sure those tears are for me? you need a hug?.[V]
    so far I like spas's idea of a level action gun, but maybe not the matching pistol. but maybe a gold and black rifle and then have a custom case with a glass front to hang on the wall like a big picture maybe, and have a plaque made with everyone signing it. Thanks spas I for the idea I think that might be the way to go. I think DBV is right maybe a "black gun" wouldn't be the best memorable gun.
    thanks guys still would like to heard more ideas if anyone else has them.
    catfish are the best bottom feeders esp deep fried with beer batter[:D][:D]
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, what the hell is a level action gun. Second of all, you're white trash, get lost, you're downgrading my property.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a pair of consecutive serial numbered Jennings .22s for only $995.00 shipped to your FFL with no extra charge for the shipping and handling.
    [^]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
    edited November -1
    Just a thought -- how about we all settle down a bit. As long as this person is asking a legitimate question and not turning the board into a circus I don't see any need to be rude.
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the gun is to be symbolic and functional a nice engraved piece such as a S&W Model 27 N Frame .357 Mag would be nice.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    First of all, what the hell is a level action gun. Second of all, you're white trash, get lost, you're downgrading my property.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com

hi ruger let me get this staight you're calling me white trash? Aren't you the 19 year old white collar wannable who works at a gas station? get one thing staight living with your parents is not called property ownership. it's not your property it's your moms so won't you come out of HER yard, and on to the street, and say that or better yet go have her wipe your nose so she can tuck you in.
    I live in a 2 story house with a full basement on 30 acres by myself, (whats your room look like?)now won't YOU run off before you BRING MY PROPERTY VALUE down. see ya ruger270boy. [:(]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Go Red.

Get him an HK tactical .45

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Back[;)],I will say just jump on the band wagon and get him a
    Yugo SKS for under $150.00 its a Fun gun to play with and has some military features without being a "black rifle". If i got one as a gift i would be happy[:D]......OH, by the way Where is my pic?[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I have seen some nice Remchesters lately,in the 2x69 caliber..ought to be about a grand...

Also,the brass PepperBox is a nice piece to contemplate..well worth the money.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    a Kimber .45 ACP [?] FrancF - You read my mind!

Series 1 Kimber Pro Carry CDP

k9bootcamp_1071242505_DSCN4403.JPG

Not my auction but you can find it here:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=15802922

If I didn't already have one I'd buy it!

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me thinks she is getting slightly PO'd.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    She's not old enough to buy a handgun

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers
  • ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is starting to become entertaining....remchester?? i might be able to find a coltamatic or a smithica somewhere.[:p]
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess were not into offering second chances, eh?

Let me get the "flak vest" setting up on my firewall.

To make fun of the ignorant is to expose your own ignorance.

Hi Cutiegirl, welcome back. I hope our discussion is still in your mind. My offer still stands and may help with your acceptance back here. I think a lever gun is a good pick, I'm looking at one now, Winchester model 94. Classic looks, solid design, and reasonably priced. Between $150-300.

James
    royalthaiarmy.gifrtaflag.jpg
    Do your troops train with live cobras? ROYAL THAI ARMY DOES!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kuhlewulf
    I guess were not into offering second chances, eh?

Let me get the "flak vest" setting up on my firewall.

To make fun of the ignorant is to expose your own ignorance.

Hi Cutiegirl, welcome back. I hope our discussion is still in your mind. My offer still stands and may help with your acceptance back here. I think a lever gun is a good pick, I'm looking at one now, Winchester model 94. Classic looks, solid design, and reasonably priced. Between $150-300.

James
    royalthaiarmy.gifrtaflag.jpg
    Do your troops train with live cobras? ROYAL THAI ARMY DOES!

hi wolf, i remember our talk, your right guess I still got some maturing to do myself. [V] i going to going look for lever actions "RIFLES" this week is winchester a good one? do they make octogon barrels and make them in silver or gold?[8)]
    I even thought 2 matching 6 shooters in the frame I mention, but that might be more than we can spend?
    thanks