In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BEER

2»

Comments

• pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I like stouts(Guinness) or Porters (Pipeline Porter ale)
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    after 3 or 4 beers they taste the same[:(] Germany had some very good fest BEER. [^]
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    Milwaukee's[;)][:D] best

Ah. The Beast. I was wondering how long that would take.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    brew your own some of the best stuff I've had has been home brews

I agree, my M?rzen and Octoberfest have usually turned out well. I have a mean IPA that tastes good, but the color is never as light as the commercial products.

Doesn't keep my friends and the staff from emptying the keg!
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Milwuakee's Best is the best beer from Milwaukee. It says so on the can. It would be false advertising if it wasn't!
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:p]
    m-plbeerb2.jpg
    [:p]
    And Firestone DBA
    lightbox_titleDBA.jpg
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,027 ******
    edited November -1
    My favorite:

O.P.

(Like another of my favorite things, the worst I ever had was fabulous!)
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    Priming-1.jpg

Hey bro next time slip the can of WD-40 out of the picture, leaving yourself wide open for so many variations of knocking the rust off lubrication in front of the computer type replies [:D][:D][:o)][:o)][:D][:D]

Oh yeah and that is a milkshake not a beer! [8D]

b
  • ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    I make a pretty decent Dopplebock. I like almost any Stout.
    Tom[:D][:D]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont drink any more but I still miss the taste of Budweiser Draft Beer. Ive drank alot of beer and none was any better to me.
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love to drink different styles of beer. Ales are nice for a change, but Lagers are my standby. These are the only two types of beer. Everything else is a variation of one of these two main styles. Laugh if you want, but for a true Lager PBR in a bottle is hard to beat price and taste wise.

For something a little pricey in a lager, but super smooth try LandShark...an AB product in disquise.

For an Ale, Sierra Pale Ale is hard to beat.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know JustC will give me a rash of crap for this:

I have a new favorite, the Boulevard Wheat.

It replace Sam Adams as my favorite.

Damnest thing. Never thought any beer would knock off Sam Adams
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'm sure that War Pig prefers Colt 45 malt liquor while he pisses on graves.[:D]
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    When it's very very hot... and when you're all sweaty and grubby from toiling in that heat and you're so thirsty yer spittin feathers... any ice cold beer that's handy is the very best beer in the whole wide world.

Ron
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marner

When it's very very hot... and when you're all sweaty and grubby from toiling in that heat and you're so thirsty yer spittin feathers... any ice cold beer that's handy is the very best beer in the whole wide world.

Ron

I heard THAT. Back in the late 70's, I was working a part time home contstruction job. Heat in the high 90's to 100, hottern a HOTlanta Stewart Ave. Streetwalker!!

Had to take some guys home from the job site and they bought some beer on the way. They gave me one.....

That 14oz Old Milwaukee was the single best beer I ever drank!!!!

edited November -1
    Stewart Ave, man that is some Old School pimpin there.

Went to GaTech in the early 80's and delivered many a pizza in that neck of the woods, with not much more than my trusty Bersa and my rusted out 74 Malibu. Never had a problem thank God. Still have the Bersa too!

quote:Originally posted by Rebel_James

Ron

I heard THAT. Back in the late 70's, I was working a part time home contstruction job. Heat in the high 90's to 100, hottern a HOTlanta Stewart Ave. Streetwalker!!

Had to take some guys home from the job site and they bought some beer on the way. They gave me one.....

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    For all My Jewish Friends (and yes...this is real)These guys really know how to market!

http://www.shmaltz.com/HEBREW/index.html

sb_h.jpg
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19
    Priming-1.jpg

Hey bro next time slip the can of WD-40 out of the picture, leaving yourself wide open for so many variations of knocking the rust off lubrication in front of the computer type replies [:D][:D][:o)][:o)][:D][:D]

b

I want water, I drink water. I want beer, it better be darker then Martin Lawrence at midnight.
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    I like budweiser, and coors, coors light is pretty good too but a bit too weak, Pabst blue ribbon will do in a pinch, and any beer can make do if I've already had a few , but I have to be pretty drunk (and poor) to drink milwakee beast. Heineken is still the best beer with a good dinner.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like beer 'cos it is good
    I drink beer because I should
    if there was a song to sing
    I sing it and beer you bring
    I drink beer when I am sad
    ''cause the beer it makes me glad
    now there's nothing left to say
    so lets go drink beer

Beer is good
    Beer is good
    Beer is good
    ... and Stuff

Beer is good
    Beer is good
    Beer is good
    let's go drink some BEER

BEER

when its warm it taste's real crappy
    but cold beer will make me happy
    when I throw up on the floor
    I can go and drink some more
    they say beer will make me dumb
    it are go good with pizza
    now that we have drunk some beer
    let's go drive a car

Beer is good
    Beer is good
    Beer is good
    ....and stuff

Beer is good
    Beer is good
    Beer is good
    let's go drink some BEER

Beer

ooooooooooo

uh dude.. I think you've had enough
    ...No

lets go drink some beer.

