In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EMM

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
edited November 2006 in General Discussion
I sometimes wonder if you're a real person. Could you provide a link to a past post where you talked about your personal life?

Are you 2nd account?

Seriously.

Ben

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    is it just me or does "the 300" look like quite possibly the greatest movie in the last 20 years?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have no contact info. Please email me so we can finalize our wager.

topcat1.jpg Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What'd I miss?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You were doubting that North Korea was sending Nuke stuff to Syria?

Report: Israeli Forces Seized Nuclear Material During Syrian Raid
    Sunday , September 23, 2007

Israeli commandos seized nuclear material of North Korean origin during a daring raid on a secret military site in Syria before Israel bombed it this month, according to Sunday Times report citing informed sources in Washington and Jerusalem.

The attack was launched with American approval on September 6 after Washington was shown evidence the material was nuclear related, the well-placed sources say.

They confirmed that samples taken from Syria for testing had been identified as North Korean. This raised fears that Syria might have joined North Korea and Iran in seeking to acquire nuclear weapons.

Israeli special forces had been gathering intelligence for several months in Syria, according to Israeli sources. They located the nuclear material at a compound near Dayr az-Zwar in the north.

Evidence that North Korean personnel were at the site is said to have been shared with President Bush over the summer. A senior American source said the administration sought proof of nuclear-related activities before giving the attack its blessing.

Diplomats in North Korea and China believe a number of North Koreans were killed in the strike, based on reports reaching Asian governments about conversations between Chinese and North Korean officials.

Syrian officials flew to Pyongyang, the North Korean capital, last week, reinforcing the view that the two nations were coordinating their response.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Am I imagining this, or have your views changed radically in the past two years?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shoot me an e-mail if you would.

Thanks

JuJu(the unorganized)btt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boring here. I guess we both have a fear of giving money to Bush. Lets just call it even and both give 25.00 to Sharpton. Don[}:)][}:)][:D][:D][}:)][}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Silence is deafening . . . .

I posed a similar query a good two+ years back, questioning if the subject came here for any reason other than to conduct drive-by cheap shots at the President on any all and all threads the subject opened. All the usual suspects rushed out to man the ramparts.

Maybe the defense of botox baby was a bit too revealing of their anti-American agenda?
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quit putting h-y on the hot seat!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EMM is Iconoclasts alter ego.[:p] It is how he deals with those rare bursts of liberal sanity...[}:)]
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Really? I always figured it was <censored>, because that way, he'd at least have someone, anyone, to agree with him and pat him on the back every so often.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    fishermanben,

Sorry about the delay... I rarely get out from Politics.[;)]

First off, yes, I am a real person. And no, I am not a second account. Heck, why would I want to boost another number when it's taken me years to get over 10,000 posts?[:p]

As for my personal life, I don't really think it's important enough to advertise. I know it's all the rage for "bloggers" to reveal every last filthy detail of their lives to the world as if anyone really gave a damn, but to be perfectly honest, I just don't care to. So no, I can't provide a link to previous posts revealing details about my personal life because I can't recall any and I'm too lazy to look 'em up if I did.[:D]
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    fishermanben,

First off, yes, I am a real person. And no, I am not a second account. Heck, why would I want to boost another number when it's taken me years to get over 10,000 posts?[:p]

As for my personal life, I don't really think it's important enough to advertise. I know it's all the rage for "bloggers" to reveal every last filthy detail of their lives to the world as if anyone really gave a damn, but to be perfectly honest, I just don't care to. So no, I can't provide a link to previous posts revealing details about my personal life because I can't recall any and I'm too lazy to look 'em up if I did.[:D]

Do you have a wife or girlfriend? Can we see naked pictures of her?

I've often thought that if conservatives and liberals could just share naked pictures of wives and girlfriends that we would figure out that we're not so different after all. I think it would provide a healing experience.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh come on. confirm yourself. It really shouldn't be that hard. Any appearances on tv? newspaper articles? tax returns?[:D]

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hughbetcha,

I would, but I promised Kristanna Loken I would never show those pictures of her to anyone...

Damn! Now I've said too much...[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fishermanben,

Never been in a newspaper, was on TV decades ago, and ain't never gonna divulge my tax info (identity theft, y'know[:p]).
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fishermanben,

Uh huh, so now you're saying being a "Texan" has to do with the filthy details of your life - or don't you recall your claim to fame?
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben, why would you suppose it is any of your business? Why would it matter whether EMM is real or a second account. What he posts either stands on its own merits or does not. Whether you agree with his positions or not this is a cyber world where nothing is real.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi,

Like I said, I don't recall which details I handed out and am too lazy to look for them.

As is, you just provided a detail of my personal life, so there it is.
  • Options
    TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EMM,

You're a Texan, huh? Where you from?

