In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ManCow waterboarded live, now says its torture

2»

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I really don't know what the true definition is of "waterboarding" but when this first came up a few of us nuts tried it on each other.

We used the table and cloth with water being poured on the cloth.

One guy flipped out just like "fatso" in 2 seconds,.....another guy lasted about 30 seconds.

I lasted for about 4 minutes.
    Most of it is fear, the rest is about controlling your breathing.
    If you have ever used a Scott pak, or a gas mask, you must learn to breathe shallow. If you hyperventilate it's all over.
    Many folks panic over the feeling of water flowing into their nose, and that is what causes the short outcomes.

I can hold my breath for an extended period of time, plus there is no law as far as I have read about the technique to blow the air out of your mouth forcefully, and then take a breath through the nose quickly. You must be able to handle swallowing some water without choking, and breathing at the same time.

I believe I could have gone longer, but the dolts started really pouring it to me after a couple minutes.
    Yes,......we really did this to each other.

I have no issue with it being used on terrorists, and far worse things.
    I also could care less what McCain thinks about this.

Some of you guys need to give it a try,......seriously!

You didn't do it right. You needed to be restrained with your hands tied at your side. Your head and body needed to be at a 20 degree head down attitude so gravity would pull the water into your mouth and nostrils. The towel needed to cover your whole face and drape down on both sides so it got heavy when it got saturated. The water would be poured continuously from about three or four feet above you. At 20 seconds it would stop. Five seconds later it would start again and go another 20 seconds. You would have five seconds to give up or it would start again. All the while, you are drowning.
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    i think alot of people (bleeding hearts) have gotten the hero,s mixed up with the villian,s. eastbank.

Would you prefer no heroes and all villians?

ManCow waterboarded live, now says its torture

As one who has been waterboarded, I've told you this before. All you brave guys that want to torture people need to line up and let me drown you. I'll stop after only two minutes if you haven't cried uncle by then.
    Drown=dead.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I really don't know what the true definition is of "waterboarding" but when this first came up a few of us nuts tried it on each other.

We used the table and cloth with water being poured on the cloth.

One guy flipped out just like "fatso" in 2 seconds,.....another guy lasted about 30 seconds.

I lasted for about 4 minutes.
    Most of it is fear, the rest is about controlling your breathing.
    If you have ever used a Scott pak, or a gas mask, you must learn to breathe shallow. If you hyperventilate it's all over.
    Many folks panic over the feeling of water flowing into their nose, and that is what causes the short outcomes.

I can hold my breath for an extended period of time, plus there is no law as far as I have read about the technique to blow the air out of your mouth forcefully, and then take a breath through the nose quickly. You must be able to handle swallowing some water without choking, and breathing at the same time.

I believe I could have gone longer, but the dolts started really pouring it to me after a couple minutes.
    Yes,......we really did this to each other.

I have no issue with it being used on terrorists, and far worse things.
    I also could care less what McCain thinks about this.

Some of you guys need to give it a try,......seriously!

You didn't do it right. You needed to be restrained with your hands tied at your side. Your head and body needed to be at a 20 degree head down attitude so gravity would pull the water into your mouth and nostrils. The towel needed to cover your whole face and drape down on both sides so it got heavy when it got saturated. The water would be poured continuously from about three or four feet above you. At 20 seconds it would stop. Five seconds later it would start again and go another 20 seconds. You would have five seconds to give up or it would start again. All the while, you are drowning.

I wish to be totally honest about this as I did do it.
    We slanted a table with shims, but didn't check the angle. I feel certain it was less than 20 degrees though.

Water was poured from a sprinkler can with the nozzle removed so it was a solid stream. Probably poured from 2 feet, or less.

No restraints either.
    Everything else was about the same as you describe. I didn't say it was pleasant by any means.

I was simply saying that anyone that was interested should try it.
    As stated there was a huge difference in reaction among the few of us that did it.

Obviously I was not being held prisoner either, so "that" fear did not exist. I was giving my personal impression and nothing more.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4 minutes huh? Now that explains everything.[8D]
    She said it was only 2 minutes. [:D]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    4 minutes huh? Now that explains everything.[8D]
    She said it was only 2 minutes. [:D]

Being hounded by an amateur comedian is REAL torture![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I went through SERE school in the Navy they water boarded several of the people in the class.
    Most of them said they would have sold their mother to stay off it again.
    AC