In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question about Jesus

concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
After reading the post about that new film as well as all the media-hype I remembered a question I had about Jesus. Maybe somebody here can explain this to me.

Wasn't Jesus supposed to be a Jew? If so, why aren't Jewish people Christians? Did the Jewish people kill Jesus or the Arabs? I just don't understand.

Thanks,
G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security

Comments

• NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Being a Jew is being part of an entire race, your birth inheritance. Being a believing Jew ...well, there have always been many side branches of doctine among the Jews. The Christians were at first just one of these.

Why aren't all Jews Christians, since Jesus was a Jew? Because this is not a matter of birth, but of belief. A Christian must accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. Most Jews don't.

On the other hand (said Tevya) there are some Jewish Christians, people born into the Jewish race but believing in the fullness of Jesus' identity.

Confusing enough?
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Yes he was a Jew. And so are all Christians. Judaism is the Religion of the Father, and Jesus made it clear that he was not correcting any mistakes in the books. You must believe in the Old Testament in its entirety to accept the New Testement as Truth. The Blood is on all of our hands, and forgiveness is offered to everyone, that's the way I was taught; however, I am a Catholic, so I might not even be a Christian.[;)]
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, no wonder I'm confused. I apprecaite the responses guys but I still don't understand!

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Jesus was born a Jew and crucified by Romans (Italians).

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    As I understand, the Jews who follow the Jewish religion do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah. They don't believe Jesus is the savior that was described in prophecy to them in the old testament thus they do not believe in the New Testament or the teachings of Christ. Christ had to die in order to fulfill the prophesy, who was directly responsible for his death is actually irrelevant because he had to die in order to fulfill Gods promise and allow mankind to be obsolved of sin.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imagine tommarrow a man comes forward named Bob.Bob says he is the second coming of Christ.Those who believe it and the Old and New Testament are now Bobites,those who do not remain Christians.Hope that analogy clears that part up.

Now about Jesus being a Jew.Yes his he was born into a Jewish family but his teaching steered him away from the organized Jewish Church of the time though not away from God.Jesus did not go around preaching you had to follow the rules of a particular organized religion or race and what they tought and preached,but the rules of God.

Were to be a Jew you mantained a Jewish blood line in race and religion Jesus sent out his followers to teach his ways,which was the word of God to all.Were the Jewish church was exclusive,Jesus was inclusive.To enter the gates of heaven you lived by Gods laws and not some rituals of a organized religion or born into a particular race.

CWatson
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Arab's were not around yet, really...They were Jews. The Koran and the Old Testement are near Identical. It wasn't until the Prophet Muhammed came around that there was a clear division between Jews and Muslims, as I understand. But, the Jewish Elders put out a death warrant on Jesus to Pontious Pilate because Jesus "Made himself the Son of God", and therefore made himself a King. Pontious Pilate said "I find no fault with this man" and wished to release him, so the Jewish elders claimed that anyone who made himself a King committed a crime against Ceasar, and put it back in Pilates lap to enforce that Ceasar's law. Pilate still wanted to release him so he found the Passover Loophole that said he could release one prisoner of the People's choice because he did not want Jesus' blood on his hands. The people chose Barrabas. So Pilate said, here is your man(Jesus), take him and do what you want and know that "I find no fault in him." So they took him and Crucified himm. Pilate ordered them to place on the cross where the crime was to be listed "This is The King of the Jews"(might be misquoted). It was ordered to be printed in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek so that everyone who could read any of the languages would know.
    Ben
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even the word Messiah has come to have a different meaning today than in 1st century Judea. Messiah meant king then, not savior in the Christian sense, thus Pilots reference to "King of the Jews." Jesus (Jesua) was born a jew and was probably a member of the
    Essene sect. Clearly he was schooled in the prophesies (he was likely a trained Rebbi, there is no biblical reference to him being a carpenter, like Joseph)and his ministry shows that he arranged things to fulfill the prophesies of the coming of the Messiah. Two of the Gospels relate the lineage of Jesus showing he was decended through Mary from the House of David, and was thus a legitemate claimant to the throne of David, i.e. literally "King of the Jews." Not all Jews accepted him as the Messiah, in fact the vast majority did not. He was crucified by Pontius Pilot, the Roman Procurator of Judea at the behest of the Sanhedrin, the Occupied Jewish ruling council, who saw him as a distinct threat to their political and ecumenical power.

