In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

question

Comments

• Options
    young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been retired sinc Oct of 2011
    and while it's great I miss something.
    I've finally discovered what it is.
    I miss the banter and discussions we had at
    work. You know, the talk about current events
    and such.
    My wife and I talk, always have, but when you
    talk with guys at work that you've built a bond with over
    the past 30+ yrs, you can talk "filthy, if you will" and
    I couldn't do that at home.
    There are no boundarys except personal ones and I
    miss that,no matter what subject.
    I certainly have plenty around here to do.
    The barn needs fixing, (we just moved in last year)
    most of the doors were installed by someone who didn't
    have a level or cared to square them up.
    Do you ever get over the need for conversation
    with the boys?
    ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Say people...uhhh....ah...duhhh would yous guys tell me...uhhh....ummm I don't want to sound as dum as I am but....WELL DANG IT ALL WHAT IS A STICKY?[:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another topic here raised a question in my mind. For you that know the GB world: How many of you see the words "ice cream" or "ball park frank" and think "cold dessert made out of milk" or a "conglomeration of semi-edible animal parts placed on a bun with condiments?" Just wondering.

I know for me the auto-censor has really warped my mental image of things I read on the internet. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    320491_382423395151400_8764369_n.jpg

I showed a couple of days ago that they are Exempt at least their health care plan is.

quote:Rather than listing "many" exemptions, Fund pointed only to page 114. That section stated that individuals who buy their own insurance and small firms (size to be determined) would be eligible to participate in state-based exchanges, which would offer a range of health insurance plans for purchase. Those who already get insurance through Medicare, Medicaid, the military's Tricare insurance program, or the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program wouldn't be eligible. All federal employees, including members of Congress, fall under the FEHBP. Those who have coverage from a large employer wouldn't be eligible, either, unless their coverage didn't meet minimum benefits criteria or was deemed to be unaffordable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard the French do not like Americans( as you know most countries don't)is this true? Also that they started purchasing Nuclear Weapons now. Have you heard anything about this?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So is this "newtgingrich" character the REAL Newt Gingrich, or just someone who's using the name as an excuse to sound like a total jerk?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    was Carol Mccain...john's first wife invited, uninvited, attended his funeral ??? haven't found any mention ???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have made several requests to purchase specific firearms in the want section and I am confused as to why I get responses that are not even close to the request I made. I recently posted that I wanted a 300 H&H bolt action and have received 3 not quite close responses. One was asking if a 300 Savage model 99 would work, 1 telling me that a 25-06 was better and they had 2 for sale and the last trying to sell a 7mm Remington. Is this really that common and if so why, other than trying to sell their gun, would someone get so far from the request?
    If I wanted a 25-06 or a 300 Savage or 7mm I would have requested these? I wonder if it is just that people don't know how to stay on subject. I know this is an invitation for sarcasm and ridicule but it is baffling to me. Thanks for your time and please stay on subject and keep the sarcasm to a minimum. This is a real question and I do not know if I am just not seeing the point of an off topic reply. 257

You're a statistic whether you want to be or not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I want to deleat my user name emale and password how can I do this.

God Guns and guts
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will a .45 kill a 200lbs black bear?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know if this is okay,but does anyone know of a General MKT Auction site rather than EBAY? Not Craigs list but some other sales site?[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does a late model pistol with a serial number below 500 of 10,000 made make it more valuable or collectible?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Iver Johnsons revolver in 38 S&W. he serial # is 21734
    Can anyone with info on these get the date it was made? <1FMJ>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why did Nunn "lock" my topic? Nunn, you can write to me directly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is there a way to search NR auctions only?

never mind, found it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there policy as to how long a seller can/should wait to ship after he has cash on hand. I was told two to three weeks before he will get a chance to ship.I just purchased a $740.00 item from him that I would like to get my hands on.

I know I sound impatient, but I spent an extra $25 (PayPal) to get him paid ASAP and he is in no hurry to ship.

No biggie, just want to know if this is the norm.[?]

thanks
    Rick
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll leave seller info out as i just want opinions on what others would do. Bought a pistol upper 4 weeks ago. Sellers ad claimed in stock and ships within 7 days of payment. This is a 07 ffl manufacturer that sells here and from there page. I contacted them and they claim there backlogged 3 to 4 weeks but have all parts, just backed up on assembly. Looked on there page and they have regular upper prices and fast ship uppers for 50 more that ship within 3 days.

