In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Azzhole parking II

RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Went to Lows to get a bag of lime and parked next to this jerk. I left them a nice little note. These little things piss me off more, now that I quit drinking. And this jerk would wonder why someone keyed the Lexus.

cid__0531131258a_zps4418ba75.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes them am azzhole?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't have any chalk? [:D]
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

Doing that in parking lots where you can't find any other parking but the other spot some one took up when they could have simply parked right and allowed another to use the space. That's what. It's always country bumkins doing this in the city they drive out to shop in.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    couple more azzholes shoulda parked parallel to it on either side within a few inches...it would have caught on throughout the lot
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    +1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never been a big fan of Toyota drivers anyway...
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use some of this on their window.[:D][:D]

Grease & the powder paint used in a chalk line.
    http://www.ruralking.com/livestock-marker-orange-paintsti.html
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people are more important than others. You need to learn that.[;)][}:)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz

Doing that in parking lots where you can't find any other parking but the other spot some one took up when they could have simply parked right and allowed another to use the space. That's what. It's always country bumkins doing this in the city they drive out to shop in.

Hmmm

I have never ever ever been to lowes that had sold out parking.

What I hear you saying is you are worried you might have to walk 25 ft further.

Seems the problem is the one complaining. I wonder about the person who took this picture... You reckon they were in a hurry and just put out by someone parking like this? I mean, how big of a hurry can you possible be in if you have time to take a picture of something meaningless? Taking the picture probably took the same amount of time as walking the difference of where they parked back to the store.

Let's talk about the real issue at hand. The fact that cities require businesses to block out 8, 10 or 12 and I have seen 16 spots for handicap parking.

19 years in construction and I have yet to see a single car park in a handicap spot in front of a lowes or home depot.

The problem is we have a group of people who want demand to be treat equal, unless you are talking about parking, then it's completely OK for them to be favored.

Now with that said, I see idiots park in the contractors parking or loading. But none of this bothers me because my truck doesn't fit, so I have to walk anyways. Just start parking further out all the time, and none of this will ever bother you.

By the way, I didn't mean for this to appear as me talking down to Mr Waltz, simply talking too him. I was not trying to say he was too lazy to walk, I was speaking to the person who took the picture.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    Some people are more important than others. You need to learn that.[;)][}:)][;)]

I hope I made their day.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1

What, no link to this conspiracy? I don't believe it.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perfect time to put your empty pepsi can on the hood or on top.Or maybe a couple shopping carts near the drivers door or one of those construction metal carts.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like someone scribbled all over their license plate also
  • Options
    stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much do you want to bet that this was a new car for the owner and he/she/it did not want their car dinged by other cars opening doors next to it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two good strong guys can pick it up and move it over between the lines.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steg
    How much do you want to bet that this was a new car for the owner and he/she/it did not want their car dinged by other cars opening doors next to it.

Then you park further away and walk.
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Exactly. If I just shelled out $50,000 for a new vehicle, I wouldn't want some Azzhole in a junk azzed car parking right up on me either. It only seems to bother the jealous people in the world.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking

Exactly. If I just shelled out $50,000 for a new vehicle, I wouldn't want some Azzhole in a junk azzed car parking right up on me either. It only seems to bother the jealous people in the world.

You see over yonder in the pic. Those spaces are reserved for azzholes with new cars that like to use two spots.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another point of view is why did they park that way? Maybe they were having a stroke? or they have a broke leg and it is hard to get in and out of that heap of crap with a cast and someone parked next to you.

OR

What if they parked that way because another car was parked the same way and that car has already left, leaving them to look like the problem when in fact they simply made do with what was available?

Ya just never know the whole story.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    Use some of this on their window.[:D][:D]

Grease & the powder paint used in a chalk line.
    http://www.ruralking.com/livestock-marker-orange-paintsti.html

that powder paint you speak of in a chalk line is actually cement and dye. You do that and you ruin the glass. I think that is called vandalism and I know a punk girl who got 90 days in jail, and her dad got to pick up the tab on repairing the car for something not to far off of what you describe.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would happen if you tried to park like that on a City street? You would get a ticket and possibly Toed!

Why? Because its not right!

If you don't want Scratches and Dings, the right thing to do is to park out, and away from everyone else.

By taking up two spaces like that, a person is almost guaranteed to get those scratches and dents...But not by accident!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another point of view is why did they park that way? Maybe they were having a stroke? or they have a broke leg and it is hard to get in and out of that heap of crap with a cast and someone parked next to you.

OR

What if they parked that way because another car was parked the same way and that car has already left, leaving them to look like the problem when in fact they simply made do with what was available?

If none of the above is true, I at the very least hope they get a case of the gout.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    What would happen if you tried to park like that on a City street? You would get a ticket and possibly Toed!

Why? Because its not right!

If you don't want Scratches and Dings, the right thing to do is to park out, and away from everyone else.

By taking up two spaces like that, a person is almost guaranteed to get those scratches and dents...But not by accident!

I am pretty sure parking in city streets is illegal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz

OR

If none of the above is true, I at the very least hope they get a case of the gout.

Having a 4 door pick up, I sometimes have to park like that or I can't get out. While length is not a problem with the chopped off Lexus, but you have to think it's a lowes. Contractors drive big trucks. It's almost logical that they simply made do with what they could.

And sometimes, you get a couple of trucks and it gets crazy. Go to Cabela's and see what I mean. They designed the Ft Cabela's with the intent of not having close up parking. Everyone has to park and walk.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Hmmm

I have never ever ever been to lowes that had sold out parking.

What I hear you saying is you are worried you might have to walk 25 ft further.