He Dog
  • 2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason Jesus was killed on the cross was not because of Jews or Romans it wasn't even for Christians. It was for the sins of the world because of the sins of everyone including those not yet born. He paid for all sin all time. Even for your and my sin. For All have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. Jesus was without sin. Only under the Grace of Jesus can anyone able to make the decision enter into heaven. What I mean by (make the decision) is for example a child of three years old isn't old enough to understand that they are sinners and cannot truly ask to be saved or reject Christ. There for they are not judged by GOD. We however are old enough to either accept or reject Christ therefor we will be judged.

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force

It's not gun control.It's personal defence elemanation. They only want to control ours.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    He Dog: quote:Two of the Gospels relate the lineage of Jesus showing he was decended through Mary from the House of David, and was thus a legitemate claimant to the throne of David, i.e. literally "King of the Jews." Why is it necessary for a deity to have human lineage? BTW, the two lineages differ so it is obvious at the very least that one of them is false; most likely, they are both false and were written in an attempt to give "authority" to Jesus.[}:)]

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
    Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    No, JESUS WAS NOT A JEW. He was an Hebrew of Judea. There is no "Jewish race". A "Jew" is a practitioner of the religion of Judaism.
  • beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by concealedG36
    After reading the post about that new film as well as all the media-hype I remembered a question I had about Jesus. Maybe somebody here can explain this to me.

Wasn't Jesus supposed to be a Jew? If so, why aren't Jewish people Christians? Did the Jewish people kill Jesus or the Arabs? I just don't understand.

Thanks,
    G36

[/size=1][/blue]

The simple answer is the Jewish religious leaders were jealous of Jesus and did not believe He was the Messiah prophecized of in the old testament. Most Jews still reject Jesus as the Messiah today, so do many other people and religions. A Christian is one who believes the claims of Jesus and ask Jesus to save them from their sins.

Bruce
  • GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What even try to make sense of it?.....
    First of all, a women can't have a baby unless she gets the hot beef injection. The story should've ended there.
    Its all a make believe fairy tale, just like the rest of the bible.
    FICTION!!!!!!!

GhostCat
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think it's necessary to characterize the Jews as "jealous" to explain this.

Jesus started out as much a Jew as any Jew of his day, apparently in Bethlehem and then in Nazareth -- as a young man he came to believe things about God that were not part of the line, and when he began teaching those things he ran afoul of the Jewish clerics, who were also community leaders, and so had some power and influence, but only under the Roman oppressors of the Jews. Jesus parted with the "Jewish faith" and went his own way.

After his death, his followers, and some were Jews, created a new religion based on his teaching which came to be known as Christianity. It is a bit like Martin Luther nailing the 95 theses on the door of a Catholic church and becoming a Protestant. Same book/basis, but different religion. Most Jews probably never heard Jesus preach and did not convert to believe he had authority to change the Jewish faith. Those who did not accept Jesus' teaching remained Jews, and those who did, whether Jewish or not, became known as "Christians."

Jesus himself bemoaned the fact that the Jews did not flock to him in larger numbers, and finally, almost in disgust, came to the point in his "ministry" where people other than "the chosen people" could become his "flock." He is characterized as being disappointed, in a way, that more Jews did not buy into his concept that "the Kingdom of Heaven/God is at hand" or that he was closer to God than they. So he settled for us Gentiles to be "saved," I guess.

I once kidded a Jewish friend at a cocktail party that "No wonder you're confused; you only read half the book!" She was not amused, nor was my host, by my sense of humor. It is risky to go for inside humor if you're not one on the inside.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
    edited November -1
    I belive the Bible .All the bible not just parts.I know I am going to heaven and that those that out right reject all or part of whats in the bible and have not or will not accept Jesus Christ as there lord and savior will die and go to hell.The only exeption to this the bible said is those whom are to young or febile minded to choose.

