In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Toy

2»

Comments

• Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DSC00070.jpg

Savage 10FP with Zeiss 4.5-14x44 got a heck of a deal on it here on Gunbroker. Can't wait to get out to the range. May finally have to take up reloading to do some load development for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Since we are showing pictures of our bikes I thought I would share one of my new toy. I found it on Craigslist. I was very underpriced. I've been "between bikes" for too long. Kept thinking my next one would be a Harley, but what the heck. I'll ride this cheap one until I finally get that Harley.

01010101020901040820070913719550be3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wife bought me a Gibbs enfield .308 today.
    It was a present for not attacking a nut case in the V.A.
    I never try to PUSH my beliefs off on to anybody unless they ask, and are serious.
    Just hate it when they just walk up and start yelling "God is comming!" "you need to get right with God" " You need to be saved!"
    I mean right in your face. Didn't jesus say something about the man praying quitly and alone in the temple? Some of these people need to read their own bible and not only pick out the part they like.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got my first kimber coming... ultra carry ll stainless w/ crimson trace.
    did i do ok? should it shoot as well as my series 70 gold cup?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep! really didnt need this one [:o)]but the wood was so purty, I couldnt let it go. My friend had this remington 1100 Trap T, and because of that purty wood I bought it..

Hard to keep out the glare..

stock.jpg

Those who can make you believe absurdities
    can make you commit atrocities.

Do I give my friends advice? NO, . They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Picked up my new toy this morning, 1998 For Ranger 5.0. Nasty, fun little truck to run around in. Has a 1999 5.0, mustang rearend with 3.73's. C4 with manual valve body, and some other goop I am forgetting. Went cruising through town, love the looks when people realize what is making the rumbly noise.

50Ranger_zpseec1453d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    stopped by the pawnshop on the way home yesterday and found a remington 890 express youth 20 ga mag, wood stock in very nice shape. i couldnt turn it down. with tax and all it was $160. it has the 20 inch barrel, and the youth stock, but it still fits me nicely (6', 200lb). im thinking of keeping it behind the seat in my ranger as a truck gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just picked up my latest purchase. I had one of the original Millennium PT140s. Loved the size...but it shot low to the point of aim and the trigger wasn't all that great. This is a Pro model. The grip is a little smaller but other than that, I think I will like it. The seller was a competitive shooter and was actually nice enough to shot and email me a target when I expressed concern over the point of aim. Of course the day I pick it up I get the Ruger newsletter unveiling their SR40[^]

Just realized I didn't put the link in...duh!
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=192668171
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is my step daughter with my newest toy.
    Brenda22-250.jpg

Savage 110, 22-250. Older rifle but apparently still shoots well. Two shots touching at 50 yards. I didn't have much time and the snow was over three feet deep at the range. I had to walk over 100 yards through it just to get to the shooting house. Once there, I REALLY didn't feel like walking back and forth to the 100 yard berm checking targets. So, I just settled for 1/2" low at 50 yards for now. I'll check the ballistics program to see where that puts me out farther.

I couldn't stand for the rifle to just sit there, staring at me, wanting to know when I was taking it out.

All in all, a fun way to spend a payed day off![:D]

Mental note: GET A SPOTTING SCOPE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    picked up the new 06 today from the friend I bought it from.....rem 700 adl black synthetic....never been out of the box got it and a hardcase for $300....I think I did ok......will take it out next weekend and tell yall how it shoots

imay not know it all.....but at least I know that!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have seen others post info about their latest acquisition. Guess I am not above doing the same. Picked it up today from the gunsmith. It came in a couple of weeks ago, but I sent it straight to him. Ruger M77 ultralight 257 Roberts. He mounted the Nikon 2x7 and installed a timney trigger that I had ordered when I ordered the rifle. WOW, it is cute. Light, short and cute. Trigger @ 1 3/4 lbs, no movement, no creep, just goes. I will sight it in, but will likely never hunt with it. Bought it for a "special reason." If anyone is interested in that reason, see my topic "Is anyone as foolish as I am?" But I like it. [:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just picked up my new Sig 229 SAS today. This is my first Sig and I cannot wait to try it out this weekend.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    Cool gun. [^]

By the way, your thread title made me want to post:

"Oh eeyo" [:D]

Jim

I don't get it?
  • Options
    Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mango tango
    I always wanted a Henry Golden Boy and i always wanted a .17 HMR rifle, so now i have the best of both worlds, a Golden Boy in .17 HMR!

Just picked it up today!

postpics.gif
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1

Sorry youngster. [;)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VgDSNxlGU

Jim

[:D]

kick * tunes. never heard it...
  • Options
    7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just wasted 2:57 minutes of my life listening to that song.....Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    I just wasted 2:57 minutes of my life listening to that song.....Thanks

Yeah, no kidding! How could anyone listen to that crap for more than 10 seconds?
  • Options
    ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mango tango
    I always wanted a Henry Golden Boy and i always wanted a .17 HMR rifle, so now i have the best of both worlds, a Golden Boy in .17 HMR!

Just picked it up today!

Congrats Mango, I have had mine for a few years now. Great looking rifle in a great round and fun to shoot. We had a Nutria problem until my youngest son got hold of the Henry.[^]

AT
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess you had to be alive in the 80's. At least, not still in diapers to appreciate it. Those were fun days, with fun music. Not the "rap slop hip hop I'm a queer" stuff they play today. By the way, country music is best. Period. [;)]

Jim
    So true, Jim.

Listening brought back fond memories...or were they flashbacks?

Anyway, it was a wonderful (though stranger) time, thanks.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele