In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charlie Sheen

Comments

• Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    He is just another human being. His ramblings weren't as crazy as they sounded if you understood the references. Many of the craziest things said were mocking things which other people had said about him. The problem is with the quantity of material there is no one spot where a person can find all the subjects addressed in a coherent fashion.

Left with no one easy source for understanding it is easy to jump to the conclusion he is the only one at fault. As far as his substance abuse that is his own responsibility. As far as the soap opera going on about the show there are definitely 2 sides to that story. Bear in mind that the media coverage is lopsided against Sheen. He is up against some heavyweight hollywood influence.

As far as the Alex Jones on the view episode goes I love anything which sends that dried up lamia walters into a fit. He had a twofold agenda in appearing on that show and he accomplished them both. He laid out some truth about his friend Charlie and he put some thoughts into 30 million viewers heads who would have had a hard time getting them any other way. Kudos Alex!
  • Options
    coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    Why was there no women residents in Sheen's house on 2.5 men?

~He woulda beat them.

"Ain't no party like a Charlie sheen party cuz a Charlie sheen party don't stop.....until the ambulance get there"

"I remain concerned that without Internet access, the people of Egypt may not know that Charlie Sheen is okay."
  • Options
    militaria1918militaria1918 Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your's is the best post on this subject. (below)

The truth about all of it is, it's nothing more then high school drama and gossip taken to a national level via the media. And seems to have effected many of you who seem to be joining in with blind attacks because everyone is doing it.

Sheen has pissed some powerful people off and like politicians who's crossed the line or a whistle blower someone has directed the media smear campaign weapon on Sheen.

This of course cause's me to take a close look at what he's saying. When Sheen says they are trying to destroy his ability to make a living for his family he is correct. He never said as one poster suggsted, that he need to be paid more by his boss he only suggested that his boss should be on his knees begging him to come back to the show but that it will cost 3 million rather then two.

Sheen does have an inflated head/ego and he does seem paranoid but to be fair "they" are out to get him now. And the truth is he's a higher caliber of actor then should be wasting time on sitcomes.

They are calling him Crazy, dangerous and trying to imply he's an anti semite.

If you did not know any better you might think this campaign was launched against the various militia's in the country. Same tactics, and same type behind it. And this type of school yard drama and gossip has no place on national TV to begin with.

I can't tell if he's currently on drugs or not. Seems high strucg and I kept waiting for that scrunched up skin between his eyes to relax but it never did.

Mike

quote:Originally posted by skicat
    He is just another human being. His ramblings weren't as crazy as they sounded if you understood the references. Many of the craziest things said were mocking things which other people had said about him. The problem is with the quantity of material there is no one spot where a person can find all the subjects addressed in a coherent fashion.

Left with no one easy source for understanding it is easy to jump to the conclusion he is the only one at fault. As far as his substance abuse that is his own responsibility. As far as the soap opera going on about the show there are definitely 2 sides to that story. Bear in mind that the media coverage is lopsided against Sheen. He is up against some heavyweight hollywood influence.

As far as the Alex Jones on the view episode goes I love anything which sends that dried up lamia walters into a fit. He had a twofold agenda in appearing on that show and he accomplished them both. He laid out some truth about his friend Charlie and he put some thoughts into 30 million viewers heads who would have had a hard time getting them any other way. Kudos Alex!
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Search[:D] chuck Lorre vanity cards, then click images in google
    holly cow! Batman![:0]

??
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    very typical of people loving to see someone go down. He ain't thru believe me. My money says CBS ratings will go in the dumper.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was a great character actor, with many strong traits. Has fantastic talent, unbelievable $$$, unbelievably bad and expensive habit$$$.

No strong traits for good living. And now a "character" that is at least half to three-quarters of the way into his own grave.

Looks like he was hit by a truck and sounds like he sustained catastrophic neuro damage.

Wish I were wrong ... but doubt he could ever come back at all now ... he's a goner ... he just is too blind and full of himself to see, sense, realize or admit. He is a picture of the "walking dead", just a husk!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Lorre screwed up attacking him on the cards. Sheen will own him

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/chuck-lorre-addresses-charlie-sheen-162692
    In that clip, Mr. Lorre, spoke in generalities, about something and someone specific, but never referred to specificly ... therefore Mr. Sheen may be able to "whistle Dixie" but he won't "own" Mr Lorre through he legal system ... but perhaps in Mr. Sheen's mind, maybe.

Mr. Sheen doesn't even own his own mind ... he is long gone ... whether chemicals are in his blood or not ... much damage long done till now.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1

I noticed how, less than 20 seconds into the clip, Jones had made the interview about his agenda; not his "friendship" with Charlie Sheen. With friends like that, who needs enemas?
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    Bob and Tom said it best......Charlie Sheen's drug use has finally killed off enough brain cells to turn him into Gary Busey.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,997 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    His cheese has slipped off the cracker.
  • Options
    miss americamiss america Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No wonder why he has to pay for it..............
  • Options
    miss americamiss america Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill
    Listening to Sheen talk about himself is truly sad, in much the same way that it was sad to watch Pete Rose bellyache about being kept out of the hall of fame. Pitiful.