For those who whish to know more about how to be saved contact me at

wombogun@wmconnect.com

I am not a pastor just a follower of Christ and a sinner who is saved.

IT "S better to die by fire then serve by force

It's not gun control. It's personal defense elimination. They only want to control ours.
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    If we follow the text faithfully, yes Jesus was a Jew born of Mary a Jewess. He came to fulfill the law and prophecies. If the Jews had been faithfully adhering to the writings they would have recognized him as the Messiah. Unfortunately the common man and woman of Israel were misled by their 'religious leaders'(sound familiar) who were looking fo something other than what the scriptures offered (release from the Roman yoke).

Pontius Pilate did not want to kill Jesus but the Jews, under instigation by those same 'religious leaders' demanded his death. So Pilate gave in fearing political pressure from Rome. So who is to blame for his death? Both the Romans, by failing to administer justice, and the Jews, by failing to question their 'religious leaders', and finally all of us by extension.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    powder -- That may be overstating. If you believe Ayn Rand, and I do on this one point, "the mob" is easily led -- sometimes. The Bible suggests that the mob that attended Jesus' "trial" wavered back and forth. Certainly, the crowds where he spoke were large. So I'd agree with you that the religious leaders were villains, but I would stop short of blaming the ignorant sheep. That's just me. [;)]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

• flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Arab's were not around yet, really...They were Jews. The Koran and the Old Testement are near Identical. It wasn't until the Prophet Muhammed came around that there was a clear division between Jews and Muslims, as I understand.

Arabs (people of the Arabian Penninsula) were nomadic pagans for the most part - they were not Jews. Jews did live among them in larger settlements, however. The Koran is a collection of Mohammed's revelations from Allah, and is significantly different from the Old Testament - although the Koran does grant that Abraham, Noah, Moses, and Jesus were the first 4 of 5 prophets - Mohommed being the 5th and final prophet. Mohammed crafted his religious ideology from among various prevailing Jewish, Christian, and Pagan beliefs to create his new religion - thus making his movement more acceptable to all local factions.
    edited November -1
    Those of us who do follow the text faithfully know that nowhere in the Bible does it say that either Jesus, or any member of his family, were jews. In the scriptures where he speaks of himself, he refers to himself as being a Judean.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Those of us who do follow the text faithfully know that nowhere in the Bible does it say that either Jesus, or any member of his family, were jews. In the scriptures where he speaks of himself, he refers to himself as being a Judean.

Well since they observed the festivals of the Jews, made the sacrifices the Jews were required to make, were included in two different Jewish lineages I think we can make the leap to the 'fact' they were Jews.

Oh yea, since they were Judean that makes them members of the tribe of Judah, a Jewish tribe. The scriptures also speak of Jesus as the 'Seed of David' a Jewish King. Mary, Jesus mother, was related to Elizabeth who was from the 'daughters of Aaron', of the tribe of Levi.

If we then follow what the Bible tells us to do, to use our powers of reason, we can conclude that they were Jews.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by offeror
    powder -- That may be overstating. If you believe Ayn Rand, and I do on this one point, "the mob" is easily led -- sometimes. The Bible suggests that the mob that attended Jesus' "trial" wavered back and forth. Certainly, the crowds where he spoke were large. So I'd agree with you that the religious leaders were villains, but I would stop short of blaming the ignorant sheep. That's just me. [;)]

Offerer,

To a certain extant I can agree with what you said. I believe tho' we do share a certain amount of community responsibility if it is within our power to stop something wrong and don't, and even more so if we go along with the crowd (mob).

fa4d9fb5.jpg

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Arab's were not around yet, really...They were Jews. The Koran and the Old Testement are near Identical. It wasn't until the Prophet Muhammed came around that there was a clear division between Jews and Muslims, as I understand.

The "kings of Arabia" (or more correctly "Kings of the Arabs")were refered to in the Bible at 1 Kings 10: 15. And at least at the time of Esther the Jews were called Jews, this can also be seen by the writing of the Jewish prophets, Jerimiah and Zechariah. [647-474 B.C.E.]