I'm thinking about giving them to the end of the week then filing a claim. I wouldn't mind the wait had i new about it. Ordered from them sense they claimed in stock and ships within 7 days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is the question...

Normally I buy 89 octane gasoline for my lawnmower, but the last time I bought 93 octane gasoline for it, Now I don't know if any of you know much about engines but would this be better for the engine or worse? Thankyou.

What do you guys use...it is a push mower
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The DOJ announces they will have a investigation on the Ferguson Police dept but why. Holder never held hearing on Things like Fast and Furious, Mexican army shooting at Americans and ICE agents, IRS so why Fergusion.

Is he doing anything or charging the looters and the instigators that destroyed millions of dollars in that city. Not one thing done to the race baiters that flooded the city to cause havoc with the citizens and law enforcement and why did law enforcement stand down and let the looters run wild to destroy innocent peoples livelihood should be the question
  • Options
    edited November -1
    QUESTION:

There is a mute who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action

of brushing one's teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the

shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses,

how should he express himself? Think about it first before scrolling down for the answer.

ANSWER:

He opens his mouth and says, "I would like to buy a pair of sunglasses."

If you got this wrong, please pack up your things, turn off your

computer and call it a day. Also, do not have children. [:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can a cremated veteran have a military funeral ????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The sticker thread got me thinking,Does Anybody know the legal ramifacations if any about stolen guns?I.E.If my cocked and locked 1911 is ripped off out of my truck(it stays shoved between the drivers seat and center console seat with only the grip and hammer visable)and is used in a crime?I cover it with a blanket when Im away from the truck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been reading these forums for a while now. I've noticed that there's people here from all over the country, the world too. My question is: Who here thinks that the Confederate flag is racist? Personally, I think that it just stands for Southern Heritage, and being proud to be from the South. Any other opinions?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I was to say that I can modify an EFI system on a full size truck,4wd,V8 that puts out 380 HP and can get 35 mpg,would you be interested in it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, so you're supposed to wear your eye and ear protection when shooting, correct? So, who wears ear muffs and safety glasses when they're hunting? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just a passing thought over the weekend while the wife and I were canning and freezing some food . while using one of the vacuum packing seal a meal or whet eve they are called machines . I thought why not ammo or a firearm
    do any of you store ammo or guns in such a manner , seemed like it would work for the ammo , I keep mine in the standard ammo cans with a dry pack tossed in for good measure , but sealing them in the plastic bag looked like a good long term way to keep it ( I do not have enough to worry about it but if I happen up on a huge 22 lr horde (LOL on that happening )
    what do you say
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it legal to put a butler folding stock on an 870 police magnum? Are there any rules and regs dealing with that. Tell me anything that may apply.
    Thanks

Dragon's Lair Fighting Arts, Dragon Style Wind Fist Kung Fu.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Who was collecting the soda tabs for a hospital? I think it was locust fork... Ive been ... ... ... Collecting :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why do all the old six-guns seem
    to have their sights reversed
    compared to the new ones? Old
    six-gun: profile starts off high
    and ends low. New six-gun: profile
    starts off low and ends high.
    Now ,I'm getting old and my feelings
    get hurt real easy so please,don't
    whack at me too hard[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Exactly what part of "illegal" do our leaders NOT UNDERSTAND?

It is not a sick bird. [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If they rebuild New Orleans, will they call it NEWER Orleans?

jumpmaster.bmp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What the Hell are the people in washington doing??? Now they want to open the Adoption Records of Judge Roberts two Kids.. For what?? How freakin low can politicians get??? Cant get dirt on him so go after his little kids??? What could they possible have to do with anything??? talk about being peed off...[:(]

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have an exploded view of a Romanian Ak-47? Me and my dad want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When do you start to die?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was watching the movie Tombstone. during the gunfight at the OK Corral I noticed that Doc Holliday was shooting his gun in double action. I know that was a film flub, but it was intresting to see. Does anyone know if there are shops that would modify a single action to a double action ?

Corinthian-turret.gif"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What does it take for a good relationship?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you were born on Feb. 29, do you only celabrate your birthday ever other year? [:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My wife (god rest her soul god bless her [}:)] thought she was doing me a favor by washing a couple of guns socks (long guns). My question is can I use something like scotch-guard to reactiveate them ?

Or S can them and buy new ?

Can't be mad at her , she was only trying to be helpful [;)].

SxS

Have guns,will travel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How good and reliable are the Maverick 88 Security models? Just a question, because they are an apphiliate of Mossberg. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would not the shooter at Fort Hood be charged with Murder and hate crimes.