In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Official Troops Mailing Thread !

2»

Comments

• TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm passing along some more addresses to more buddies. Let's keep the morale up! Thanks to all that have taken the time to send thing to our troops.

My son, Chase is appreciatitive of all things recieved.
    More boxes going out this week to the guys on the list.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Wonder if the guys got their packages yet?

An LEO I work with is in Iraq now if anyone would like to drop her
    a line/ or care to send a package.

Bonnie M. Bradbury
    MSG 561st RSG Camp Victory
    APO AE 09342
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I finaly got my oldest son's mailing address:

LCPL Cody McClellan
    2/2 G Co.
    Unit 73080
    FPO AE 09510-3080
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A big thanks to Fly Doctor,

He sent me a huge box full of Fly Fishing and American Hunter magazines.

Will be delivering those tomorrow. I think they will go fast too.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    My littlest brother... (23 years younger)

pfc allen, eric
    1st bn 7th ada
    apo ae 09853
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Let ma add something to what many need in the fight. My son is in the Air Force and has not gone over YET but will next year some time however MANY of the kids who he grew up with and were in this house a LOT and joined other branches have been in the fight, ZEVERYONE of them has told me that SOCKS i9s one item they went through FAST. One of my good friends son is a marine and the boy was in my home as much as his own (yes he and my 3 kids thought they were siblings as much as they were together) went through 100 pairs of socks in his first toru in Iraq and 150+ pairs in his second tour. He said that something about the sand, heat, or combo of both just ate his socks down to where the fell apart. SO if you know of any servbice memebr in teh fight and can get socks thet the branch they are in uses, send over extra pairs for them. I know that is an odd item to request but I am stating it as these kids told me. I know I am making a lot of deer jerky for a couple of kids over there now, of course they are going to share with their buddies![;)]
  • CCAtlantisCCAtlantis Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a newbie to this forum, so please bear with me.

My company is willing to provide & ship the kinds of supplies noted in various postings here. The addresses listed for troops are up to 6 months old. Can anyone come up with a list of troops known to GB posters that is current?

Thanks

CCAtlantis (Former target shooter returning to the sport)
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just a word of caution.

I just came back from the post office to send a package off to my son.

Hand Sanitizer can no longer be shipped via USPS!

It has to do with the flash point of it.
    edited November -1
    Here's a website
    http://packagesfromhome.org/request-a-package

you can sign up yourself, son - daughter - etc to receive a package.
    edited November -1
    Another thanks to countryfarmer & wife.

He sent me a heavy box of gun magazines and some womens magazines to pass out here in Baghdad.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Adam is the Son of my Friend, Tammy.

He is currently in Combat in Iraq, and could probably use some Friendly incoming...mail.

He is getting short in country, and I think we all know that that, besides the first month, is the most dangerous time.

It appears that he is on the promo list for Buck.

adam.k.wood@us.army.mil

He is a strong Patriot, and is dedicated to serving our Country in the Army.

You might invite him to join www.GunBroker.com

I haven't, because I thought it might mean more, coming from you Men (and wimmens).

Let's help this young Troop home safe.

Mods - please make this a sticky, if you agree,

Thanks all.

Doug
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    SonDarren is a Combat Engineer - Sapper - on his fourth Combat tour as an Airborne Platoon Sergeant tree jumper in Afghanistan. He just got back alst week. Maybe y'all have crossed paths ??

Sorry I don't have what you need, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Maybe you should post this in General Discussion, as well .

Keep yo haid down.

Doug
  • nsbeachnsbeach Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sending Mail to our troops! Check out this free site that enables family and friend to send mail to Army and Marines serving in Afghanistan for free. You write the letters online and they are downloaded and printed in theater and delivered the last mile as "real ' mail. The mail is totally private and the machines that print them out are combination printer/folders that seal the letters before they are fed out for delivery. These are both official sites funded by the DoD.

www.motomail.us (for Marines).
    www.hooahmail.us (for US Army.

It is based on the British Army service called e-bluey.(www.ebluey.com) and operated by a US based company.
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Topkick
    Some goodies sent out!

(BTW) My son is based at Ft. Bliss now! He's withing 10 hours from our home and I see him about once a month.

My thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!