Mohammed did not show up till much later[about 1000 years later 641 C.E.].

fa4d9fb5.jpg

• BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE SO MANY THEOLOGIANS ON THE FORUM.[:D]

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    2 Gun: quote:All the bible not just parts.Really? How about the part where Angels are having sex with the earth women--from whom Goliath was an offspring? How about the Unicorn? Do you believe in UFOs too? [}:)][}:)][}:)]

• GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also, what about the part where they handle posionous snakes and drink poison. Can you show me that trick?????

Talk about a brainwashed public....

GhostCat
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GhostCat
    Also, what about the part where they handle posionous snakes and drink poison. Can you show me that trick?????

Talk about a brainwashed public....

GhostCat

They never did that in the Bible, those statements were illustrations only to get a point across. They were not meant to be taken literaly when we investigate the context.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

edited November -1
    Judea was a region, not a tribe. Judaism is a religion, not a race. The term "jew" did not appear in the Bible until the 18th century, when it was inserted to refer to people who practice the religion of Judaism, or members of the tribe of Judah. Jesus' family did not participate in the jewish festivals or sacrifices you've dreamed up. David and Elizabeth were of Hebrew lineage. The religious sect existant in the Judea of Jesus' time were the Pharisees. Jesus strongly disliked Pharisees, thus his statement "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye generation of Vipers".

One who actually studies the Bible and has eyes to see and ears to hear can deduce the fact that Jesus was not a jew.
    edited November -1
    Rocklobster: quote:One who actually studies the Bible and has eyes to see and ears to hear can deduce the fact that Jesus was not a jew.You are absolutely right! Jesus was a Greek philosopher who traveled to the Orient, met some Buddhist monks and began preaching this combined Greco-Buddhist philosophy.

Since he spoke poor Hebrew (he spoke Aramaic, Greek, Hindu, and Chinese), when someone asked him if he was the Messiah, he said yes, but he thought that he was responding that he was a philosopher!

Talk about getting history messed up--even today, for example, some confused people think he rose from the dead!! [}:)][}:)][;)]

edited November -1
    But the ones who are not confused know it!
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Jesus was born a Jew and crucified by Romans (Italians).

[:D] I'm not sure if you were sober when writing this. It is hillarious[:D][:D]

One question -- what the hell does that mean[?][?][:D][:D]

LMAO, don't even know why this strikes me as comical.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpgpost2002-ib.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackieBooger
    i DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE SO MANY THEOLOGIANS ON THE FORUM.[:D]

Lol, me neither[:D][:D]

Frog

divemed1sm.jpgpost2002-ib.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Judea was a region, not a tribe. Judaism is a religion, not a race. The term "jew" did not appear in the Bible until the 18th century, when it was inserted to refer to people who practice the religion of Judaism, or members of the tribe of Judah. Jesus' family did not participate in the jewish festivals or sacrifices you've dreamed up. David and Elizabeth were of Hebrew lineage. The religious sect existant in the Judea of Jesus' time were the Pharisees. Jesus strongly disliked Pharisees, thus his statement "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye generation of Vipers".

One who actually studies the Bible and has eyes to see and ears to hear can deduce the fact that Jesus was not a jew.

I see you percieve yourself a Biblical scholar. Perhaps a humble person like I can point out a few facts for your scholarly consideration. The term Jew was in the Bible from the time of Jeremiah the prophet [circa 647 B.C.E.,over 2600 years ago]The region of Judea was originally settle by the tribe of Judah. Many would still have claimed hereditary possessions there, though by the time Jesus was alive those claims may not have been valid.

Please note for your consideration the following observances of the Mosaic law by Jesus family.

Luke 2: 21-And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JE'SUS which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. 22- And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished they brought him to Jerusalem to present him to the lord.....24-And to offer a sacrifice according lto that which is said in the law of th Lord. A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

Luke 2:41-Now his parents were accustomed t go from year to year to Jerusalem for the festival of the passover. 42-And when he became twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the festival

On these quotes if the language/verbage is not exactly like in your Bible please allow for different versions. I'm sure you'll see the meaning is the same.

As far as Elisabeth being Hebrew, that is true, the Jews were originally as a people all Hebrew, before it was a religious designation it was a term of ethnicity.