Us Texans need to stick together........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TexasVet,

Dallas proper. Not Plano or Richardson. Unfortunately I no longer reside in Texas... I now live in California.[xx(]

I believe Bloviator, Nunn, and dheffley are all fellow Texans as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    this is a cyber world where nothing is real.

not true. And, it IS none of my business. If he doesn't want to say, he obviously doesn't have to. It was an inquiry--That is all. Just to be clear, I've never had any kind of animosity at all towards EMM. I just have wondered for a while if he was real, because he has never really given one personal detail of his life. To me that seems odd. It seems like at some point you would mention a wife, a kid, a parent, a cousin, a job, a car, a gun, or just anything that would be unique to an individual. It has never happened to my knowledge, and that is why I asked.

add: I guess I always try to look at the person who is posting, and develop an image of them in my mind of who they are, and what experiences they draw on in their responses, and to me EMM is the one person on here that I cannot relate to on any level, because I cannot envision a normal, everyday, flawed human behind the monicker.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ben, I too was just curious, and I do not disagree that it is unusual that EMM is as private as he is, but it is still a cyber world. whatever you think you might have picked about me here, may or may not have any basis in reality.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    whatever you think you might have picked about me here, may or may not have any basis in reality.

so true.

Ben
  • Options
    TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TexasVet,

Dallas proper. Not Plano or Richardson. Unfortunately I no longer reside in Texas... I now live in California.[xx(]

I believe Bloviator, Nunn, and dheffley are all fellow Texans as well.

Sorry to hear that you have to live in California instead of Texas; I lived there -- first in the Valley (Woodland Hills) and then in Kern County (Bakersfield). There were some really nice people there (and a few wierd ones!)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TexasVet
    EMM,

You're a Texan, huh? Where you from?

Us Texans need to stick together........

Be careful with your good nature TexasVet.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben,

I took no offense at your inquiry. People get curious and I'm cool with that.

For the record, I write for a living. I own several guns, but prefer shooting long guns over hand guns. And while I may seem like a stark raving liberal around here, I find myself painted as an inflexible conservative neanderthal out here - which is good because I'd hate to be pegged as anything that can be summed up in one word.[;)][:D]

I have no girlfriend currently (not for lack of trying), no pets (no time for 'em), and no kids (that I know of).

Other than that, I'm a pretty dull individual (as if the preceding items were riveting show stoppers).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TexasVet,

I've met some great people out here. A lot of folks out here are "closet" shooters. A few of us, however, are pretty unabashed about enjoying our 2nd Amendment rights.

Bakersfield, eh? I drive through there whenever I go to Vegas.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    monkey is real (not his real name [:D]). We em some, not as much as should, but some. As most around here, once off the "soap box" (forum), he's just a regular gun loving guy...he's able to keep politics out of a pm, good thing([:D])...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    EMM: How do you see yourself on such a political spectrum - ranging from a stark raving liberal to a conservative neanderthal? Hint, take into consideration that most Southerners, indeed, most Texans with any roots to speak of, are Dixiecrats, which might be seen as the mother of all conservative starks in the eyes of the Anti-American. Which is to say that our southern fathers bled for states rights.

On the lighter side, what do you write about?
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you didn't take offense. Nice to meet you.[;)]

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bloviator,

Thanks![:D]

kimi,

I don't consider myself a liberal, conservative, or even a moderate. Liberal means you don't think enough, conservative means you think too much about the wrong things, and moderate is a fancy way of saying you don't know what to think.

I have a tendency to be uncompromising in my very disparate views. For example, I am pro-choice, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-immigration (legal), pro-integration and assimilation (I don't really care for "multiculturalism"), pro-military, but anti-Iraq War. I am anti-illegal immigration, anti-gun control, anti-welfare, and pro-education including sex education in schools as well as any proposed or actual firearms instruction in schools.

My views may not make sense or have any logic, but they're what I believe in. I am not ardently pro-states' rights because California has shown me what a cluster-f*** state's rights can be. I believe in smart state's rights. The dumb ones should to be told what to do and often.[;)][:D]

And lest I forget - I hate and fear zombies with a passion. George A. Romero slow, shuffling zombies I can live with... those new fast "Dawn of the Dead" remake zombies scare the heebie jeebies outta me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your assimilation to your community and profession seems to fit your current life rather well.

BTW, what do you write about?
    What's next?
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    John is a real person with whom I almost totally disagree when it comes to politics. Still, his heart is good and he's not a fake or a bad person. He just walks a little to far left of center![:D]

Hey Monkey! Your democratic buddies are stepping on their tounges again![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dheff,

You mean outta their @$$es, don't you?

Ever since Mark Warner said he wasn't running in '08, I couldn't care less about 'em.

kimi,

Trust me, if anything, this community out here has made me even more "conservative" than I previously.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dheff,

You mean outta their @$$es, don't you?

Ever since Mark Warner said he wasn't running in '08, I couldn't care less about 'em.

kimi,

Trust me, if anything, this community out here has made me even more "conservative" than I previously.

I see the GB community has helped us both, I seemed to have moved somewhat "center" myself, as Dixiecrats go.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi,

GunBroker does that. Like dheffley alluded to, we don't often agree, but at least we all think.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have a good evening monkey, and if and when you get the chance, write a well desrved poem about Old John TCL Kerry. I promise, I won't tell any of those Berkeley schooled foreigners you might have in your community. Trust me.
    What's next?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    John is a real person with whom I almost totally disagree when it comes to politics. Still, his heart is good and he's not a fake or a bad person. He just walks a little to far left of center![:D]

Hey Monkey! Your democratic buddies are stepping on their tounges again![}:)]

That about sums up what I've been able to gather from here...