In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

UPDATE: herniated disc

2»

Comments

• indy_kidindy_kid Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    I got ya beat. I have S1 L5 L4 L3 all fused. One thing docs dont tell you is that intervertebral bulge will almost always end up with fusion vs a simple discectomy. Also once one level of your spine is operated on, it is like a ladder. The problems can and almost always do go up or down with more surgeries inevitable.

...Echo that. This is my L4,L5,S1. Look at the juncture of L4 and L3. The problem just goes up higher.

[img][/img]backX-rays007.jpg

Nice spacing!!! Plenty of room in there! No so with mine. That could be my X-ray - I have the same amount of hardware in the same area.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    I have lower back troubles, and surgery has been put on the table a couple of times. I'll see a chiropractor and keep exercising until I can stand the pain no more. I hear many more horror stories about back surgery than I do successful ones. No reason to make it worse when i am doing okay without going under the knife.
  • callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no intention of ever having surgery unless it's to put me back together after an accident, or to have my appendix removed.

OK, and I may get breast implants one day, but only because they look like fun.