The Pharisees and Saducees both were sects of the Jews. They both did exist in Jesus time and were both condemned by him for religious hypocrisy (sp).

fa4d9fb5.jpg

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Jesus was Jewish. He claimed to be the Messiah and proved it by the way he lived (and died), but the Jews - not all of them, but many of them - did not accept him as the Messiah, because they were thinking more on a horizontal level.

Since he did not fit their understanding, then he was to be killed because he was a blasphemer - making himself out to be God when he was not (according to them).

They wanted to be free of Roman control, and they thought the Messiah would bring that freedom. Jesus came to really set them free ... free from sin!

May God bless y'al real good!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Why is it necessary for a deity to have human lineage?

Don't be fatuous Hairy. I said nothing whatever about deity. He quite literally claimed to be king of the jews and had the lineage to prove it. Two in fact and he may well have been decended from David through two lines of decent. Thus, both may well be correct.

He Dog
    edited November -1
    He Dog: quote:He quite literally claimed to be king of the jews and had the lineage to prove it. THOUSANDS of decendents from David could make such a claim--what's your point? I suspect the reason for posting the lineage was to establish his "authority" to CONvince the Jews he was the Messiah. He failed to do so, but succeeded with the Gentiles who were ignorant of the meaning of the Tanach. Next. [;)]

• dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Could this be why Israel is in its current state? Punishment by God for the rejection of his son? It wouldn't be the first time they screwed up.
    edited November -1
    I perceive myself as nothing. I have been trying to share knowledge gained by biblical study, beyond that gained by dozing in a pew for one hour a week, listening to someone's opinions. This lie about Jesus having been a jew is a hoax that has been perpetrated on the Christian community for years. Consider this:

JESUS WAS NOT A JEW!
    By Benjamin. H. Freedman, [A Hebrew] Historian - Researcher - Scholar.
    From Common Sense, 2-1-53 and 5-1-59; reprinted in The Christian Guard Dispatch 76-77.

"Christians Duped By The Unholiest Hoax in All History, By So-Called Jews. This is Considered Their Most Effective Weapon."

"This 'big lie' technic [sic] is brainwashing U.S.A. Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 19th A.D. century to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable."

"U.S.A. Christians little suspect they are being brainwashed twenty-four hours of every day over television and radio, by newspapers and magazines, by motion pictures and plays, by books, by political leaders in office and seeking office, by religious leaders in their pulpits and outside their churches, by leaders in the field of education inside and outside their cirricular activities, and by all leaders in business, professions and finance, whose economic security demands that they curry the favor of so-called "Jews" of historic Khazar ancestry. Unsuspecting Christians are subjected to this barrage from sources they have little reason to suspect.

Incontestible facts supply the unchallengable [sic] proof of the historic accuracy that so-called "Jews" throughout the world today of eastern European origin are unquestionably the historic descendants of the Khazars, a pagan Turco-Finn ancient Mongoloid nation deep in the heart of Asia, according to history, who battled their way in bloody wars about the 1st century B.C. into eastern Europe where they set up their Khazar kingdom. For some mysterious reason the history of the Khazar kingdom is conspicuous by its absence from history courses in the schools and colleges.

The historic existence of the Khazar kingdom of so-called "Jews", their rise and fall, the permanent disappearance of the Khazar kingdom as a nation from the map of Europe, and how King Bulan and the Khazar nation in 720 A.D. became so-called "Jews" by conversion, were concealed from U.S.A. Christians by censorship imposed by so-called "Jews", of historic Khazar ancestry, upon all U.S.A. media of mass communications directed by them. Then in 1945 this author [Benjamin. H. Freedman] gave nation-wide publicity to his many years intensive research into the "facts of life" concerning Khazars. The disclosures were sensational and very effective but apparently angered so-called "Jews" who have continued to vent their spleen upon this author since then solely for that reason. Since 1946 they have conducted a vicious smear campaign against this author, seeking thus to further conceal these facts, for obvious reasons.

What have they to fear from the truth?

