In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do you remember your first gun?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, first gun I learned to shoot with was my grandfathers Winchester model 69A and the first gun I bought by my self from hay money was a mossberg 640K chuckster in 22 mag. , I still have both of them.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. First one I ever shot was....Dads 30-40.

Imagine being 7 or 8 and yanking the trigger on that beast....and then asking to do it again. [B)][^]

First one I owned was a Savage Model 99E in .300 Savage.

I still heave them both. And always will.
  • Options
    rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first gun was a 4 " S&W model 19 .357 mag. Aside from the BB and pellet guns, that was my first real gun. One of my friends told me it was just a 38 spl that you could put occasional .357's thru it. t, between myself and friends that I shot with, we put a lot of .357 magnum rounds thru that gun and never had any issues with it. I did eventually trade it + a little cash for a S&W 586.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not going to say what type it is, but yeah, I still have my first gun.

And my second.

And my third.

[:p][}:)]
  • Options
    B&G ClingerB&G Clinger Member Posts: 1,789 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    Yes, but define first?

-Daisy BB gun when I was 8. Still have it. I spent many hours shooting

Ditto. Dad handed down a few shotguns over the years and a few .22s. The first hand gun I purchased myself was a RIA 1911 right here on GB!
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never will forget it. I wanted one for Christmas, I was about 10 year old. The gun came disassembled and was was in a box about 2 and a half ft. Long. It never occurred to me that a 410 shotgun could be in that small box. Still have it, one that I'll have as long as I live. Lots of memories of that gun.
    jw
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Well kinda. Mine 1st wasn't really "mine". It was a family gun. Actually owned by my father and shared by me and my brother. It was a Winchester Model 190.
    I think the 1st one I ever bought on my own was an FIE Buffalo Scout.