Seems the problem is the one complaining. I wonder about the person who took this picture... You reckon they were in a hurry and just put out by someone parking like this? I mean, how big of a hurry can you possible be in if you have time to take a picture of something meaningless? Taking the picture probably took the same amount of time as walking the difference of where they parked back to the store.

Let's talk about the real issue at hand. The fact that cities require businesses to block out 8, 10 or 12 and I have seen 16 spots for handicap parking.

19 years in construction and I have yet to see a single car park in a handicap spot in front of a lowes or home depot.

The problem is we have a group of people who want demand to be treat equal, unless you are talking about parking, then it's completely OK for them to be favored.

Now with that said, I see idiots park in the contractors parking or loading. But none of this bothers me because my truck doesn't fit, so I have to walk anyways. Just start parking further out all the time, and none of this will ever bother you.

By the way, I didn't mean for this to appear as me talking down to Mr Waltz, simply talking too him. I was not trying to say he was too lazy to walk, I was speaking to the person who took the picture.

This issue is not about doing it in a empty parking lot it's about parking straight as a curtsey for others. The people who park this way that in a half empty lot are the same types who do it in near full lots.

It's not big deal to walk an extra 25 feet but was it a big deal for that driver to have taken a few more seconds to park in one space?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Then you park further away and walk.

That's what I do. I always park in the areas where no other cars are. And I never park next to mini vans.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    How were you able to determine the level of a hole ness based on how the vehicle is parked? Did you watch him park? Did he tell you telepathically that he was purposefully trying to take up more than his allotted space? Could there not have been circumstances beyond his control that forced him to park that way? Who is the real a-hole here?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

OR

Having a 4 door pick up, I sometimes have to park like that or I can't get out. While length is not a problem with the chopped off Lexus, but you have to think it's a lowes. Contractors drive big trucks. It's almost logical that they simply made do with what they could.

And sometimes, you get a couple of trucks and it gets crazy. Go to Cabela's and see what I mean. They designed the Ft Cabela's with the intent of not having close up parking. Everyone has to park and walk.

The contractor parking/pickup is not even close to where the Lexus is parked. I have in my area a great deal of out of state F350 type trucks. They are mostly from TX, OK, LA and ARK. And for all my trips to Walmart Lowes ect I always see these trucks parked far away from the store. It's a little thing called courtesy.
  • Options
    Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a problem if somebody wants to park like that but they need to do it at the back end of the parking lot. Otherwise I would have surrounded it in shopping carts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not all contractors need a truck load of stuff. We tend to park in close if we need a small thing or two and we are in pressed for time. We are not required to park in one place only...
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Roboz: It's a little thing called courtesy.

I remember when it was called common courtesy....not so common anymore. A damned shame, too.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not all contractors need a truck load of stuff. We tend to park in close if we need a small thing or two and we are in pressed for time. We are not required to park in one place only...

Never said you did. This is some Azzhole who thinks their chit don't stink and is to lazy to park further away. Your trying to justify parking like a dippoopt. People like the Lexus jerk need to lean a little courtesy. Thats part of the problem with this country.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking

I just park at the end of the lot and walk. I agree with the OP....makes a person look like an * when they park like that. I am not saying that said person is an *, just makes me think of them that way.

Jon
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok, hes is an * for parking like that. yell at him if you want

but nothing is more chicken than screwing with a car be it keying or other vandalism
  • Options
    PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I used to carry a stem core removal tool.

Turn the core enuff to let the air bleed out slow but enuff that the tire(s) are about half flat when the come back and the entertainment continues when the fill'em up and minutes later the tire(s) are half flat again.

I have since lost or misplacd that device.[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    There's actually a longer winding path to this mentality. And, you're going to start seeing more and more of it; here's why....

You may not have noticed, but in general, with the cost of real estate being what it is, and the nature of competition, many retailers are allocating less land for parking in general. Then, they try to stripe the lots to get as many spaces as possible. In fact, many retailers and other agencies here in CO are re-striping their lots with much less space in each spot. They narrow the spaces, and they decrease the center line spacing from row to row, shortening spaces. By doing this they can add more spaces and more rows. However, the result is it has become almost impossible to park a full size car in a parking lot without being so close that another door can easily ding your car.

When you add in the cost of repairs, and the costs of insurance, people start getting really selfish...and in some respects I don't blame them. If I pay $60,000 for a new truck, but no retailer on earth makes spaces big enough for me to park it, I'll be damned if I'm going to let some lazy knucklehead slam his door into me! No for my part, I usually rememdy this by parking way in the back of the lot. I don't mind walking, BUT I was in one lot the other day where it was striped so narrow my truck tires were literally over not one, but both, stripes! Well, that kinda made this fella mad, kinda' like they didn't want me as a customer with stupid antics like that, so I centered up on one of the stripes and took two spots! Plenty of room then.

Sometimes Jerkwater goes both ways!

edit...and I pity the poor * who wants to key my truck!

My duelly won't go in one spot. If it did I couldn't back out cause the truck is too long. I usually park way out at lowes and walk.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW!! A lot of reactions here folks[}:)]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    too many cameras any more just keep walking sad but you would be in more trouble even leaving a note may end up as a threat ... what I hate is any bench seating at a sporting event each person is granted 14" of * space never fails I get next to the people that have the double / triple wide * who takes up there's and your space [V]
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Yep, pure azzhat.

quote:
    Mr. Perfect
    Posted - 05/31/2013 : 4:54:02 PM

How were you able to determine the level of a hole ness based on how the vehicle is parked? Did you watch him park? Did he tell you telepathically that he was purposefully trying to take up more than his allotted space? Could there not have been circumstances beyond his control that forced him to park that way? Who is the real a-hole here?

May have had personal plate with " Mr. Perfect" on it, most likely
  • Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would park next to them, no problem!