I am drunk, drunk is me, I am drunk, wheee
    I am drunk, drunk is me, I am drunk wheee
    i am drunk, drunk is me, I am...
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19
    Priming-1.jpg

b

nah, thats not a milk shake, thats used hydrolic oil!

i like it tho.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a couple cans of this
    joose.jpg
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Went to GaTech in the early 80's and delivered many a pizza in that neck of the woods, with not much more than my trusty Bersa and my rusted out 74 Malibu. Never had a problem thank God. Still have the Bersa too!

Ron

You delivered pizza in downtown Atlanta, and lived to tell about it? You are a brave man.
    I went to Ga. Tech, too, for 2 quarters. I didn't flunk out, but that school and I did not get along.
    I knew I was in trouble, one spring night I was actually studying in my dorm room. For a study break, while sitting at my desk, I lit an M80 and tossed it out the window, this was back in the days before a/c, had the window open.
    In five minutes, here came 2 campus cops banging on my door. They were tired, too, had to climb 3 flights of stairs.
    My M80 had hit right at the foot of the Dean of Students.
    They thought it was some kind of hit.
    Hell I didn't know the Dean of Students was out there, I didn't even look out the window before I tossed the giant firecracker, what was the Dean of Students doing walking around Techwood Dorm at 10 O'clock at night?
    They saw the smoke trail from the M80, led back to my window and I was busted.
    Anyway, I didn't get kicked out of school for that, but I knew it was time to go.
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not much of an alcoholic beverage drinker, but on a recent vacation to Jamaica we tried Red Stripe. Reckon it's the local favorite down there, wasn't to bad. Personally I don't care for beer of any type, but an ice cold Red Stripe kind of hit the spot.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll stick with ice cold Shiner Bock.[:p]

AT
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Ron

You delivered pizza in downtown Atlanta, and lived to tell about it? You are a brave man.
    I went to Ga. Tech, too, for 2 quarters. I didn't flunk out, but that school and I did not get along.
    I knew I was in trouble, one spring night I was actually studying in my dorm room. For a study break, while sitting at my desk, I lit an M80 and tossed it out the window, this was back in the days before a/c, had the window open.
    In five minutes, here came 2 campus cops banging on my door. They were tired, too, had to climb 3 flights of stairs.
    My M80 had hit right at the foot of the Dean of Students.
    They thought it was some kind of hit.
    Hell I didn't know the Dean of Students was out there, I didn't even look out the window before I tossed the giant firecracker, what was the Dean of Students doing walking around Techwood Dorm at 10 O'clock at night?
    They saw the smoke trail from the M80, led back to my window and I was busted.
    Anyway, I didn't get kicked out of school for that, but I knew it was time to go.

I drove for Pero's on North Avenue for along time. Never really had any problems. As I recall, we had to go see Dean Dull on more than one occasion.
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by tomahawk
    Milwaukee's[;)][:D] best

[:p][:X]Me too!![:p][:p]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your best beer will probably NOT be an American one. Bulgarians and the Czechs, Mexico, England and Denmark all make outstanding beer.

If it has to be ice cold, it's probably not a very good brew.

Clouder..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    My IPA is the best in the World. I'll have to send you a batch. The problem with having good beer is you'll not want to go back to BMC!

Huge IPA fan here. if your "gifting" some how would one get on that list. [:D][;)]
  • boltactionboltaction Member Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stella Artois and Smithwicks also Killiangs
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    My IPA is the best in the World. I'll have to send you a batch. The problem with having good beer is you'll not want to go back to BMC!

Huge IPA fan here. if your "gifting" some how would one get on that list. [:D][;)]

We are in the process of moving and I can't make any new batches until we move. Once that is done, I'll be making beer again. I'll have another beer giveaway.

And I was not kidding either. My IPA is the best IPA and the best beer in general that I have ever had. It is better than anything that I have bought in my life.

I've made over 10 batches of it and I have the recipe pretty much perfected!