In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charlie Sheen

13»

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    I believe he's a goner, it just hasn't happened yet.

You could say the same about anyone. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    passing a urine test is basically irrelevant. as you get closer to a guarantee of passing, it gets more complicated, but he has the money to get it done.

blood tests cant be faked and hair follicle testing is the gold standard. piss testing is meaningless.

Like many other forms of medical testing, urine testing is best considered a screening test. Its not meaningless *IF* its done correctly. (Which is spot random testing under direct observation (ie so called "eyeball to urethra").

I've been drug tested for the military, and I assure you there was NO way I could have smuggled in anyone else's urine to cheat the test, or used pretty much ANY conventional way to beat the test at that point in time.

Note that it well MAY be possible to use molecular or other testing to prove that a urine specimen has been contaminated/swapped with another persons's urine. (It depends on the exact sample). This sort of testing, for obvious reasons, isn't routinely done.

Also note that there a few ways OTHER than catheterizing in someone else's clean urine to "beat" a drug test.

Most are impractical, and I'm not going to get into them, but if you happen to be Charlie Sheen a particularly easy one is "I'll give you $10,000 cash right now to make sure my specimen is clean".

Voila, clean urine. . .no catheters required.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dig his hot multiple wives!
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I couldn't care less about the latest Hollywood nutcase. In my opinion, they're all crazy. I do not support their sick, liberal industry -- and I dang sure didn't vote for them to be our ambassadors to the world.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by River Rat
    I couldn't care less about the latest Hollywood nutcase. In my opinion, they're all crazy. I do not support their sick, liberal industry -- and I dang sure didn't vote for them to be our ambassadors to the world.

+1
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    i suppose i shouldnt have said a blood test cant be faked. you could theoretically do an exchange transfusion and get to the clinic before a diagnosticaly significant level of metabolites got into your blood stream. what i meant was that the level of work necessary to effect faking a blood test is outside the reach of the majority of people who would want to do it.

I don't know what you mean by "faking" a blood test.

If you mean "defeating" a serum based drug screen, then there happens to be a very easy way to do it (see my last post).

Note that its far easier to get away with this if you can control the circumstances of your test.

100% total transfusion is really not a practical way for someone to beat a drug test, since they'd need to find a source of multiple units of crossmatched blood and an MD willing to do the procedure (which takes several hours) immediately prior to testing. There are also all kinds of practical obstacles to doing this.

Since I'm not familiar with the details surrounding Sheen's alleged testing, I'm not going to speculate about whether he is or isn't gaming whatever drug testing he has been allegedly undergoing.

I'll only comment that its possible to do it, and if you happen to be a celebrity with rather deep pockets that potentially makes it a lot easier.
  • Options
    militaria1918militaria1918 Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your not hearing what I am saying. I am saying he does not exibit signs of having done so many drugs he's damaged his brain as some are implying. The Signs are totally different.

Does he act like he's on drugs or has been recently? Yes but then even he will confirm that.

quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    quote:Originally posted by militaria1918
    I saw the interview. He took a drug test and passed. I knew kids in my youth who did too many drugs in their time. They got slow and would drool. It's nothing like Sheen was exibiting. He's acting more like a motivational speaker then a drug fried out OD case.

I don't think some of you really know what you are talking about.

Having been down the same road Charlie is on, I do know what I'm talking about. The drug tests he passed say that he hadn't done some drugs in 72 hours. Hell, at my worst, I could go three days without getting high (if I had to). So just because he was clean for a short time doesn't mean he was clean after he presented those tests.

The thing to do is compare earlier interviews with him to the train wrecks he's been giving lately and watch for differences.

Friends of mine who are in the rehab business tell me that Young Mister Sheen exhibits textbook symptoms of recent - and frequent - drug abuse. And we're not just talking about smokin' the weed here.

My boss has all but forbidden air staff to give this human catastrophe any more air time. I was bummed at first, because I love a Grand Spectacle, but you have to admit, if nobody paid him any mind, he'd fade out of sight pretty quickly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Drug heads I knew who did too much would not get amped up into normal speed of movement and speech by doing any drug made. They were fried out and nothing was goign to change it. They drooled. This is not Sheen at least not yet.

I think I am reacting to hyperbol with some members trying to imply he's on par with someone who's done too much and is messed up for good.

He may have done too much but currently not enough to effect his motor skills.

quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    I saw the interview. He took a drug test and passed. I knew kids in my youth who did too many drugs in their time. They got slow and would drool. It's nothing like Sheen was exibiting. He's acting more like a motivational speaker then a drug fried out OD case.

Depending on what he used he can show clean rather quickly. I can do better (so to speak) than say "I knew folks who ...." and while he may not exhibit what you saw in others it may simply be because what he's doing amps him up as opposed to turning him down.

BTW, when asked about using he has responded with "drug tests don't lie". Well, that's true but doesn't exactly answer the question - in fact it's a pretty neat way of seeming to answer the question while avoiding it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Look up Xhamster and the names of his chicks.

LOL

quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    I dig his hot multiple wives!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Having been down the same road Charlie is on, I do know what I'm talking about. The drug tests he passed say that he hadn't done some drugs in 72 hours.

I happen to know a "little bit" about laboratory testing, and before I would draw ANY conclusion about what his test results do or don't mean, I'd have to know exactly what sort of testing was done and under what circumstances.

Just the fact that Sheen (or his representatie) said on TV he had negative testing doesn't carry a lot of weight with me. I need a LOT more information than that to form an opinion about what these alleged test results mean.

Who collected the sample(s), where, when, under what circumstances, who followed the evidence chain, who ran the assay, which assays were run, who analyzed the results, and who reported them.

That would be a good place to start.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with you Sheen isn't half dead, he may walk away mostly OK. But not being in that condition doen't mean he hasn't been damaged. As another posted pointed out (and you can certainly verify this elsewhere) certain drugs effect the brain and its chemistry. The best analogy I can make is if a person smokes for a long time they do damage to their lungs. When they stop, that's helpful but some damage to the lungs remains. There is a similar result on the brain depending on which drugs he uses. Using alot of coke, meth, ice or E & his brain's pleasure sensors are flooded. His brain & chemistry gets used to that rush & is changed as a result, the net effect may be that even if he stops using he'll perpetually feel kind of down. Not "Suicide Tuesday" down but just a touch. When he gets good news instead of a big grin and "that's great" it will be a subdued "oh that's nice".

The Drug heads I knew who did too much would not get amped up into normal speed of movement and speech by doing any drug made. They were fried out and nothing was goign to change it. They drooled. This is not Sheen at least not yet.

I think I am reacting to hyperbol with some members trying to imply he's on par with someone who's done too much and is messed up for good.

He may have done too much but currently not enough to effect his motor skills.

quote:Originally posted by dfletcher

Depending on what he used he can show clean rather quickly. I can do better (so to speak) than say "I knew folks who ...." and while he may not exhibit what you saw in others it may simply be because what he's doing amps him up as opposed to turning him down.

BTW, when asked about using he has responded with "drug tests don't lie". Well, that's true but doesn't exactly answer the question - in fact it's a pretty neat way of seeming to answer the question while avoiding it.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1

Your not hearing what I am saying. I am saying he does not exibit signs of having done so many drugs he's damaged his brain as some are implying. The Signs are totally different.

Does he act like he's on drugs or has been recently? Yes but then even he will confirm that.

I did misunderstand your point. Thanks for clarifying.