In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EMM

2»

Comments

• Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog:
    EMM is Iconoclasts alter ego. [:p]

Not in this, or any other, lifetime.
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog:
    It is how he deals with those rare bursts of liberal sanity... [}:)]

"(L)iberal sanity" would be the paradigm for oxymorons.

I agree with the dimoCRAPs on a few issues to some degree, but I've never been a liberal, never will be barring a head injury. I can remember, even in grade school, working for Nixon in 1960, running errands and passing out campaign material. Outside of JFK, there's not been a dimoRAT Presidential candidate in my lifetime I'd spit on if it ran by me decorated in flaming napalm . . . and most I'd toss on a few more gallons of gas just to make sure they were completely toast. Used to be some decent dims in the House and Senate. Unless Lieberman wins this fall, that number will fall to zero.

He and you (He Dog) are two of only four liberals I "know" who could cross the road in front of me in complete safety. Otherwise, accidents *do* happen and my conscience would be clear - uplifted, in fact.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bravo! No offence to He Dog.
    What's next?
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Iconoclast
    "(L)iberal sanity" would be the paradigm for oxymorons.

I agree with the dimoCRAPs on a few issues to some degree, but I've never been a liberal, never will be barring a head injury. I can remember, even in grade school, working for Nixon in 1960, running errands and passing out campaign material. Outside of JFK, there's not been a dimoRAT Presidential candidate in my lifetime I'd spit on if it ran by me decorated in flaming napalm . . . and most I'd toss on a few more gallons of gas just to make sure they were completely toast. Used to be some decent dims in the House and Senate. Unless Lieberman wins this fall, that number will fall to zero.

He and you (He Dog) are two of only four liberals I "know" who could cross the road in front of me in complete safety. Otherwise, accidents *do* happen and my conscience would be clear - uplifted, in fact.

Representative Virgil Goode was the only Democrat I ever voted for, but now he's a Republican and ruined my claim to being a Liberal. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi - just to make it clear if it wasn't the first time, I knew He Dog's post was simply a light-hearted gibe of the sort he tosses in my direction every now and then. We go back a long way on GD; we've disagreed (probably more often than not), but I respect the man and have never sought to offend him, for I've never known him to be offensive . . . just wrong in his thinking [}:)]. Hell, sometimes I even agree with him. Others . . . well, like lurch, major contributers to thermal air pollution on the best of days, but more likely a primary source of methane.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi - just to make it clear if it wasn't the first time, I knew He Dog's post was simply a light-hearted gibe of the sort he tosses in my direction every now and then. We go back a long way on GD; we've disagreed (probably more often than not), but I respect the man and have never sought to offend him, for I've never known him to be offensive . . . just wrong in his thinking [}:)]. Hell, sometimes I even agree with him. Others . . . well, like lurch, major contributers to thermal air pollution on the best of days, but more likely a primary source of methane.

I don't agree with many of the things that He Dog posts, but the man can think, unlike some other folks that could be mentioned. Never discount the opposing views of someone who thought them through, they have value if for no other reason than to make you evaluate and defend your own positions.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dlrjj -

If your comment regards He Dog, I could not agree more; I thought I made it plain, but one never knows how others will perceive the words written, so my apologies if it was not.

And now reading it all with some sleep and coffee to sustain me, I will further clarify by saying "Others" refers to other parties not the times I disagree with him, even when, as usual ([}:)]), he is wrong.

Damn, I shouldn't slip out of character; no one believes me when I do! [:(]
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not going to stand by and let my friend HeDog be slandered by all these rumors.

I respect HeDog because underneath that black chiffon gown, fishnet stockings and four-inch high-heeled pumps that he is occasionally spotted wearing in some of the better hotel lobbies of the Southwest, there beats the heart of good and decent man, a friend to all creatures great and small.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dlrjj -

If your comment regards He Dog, I could not agree more; I thought I made it plain, but one never knows how others will perceive the words written, so my apologies if it was not.

I was just agreeing with your evaluation and your statement. The message was understood and appreciated.[:)]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.