"In an original 1903 edition of the Jewish Encyclopedia in New Yorks's Public Library, and in the Library of Congress, Volume IV, pages 1 to 5 inclusive, appears a most comprehensive history of the Khazars. Also in the New York Public Library are 327 books by the world's greatest historians and other sources of reference, in addition to the Jewish Encyclopedia, dealing with Khazar history, and written between the 3rd A.D. and 20th centuries by contemporaries of the Khazars and by modern historians on that subject."

Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew.

During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In neither of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew", just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in all the recorded history that there is a record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same.

Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".

WHO WAS THE FIRST JEW ?

We know that Saul was the first king of Israel and that John was the first man called Baptist but who was the first jew ? Neither Adam Seth or Noah are called jew. Nor were Abraham Isaac or Jacob. Moses was not called a jew and neither were Saul David or Solomon called jew. In fact you will not find the word jew in the first eleven books of the Bible.

The first time jews are mentioned in the Bible is in 2nd Kings 16:6 where we find Israel was at war with the jews and drave the jews from Elath. Isn't it interesting that we can read over five hundred pages of the bible before we find a jew [sic] anywhere yet those who call themselves jew [sic] today claim the first five books of the bible and call it their Torah.

Do you not find it very [sic] strange that those who claim to have written the first five books of the bible and call themselves jew [sic], can't find the word jew written in the book anywhere they call their own bible and claim to have written ?

Jesus Christ tells John in Revelation 2:9 "I know the blasphemy of them which say they are jews [sic] and are not but are the SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN ". We know that God changed the name of Abram to Abraham Gen. 17:5 and that God changed the name of Jacob to Israel Gen. 32:28 but no where in the bible do we find where God changed the name of his chosen people Israel to jew [sic]! Therefore there is no authority by which those who say they are jews [sic] can claim to be Israel !

By the time of Jesus the word Edom or Edomite had been translated by Greek and Latin into ae-Ioudaios-Iudaeusalso including in this meaning were the terms Judea-Judean or person living in Judea. The original King James version of the Bible 1611 translated Idumaean - Judean into Iewes. It wasn't until the revised editions of the King James Bible, that the word jew [sic] appeared (after the year 1900 ). The word jew [sic] does not mean Israel or Israelite! We must therefore conclude that the first jews were Canaanite-Edomite-Hittite. It is certain according to the Bible that Khazar jews [sic] are not Israel. [From the Christian Guard Dispatch 76-77]
    edited November -1
    As I said I believe All the BIBLE as it is written. I thank you for allowing me to confess this publicly . Please do not mock the Bible you may mock me all you want. I ask this not for me but so you may not incur the wrath of God. Even if you do not believe it will not harm you not to mock the Bible but it saddens me greatly to here the bible mocked. The bible is the inspired word of God breathed by the breath of God. It is the standard for which I judge and try to live my life. If you wish to cruse me then I will bless you. You may not respect me and that's OK. But please don't mock my God.

IT "S better to die by fire then serve by force

It's not gun control. It's personal defense elimination. They only want to control ours.
    edited November -1
    2 Gun: quote:The bible is the inspired word of God breathed by the breath of God. Into whose ears? That statement comes from a superstitious man to CONvince other superstitious men; that's all it is.

Enjoy your superstitions if you wish, but please, if you don't want your beliefs "mocked" don't post comments that will attract a response that you may not appreciate.

You have the absolute right to believe in whatever you wish--if you want to believe a man was killed and came back to life, that's okay, for no harm is done to anyone--and to say whatever you wish, but you do not have the right to deny others the same rights. [}:)][}:)][}:)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    He Dog: quote:He quite literally claimed to be king of the jews and had the lineage to prove it. THOUSANDS of decendents from David could make such a claim--what's your point? I suspect the reason for posting the lineage was to establish his "authority" to CONvince the Jews he was the Messiah. He failed to do so, but succeeded with the Gentiles who were ignorant of the meaning of the Tanach. Next. [;)]

Hairy,

He did convince thousands of Jews he was the messiah. The religious leaders opposed and obscured his message and the fact he was the Messiah. As was prophetically foretold then the way was made open to the gentiles.

fa4d9fb5.jpg