In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

300 yard + gun

2»

Comments

• 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can never go wrong with a .308. Springfield makes a lot of variants of the M14 for the civilian market, and they're all good to 300 yards and beyond.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    crap at 300 yards why pay extra for the ammo a 223 with do just fine. I have a dpms ar that will put a round throgh a coyotes skull at that range. what are you planning on shooting.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Dennisnielson,

You know what...those oversized pictures REALLY irritate me. Either figure out how to size your pictures...or stop posting them! Honest!!

I HATE threads too wide to read. Your insensitivity to everyone else makes you look like an *!!

Honest!!

edit: ...and you do it EVERY time!!

I don't mind the pictures

It's the big signatures that really bug me.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Ruger, 77 MKII VT, .223.

2003_0106ruger0005.jpg?t=1243692699
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Dennisnielson,

You know what...those oversized pictures REALLY irritate me. Either figure out how to size your pictures...or stop posting them! Honest!!

I HATE threads too wide to read. Your insensitivity to everyone else makes you look like an *!!

Honest!!

edit: ...and you do it EVERY time!!

damn, who pissed in your cheerios.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Ya know what I missed at first? The author says 300+.

As in: starting at 300.

So I'd move up to the 6mm family at least.
    edited November -1
    Yeah 6mmBR is an interesting round.

Not very widespread here though =o(
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a 220 swift and a 6mm. Both are strong past 300. Ammo is a pain unless you roll your own though.

AT
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq

.243 is in the same family.

That's pretty common.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq

.243 is in the same family.

That's pretty common.

Yes, the .243Win is widespread here - but lets face it, a country with a mere 56.000 people.... doesn't call for all sorts of calibers.

6mmBR would be a specialty round - eventhough 243Win is widely used for reindeer.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wild cat man
    what the range for these i shoot one in groupe with 22 at 50 yards what brand would you recomend

Is that 1" group at 50 yards because of you not shooting more often, junk ammo or junk firearm? If that's your best, I would suggest you look for something for shooting a wee bit closer than 300+ yards.
  • wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think shooting one in, groupe at 50 yards using open sights is pretty decient for 22 cal.. i have went to lacal gun guy and he loaned me 223 remington. shooting about 300 yards seem to hold a close pattern. i was shooting around 3in groupe with 10 rounds. take me a little more practice with a gun like this. i am going to to go with the 223 find a good scope to go with it.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Cat man-Thats pretty good shooting. I think them crows are in REAL danger now. Enjoy[^]
  • wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    crows, black birds, is best shooting ,the black birds dont stay around much ,crows hang them up the other ones dont come back. idont know why.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wild cat man
    i think shooting one in, groupe at 50 yards using open sights is pretty decient for 22 cal.. i have went to lacal gun guy and he loaned me 223 remington. shooting about 300 yards seem to hold a close pattern. i was shooting around 3in groupe with 10 rounds. take me a little more practice with a gun like this. i am going to to go with the 223 find a good scope to go with it.

Try a miler then ... http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/shooting-223-mile-1.php

Good luck!