In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need some ideas

2»

Comments

• Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Buy him a case of exploding targets and spend the day looking at the smile on his face every time he hits one.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been there, done that.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    What about an RC boat? A fella around here has been running one in a pond, its fast, and throws up a good sized rooster tail. He even draws a small crowd sometimes, it looks like fun.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Could do what my sons and i do. I bought an older gas remote car and a helium balloon kit. We would tie the balloons to the car and take turns driving it around while the other shot at the balloons. Only had to replace the car once. Guess you could buy him a new one and go from there. We do this for all of are birthdays as long as weather cooperates. Kids say its better then the gifts we give them later in the day.
  • Options
    yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm for the idea of an old vehicle and help him fix it up. Worked for me when I was about his age. Got my first car at 14 (1959 Volkswagen) My dad and I went though every part bumper to bumper and it was my calling. Almost 40 years later, I'm working on Aircraft carriers for a living. Still pulling wrenches and love it!