Scary part is -- that amount of veiwers. Rose wasn't any more pitiful than the last 3 interviews of baseball's elite in tears swearing they weren't dosing. Pulleeeze. The times they are a changing. We just need 2 record books- one for the asteriks and one for the regular stats- oh and lower the cost of a ball field beer while yer at it!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=86369
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never watched more than a few minutes of that show.
    Sure won't miss it.
    Too bad this POS jerk has cost a lot of people their jobs.
    And people want to demonize overpaid business people.
    Who is more overpaid than crapheads like Sheen?
    The writers that put the words in his mouth are the talented ones.
    Obviously when he does his own writing he shows what he is, an arrogant conceited dumbazz that deserves no one's respect.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Charlie needs to get a grip on his addonis blood and martian attraction (to himself)
    He has the worst case of denial I have ever seen.
    "CHUCK, get some treatment, admit you have a problem, apologize and be forgiven by your fans!! DO one thing for yourself by showing some humility and seeking help"
    The sad thing is, he is going to destroy his carreer with all this lawsuit crap and his gloating bravado on the morning TV shows.
    If he keeps it up, his best gig will be commenting on the stupid people on Worlds Dumbest Criminals, working for scale.
    I imagine CBS has some morality clause in his contract that would allow them to countersue him?
    I mean, he may be losing 100k a week but CBS only has one show people watch and Charlie is the star.
    CBS exec's have to be totally at wits end to make a choice to cancel the show and throw away millions a week in avertising revenue?
  • Options
    NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    His rantings and his physical condition are all tell tale signs found commonly in any run of the mill crack addict.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    50+ posts on this topic is quite unexpected.

I can never tell when a thread is gonna take off or die. Strangely sobering that this many folks are incited to make comment by this guy's rant.

Myself included...
  • Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guy is looking rough. The party doesn't go on forever........
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    dead before the end of 2011, my prediction.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just another spoiled rich Hollyweirdo.. Who really gives a snit.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watch "2.5 Men" pretty often and could see from last year to this that he went from pudgy to thin - have to believe folks on the show knew something was up. The other folks, cast & crew, are the ones getting screwed over this too. Maybe the show will pull a "Darin".

I haven't had as much "fun" as him but I had my share for about 10 years in LV & LA. I can understand his point of view, he thinks all is well and he's having great fun. He is having great fun, he has millions of $$$ and if he stops soon he'll be able to look back and say 'damn, I had a great time and suffered no ill effects". That's the trick - being able to stop it while you're still in one piece. Chasing the perfect high will kill you, very alluring with the stimulent or synthetic stuff.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

I noticed how, less than 20 seconds into the clip, Jones had made the interview about his agenda; not his "friendship" with Charlie Sheen. With friends like that, who needs enemas?
    Colonel......That is because Jones recognizes the important issue is not his friend Sheen's current soap opera but rather the attacks on the Constitution and the agenda of the elite global bankers. Those issues are paramount and he used his precious time on stage before 30 million people to hopefully plant a few ideas which need to be addressed rather than wallow in the inconsequential that is the bread and butter of the view. Sheen knows who his friends are and I'm sure he supports Jone's tack through that tv appearance.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the guy is nutz....nuff said
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sense a disturbance in the yoga universe[}:)]
  • Options
    Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone else watching the train wreck special on right now? WOW! [:0]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wastoid. Who gives a rat's patoot what he says or thinks?
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    He is having great fun, he has millions of $$$ and if he stops soon he'll be able to look back and say 'damn, I had a great time and suffered no ill effects". That's the trick - being able to stop it while you're still in one piece. Chasing the perfect high will kill you, very alluring with the stimulent or synthetic stuff.

not a chance. maybe if his deal was opiates, barbituates, booze; but cocaine, and methamphetamines permanently alter both the chemistry and the structure of your brain. to a degree all drugs do, but coke and meth make you go batcrap crazy. heroine, booze etc just make you a worthless lump. from the looks of him, he's well past the point of being salvaged. even if he quit tomorrow and never did another hit, he's irrevocably damaged.

of course, this is just an assesment of his physical appearance and mannerisms. maybe he just looks worse than he really is...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    He is having great fun, he has millions of $$$ and if he stops soon he'll be able to look back and say 'damn, I had a great time and suffered no ill effects". That's the trick - being able to stop it while you're still in one piece. Chasing the perfect high will kill you, very alluring with the stimulent or synthetic stuff.

not a chance. maybe if his deal was opiates, barbituates, booze; but cocaine, and methamphetamines permanently alter both the chemistry and the structure of your brain. to a degree all drugs do, but coke and meth make you go batcrap crazy. heroine, booze etc just make you a worthless lump. from the looks of him, he's well past the point of being salvaged. even if he quit tomorrow and never did another hit, he's irrevocably damaged.

of course, this is just an assesment of his physical appearance and mannerisms. maybe he just looks worse than he really is...

