In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

question

young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
What would cause a couple inches play in the front tire on a 99 suburban. Started hearing a rubbing noise. Figured it was the breaks jacked up the front end and noticed there was play in the front passenger tire. I can move it a couple inches in all directions.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    When do we finally say its a UN problem let them handle it. How much money does the USA give the UN so they can do something.

Want to tell me if this is not the UN's job, what their job is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    do you object to a violent criminal from ever having access to a guns for the rest of his life?

if not why?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am watching the hostage situation of the man who took a boy and is holding up in a bomb shelter. I notice that they have what seems like hundreds of cops and army on the scene.

Why??? The guy is holed up and is not gaining help. How many people does it take to guard one man in a hole? Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This has never happened before (but I also have not shot this gun very much).

I just went and took a few shots with my Taurus 851 (hidden hammer) .38 special.

On 2 occasions it hung up like the internal trigger lock was engaged.

I need advise on this as this is my summer time carry gun and I do not want this to happen in an emergency situation.

Does this need to go back to Taurus?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ive been here a little more than a year. It took some time "to get to know the Mods" and their personalities. Seems to me the newest Mod has an itchy poofing finger, and seems alittle bit too gungho..Soooo, The question is: Have there been people assigned to the title of Moderator and subsequently had that title removed?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone here had any experience with the S&W chief special line of autos? Also where would I find a "plastic " holster for it? And what is the general opinion on them, I don"t see a lot of them being carried.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am going to trade a 357 for a 45 cal
    seneca BP---either my 3 screw ruger 357
    or model 19-4. makes no difference
    to me except someday if i want to shoot
    some stout loads.I favor keeping the ruger.
    He wants to give it to me for zip
    but i know he needs a 357.
    Also I paid $100 for the Smith
    Would like opinions.
    Thanks ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Bundy ranch situation and the supportive
    militia:

Does anyone think that "new ground" has been crossed?
    Might this be a concrete turning point
    in govt/common citizen relations?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let's say your wifey checked the mail and your monthly bonus check was there. She sends you a text telling you it's there. You are at a redlight with only a second to reply before the light changes so you send a text back that says "$$??"

What kind of answer do you expect in return?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I find out what Gun laws are in Virgina? So that I can purchase a hand gun. I would like to get a 22 Remington Rifle. To replace my old gun that I don't have anymore. I know, I would have to find a FFl dealer, and fill out whole bunch of paper work. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many GB members are in favor of the death penalty,for convicted murderers.No appeals a dead within 2 weeks.No life sentence,no appeals.And death would be VIA volunteer firing squad.<1FMJ>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Q: You are sitting behind the wheel in a car keeping a constant speed, on your left side there is an abyss. On your right side you have a fire engine and it keeps the same speed as you. In front of you runs a pig, larger than your car. A helicopter is following you, at ground level. Both the helicopter and the pig are keeping the same speed as you. What will you need to do to be able to stop?

Please scroll down.

(A) Get out of the car, step down from the merry-go-round and leave your seat to someone younger. The children's merry-go-round in the amusement park is primarily for the younger children..

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How does one come out at 6:45 am and try to split a bit of firewood for later use and end up at 7:30 fishin with my lil buddy oscar.I,m gettin old, To darn hot to work at anything cept stayen in the shade.By the way i cought 7 nice sized bluegills and my wife even cleaned em for us.Thanks ,Paul
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many here would volunteer to be on a firing squad.
    To execute convicted police killers,and use your own firearm.<1FMJ>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any one in here use the FIOS? I am sick and tired of Brighthouse and thinking of changing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How many colors do you see on this cat? [:)]

standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the USA has sent untold billions around the world helping countrys, people, sick, and injured....how much will show up from outside helping us here now ???? or should i even ask
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does any one know where I can go to trade a rifle other then a gunshow or a gunshop? I am in tucson,az.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can I post a link to a video of me and my buddies at the rifle range the other day blowing off some rounds with semi-auto rifles and handguns This is my first post in the forum section but have been on gunbroker a while
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Think long ,hard and deep.

What would you do, if push came to shove
    and ultimately you were given 30 days to turn
    your quasi assault pistols and rifles
    in to the authorities?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How can McCain vote 90% of the time with bush when Bush isn't in congress?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Without looking it up , do you know the answer to this question?

On the great seal of America, there is the Eagle holding the bundle of arrows in one claw, and olive branches in the other.

Question:
    From whom did we get the Idea of the Arrows and what is it significance?
    and who was responsible for the use of the arrow symbol?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If drinking booze and driving is illegal then why?

Do bars have Parking Lots?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how come im the only one with no replies.
    Ginny
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have any of ya'll had threats made to you or your family's? Have they followed through?

Monday night we had someone try and burn our house down....No MAJOR damage done....Just scared the H*LL out of me. Boliver had a threat about 3 weeks ago from a guy that he pulled over on a DUI.. He made notes of it in his report.... So we will see what happens....Just wondering If anybody else has had this happen??? He has had many threats for different arrests and or reasons however done have followed through....(thank god)

Just wanting to know if anybody else has had anything like this happen to them? And if you have or even if you haven't any ideas on how to calm nerves??
    Thanks all
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just read the thread that Saxon locked and a question popped into my head:

Why is it that we can't talk about rival sales sites (that much I understand) AND problems with GunBroker auction side on this site?

The logic running through my head dictates that because this site is run by GunBroker, they wouldn't object to questions/issues being posted here. In fact, they should start a forum board just for that purpose.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A couple we know just built their retirement home. The builder offered them a special deal on Cypress siding. They paid the extra and had it put on. They then paid to have the house exterior painted... Should I tell them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Flags are at half-mast across the country, in the wake of the theater shootings. Twelve are dead.

Fourteen are now dead because of that terrible truck accident in Texas. Are we going to have a month of flags at half-mast for that incident also?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's with all the � in the posts today[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This mural is on the front of a local School. It was completed in 2006. Now some local Vets are complaining about the location of the flags in it. Also the Real Flag Flys nearby and it is in a hIgher position.

mural.jpg

So what do you think.

This is Springfield High in Springfield Oregon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    2008 nissan frontier nismo 4door 4wd....has a 3 button fob and chip key...had an extra made fob and 2 keys made ...cannot find them...now left fob in house and took key out to pickup in shed 60-70' away and key works door locks and starts motor and pickup moves....does this mean the other fob is some where in the vehicle ?????....looked everywhere obvious but cannot find it ..maybe put up by slider moon roof left front and pushed back somewhere ????? is my thinking right ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any intratec, cobrays, uzis, or other assult/smgs that are carbines, which you don't need a pistol permit for? I fugured you experts would know.

(not looking for full auto)[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When did the army quit wearing c*** caps? NUNN!! GET YOUR FINGER OFF THE DELETE BUTTON! Thats what they called them. Rosie[This message has been edited by nunn (edited 01-17-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    on the this forum on the right side where it say last post why are some highlighted in blue and others not i have not posted in that post either.does anyone know

chris
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is there or has there ever been a commercial cartridge that is a .308 necked down to .25?.....if not why?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What do you think constitutes a big house in Square Ft?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you had a choice between 2 similar, guns of similar value, both shooters and one had fantastic wood and the other had fantastic engraving. Which would you choose?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    People believe that they have certain "God Given Rights", well my question is if your an Athiest, or an Agnostic, where do these peoples rights come from?, as they dont believe in a Diety or need proof of a "Gods" existance..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    O.K. I am new to this gun stuff, I only started looking at firearms last year because I will be carrying a gun on duty. I know what a FFL is, but some auctions ask for a C&R, what is a C&R?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why does a RACOON wash his food??