In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Longest shot you ever made.

2»

Comments

• Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    I think the next GB Give-a-way needs to be a pair of RANGEFINDERS![:D][:D][;)][:D]

Ben
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a round from an M-79 in the window of a building at 250yds.

Not a long shot.... but I shot a dove out of the air with a smith .38 spl revolver many years ago at Crowley Lake.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PATBUZZARD
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    2 miles! Took a T-72 in a M1A1 Abrams![:D]

I thought you were a truck driver, not a tank gunner....
    You are right! But don't I get some credit since without my fuel they would not have been ablr to pull the trigger?

After all I only took half the credit since the Abrams can hit from 4 miles![:D]

Dang fuelers!! Always trying to ride our coat tails to glory!! I miss my tank!!
    Pat, You see my signature line don't you![:D][:D]
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jbw1776
    I think the next GB Give-a-way needs to be a pair of RANGEFINDERS![:D][:D][;)][:D]

Ben

... and waders ... or PFDs [}:)].
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    I'm putting my boots on. The BS is getting pretty deep in here. [:D]

Anyone calling BS isn't pushing their Rifles hard enough, If you can't hit a man at 300 yards (900 feet) with open sights you better get to the range and practice, because you don't deserve to own a rifle.
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    I took out a Tiger at 16,231 meters with my .22 single shot, open sighted TACTICAL ASSAULT rifle. Same shot also killed a couple of Nuns on the way.

D.

That's pretty good, You should switch from shorts to long rifles. Then you could take an elephant at that range.
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    26 chipmunks at 12 feet from the kitchen window in the bird feeder with a blow gun 6ft long,over the course of 2 months,for a college taxidermy project,made a skull cap out of them with a fox squirell tail,got graded A+ one week later the dog ate it,[V]
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    For S&G's we decided to thin out the pigeon population in an aux bldg in a power plant I worked. Popped one right thru the eye on the wing at about 60-70 feet with a Crosman BB gun,dropped like a stone. Luckiest shot ever made by man.