I just saw him on TV tonight, actually he's still on. Looks far worse than I saw on the show and is very erratic. I'm not sure what he's doing but I suppose you're correct. I seem to recall discussion of dopamine and shot receptors.
  • Options
    militaria1918militaria1918 Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the interview. He took a drug test and passed. I knew kids in my youth who did too many drugs in their time. They got slow and would drool. It's nothing like Sheen was exibiting. He's acting more like a motivational speaker then a drug fried out OD case.

I don't think some of you really know what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by militaria1918
    I saw the interview. He took a drug test and passed. I knew kids in my youth who did too many drugs in their time. They got slow and would drool. It's nothing like Sheen was exibiting. He's acting more like a motivational speaker then a drug fried out OD case.

Having been down the same road Charlie is on, I do know what I'm talking about. The drug tests he passed say that he hadn't done some drugs in 72 hours. Hell, at my worst, I could go three days without getting high (if I had to). So just because he was clean for a short time doesn't mean he was clean after he presented those tests.

The thing to do is compare earlier interviews with him to the train wrecks he's been giving lately and watch for differences.

Friends of mine who are in the rehab business tell me that Young Mister Sheen exhibits textbook symptoms of recent - and frequent - drug abuse. And we're not just talking about smokin' the weed here.

My boss has all but forbidden air staff to give this human catastrophe any more air time. I was bummed at first, because I love a Grand Spectacle, but you have to admit, if nobody paid him any mind, he'd fade out of sight pretty quickly.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    I got to agree with Col Plink on this one. I have not personally had a struggle with addiction, but I have a few close friends who have, and in my line of work I have had contact with countless junkies. Sheen looked, acted, sounded like an cocaine addict in the interviews I've seen/heard.

A clean drug test means at best he did not do any drugs the last couple days, and at worst that he fooled the test with someone else's sample or a system cleansing drug. I've talked to several CIs who said they passed drug tests with detox drugs, or by having a clean friend/relative piss in a non lubricated sheep condom then they poured that into the cup at the testing facility.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I worked with addicted types for many years and I would say with 110% certainty that Sheen is still using drugs and is not in his right mind. Its very easy to see if you have any experience at all.
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chemicals have put holes in poor old Charlie brain, if [big if] he eventually gets clean, the lasting effects are he will be clinically nutter than a pet *.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Charlie.... say hello to Heath from me..............[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Depending on what he used he can show clean rather quickly. I can do better (so to speak) than say "I knew folks who ...." and while he may not exhibit what you saw in others it may simply be because what he's doing amps him up as opposed to turning him down.

BTW, when asked about using he has responded with "drug tests don't lie". Well, that's true but doesn't exactly answer the question - in fact it's a pretty neat way of seeming to answer the question while avoiding it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    passing a urine test is basically irrelevant. as you get closer to a guarantee of passing, it gets more complicated, but he has the money to get it done.

you want to pass a piss test? you can do it while doing every drug known to man right up until you walk into the clinic. heres how:

you need:

clean piss
    catheter
    saline

the process:
    dehydrate youself
    empty your bladder
    insert the catheter into your urethra
    flush your bladder out with the saline
    put the clean piss into the collection bag and squeeze that up into you
    hold it until it reaches a suitable temperature
    go to clinic
    piss away

using this method, there will be no adulterants as with the pills, powders, or any other otc remedy. the piss will be clean and can be visualized actually coming out of your johnson. as long as your smart enough not to use opposite gendered piss, you're golden.

blood tests cant be faked and hair follicle testing is the gold standard. piss testing is meaningless.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    I believe he's a goner, it just hasn't happened yet.

+1 circling the drain...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You lost me at "insert the catheter into your urethra". Ouch.

As an aside, doctor a few years back was on the hook for murder charge. When he gave blood at LE's instruction it came back clean but they were suspicious - the blood looked "old". Come to find out, knowing he was guilty, the doc used someone else's blood, put it into a thin tube and surgically implanted it under his arm.

The things some folks will do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You lost me at "insert the catheter into your urethra". Ouch.

As an aside, doctor a few years back was on the hook for murder charge. When he gave blood at LE's instruction it came back clean but they were suspicious - the blood looked "old". Come to find out, knowing he was guilty, the doc used someone else's blood, put it into a thin tube and surgically implanted it under his arm.

The things some folks will do.

ive been cathed twice that i can recall(not sure if they cathed me for my appendix over a decade ago). if its done right, its not really that bad. both times i had it done that i can remember, the temporary discomfort of the cath was far outdone by the agony of not being able to void my bladder.

i suppose i shouldnt have said a blood test cant be faked. you could theoretically do an exchange transfusion and get to the clinic before a diagnosticaly significant level of metabolites got into your blood stream. what i meant was that the level of work necessary to effect faking a blood test is outside the reach of the majority of people who would want to do it.