In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What are your Peeves?

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
Lets hear your pet peeves.Two of mine I was thinking of today are......

[V]Cashiers that don't count out your change to you.They just stack it up and lay your bills,coins,and receipt in your hand.As if they are never wrong.

[V]People,including intelligent people, that have to gesture constantly with their hands,as if they are using sign language.Most all our politicians do this.I was taught by my School Teachers to never use my hands unless pointing at something.

Comments

• Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I hate slow drivers[V]
    Well... They are alright as long as they stay out of the left hand lanes[8D][:o)]
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I know that cell phones are nearly a must nowadays but every time you turn around there is some jerk in line in front of you holding up the line at a gas station or forcing everybody at a restaurant listen to his dumb * conversation. Is it really so important that they can not excuse them selves outside?[:(!]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Number 1 Slow drivers in the left lane.
    Number 2 Drivers talking on a cell phone.
    Number 3 Stoopid people[;)]
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waiting in line for a cup of drip coffee because there are six fancy coffee drinks to be made in front of me.

People who stand in line at the store staring vacantly into space and then don't have their wallet out when it's time to pay--and then they insist on counting exact change but have to go back to the handbag or pocket to verify that they can't make exact change.
  • Options
    aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    my boss has a habit that i'd really like him to quit doing because it erks the hell outa me.
  • Options
    strokn47265strokn47265 Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People on wellfare that wont get out and help themselves. Even though they are perfectly capable. When ya need thats good, when ya dont and still use it just makes me wanna slap the shi* out of them. Oh one other POLITICS...
  • Options
    strokn47265strokn47265 Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh and people that aint got common sense...[:D]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Weather people who refer to something happening "to our west." (Or other compas direction.) We don't have a west; there just is one.

News reporters, trying to sound smarter than they are, referring to a paved parking spot, taxi way, or runway as a "tarmac." There is no such thing as "a tarmac." Tarmac is a tar/MacAdam mixture used for paving over 100 years ago. MacAdam was a fellow who invented a paving mixture, and it was named for him. It is something like asphalt. Yet these knuckleheads still call it "tarmac" as though that is a proper aeronautical term, even if the surface referred to is made of concrete.

BS plots on TV shows, especially soap operas.

Menstrual periods.

Bad parents.

Bad dog owners.

Anyone who thinks he is just a little bit more important than the next guy, such as the bozo who won't wait for the light to change, and cuts across the parking lot to make his turn.

People who don't carry car insurance.

People who don't speak English, and expect special treatment because they don't.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    people who think Homosexuality is a joke instead of a Sin.
  • Options
    aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    my boss has this bad habit of breathing i'd like him to quit.

people that talk during movies
    people who DO speak english but incorrectly
    the words supposably and aks....they are supposedly and ask
    laziness
    having to repeat myself
    people who drive without their lights on after sundown, during storms, fog
    people that don't signal for turns
    i do not want fries with that
    dangling participles
    having to repeat myself
    getting poked in the ribs
    having to repeat myself
    people who use the word "like" after nearly every word
    having to repeat myself
  • Options
    gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    People that are capable of working but dont and live of the governments breast.
  • Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    1.People that don't use turn signals
    2.All the noisy little imports with the loud exhaust and louder thumping music.
    3. Waiting in line at the gas station/quicky mart behind someone who is playing lotto/scratch off's and by the looks of them should use the money on something useful.
    4. The islamic apologists who keep saying that "islam" is a peaceful religion.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Nothing bothers me.

D.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have no major pet peeves tonight, just sublime confidence that i am right....only minor irritations you bet, of threads that are trolling the internet....while some here wail & rant & grind, it should be a standard to be courteous & kind....but i agree with all on the list, plus there be a hundred items missed..... thats the difference in people you see, the chance to concur or widely disagree...
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bad drivers, that includes slow drivers, those next 3 people that think they can beat the red light(especially in a turn lane), people that don't know how to blend in with traffic, don't use their turn signal(really, how lazy can you be? That damn switch is right in front of you, that turn didn't just sneak up on you!), tailgating(tailgate me and get brake-checked).

Lazy or impatient people, example- not pushing grocery carts to the return, deciding you don't want something at the store and just setting it on the nearest shelf. I've seen many a 1/2gal of milk or something sitting on the floor by the checkout at the grocery. Or flip flopping to smaller checkout lanes just to get out a little quicker, when in most cases it take you longer.

Wannabe thugs<--how big of a bada$$ are you? Wannabe anythings for that matter.

Cheaters, I hate cheaters. Be fair and square or get lost.

I'm sure I missed a thing or two.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    Number 1 Slow drivers in the left lane.
    Number 2 Drivers talking on a cell phone.
    Number 3 Stoopid people[;)]
    number 4 f..... TAILGATERS![:(!][V]
  • Options
    300Win_Mag300Win_Mag Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn

Menstrual periods.

But without that you would not be here.

I hate:

1. Loud/Noisy/Disgusting eaters
    2. Children of all kinds, shapes, and colors
    3. Know-it-alls
    4. Arnold wan-a-be in the gym
    5. Politics/Politicians
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 300Win_Mag

[/quote]

Don
  • Options
    300Win_Mag300Win_Mag Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by 300Win_Mag

Don
    [/quote]

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Either way, I still hate children. [:D]
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    so many tea pots ..& no genies!! [:D]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,414 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    If I started it would take up all the forum.
  • Options
    Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    people that pose for pictures and hold up the peace sign, but hold it sideways...people that aim a handgun, but hold it sideways.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    1. People who think the left lane is their own personal lane.

2. People who think their vehicle is a phone booth.

3. People who ride your @$$, flash their lights at you, honk their horn, etc. when it is obvious that you're not the one holding up traffic.

4. People who don't understand what that fancy stick is coming out of the right side of the steering column.

5. People who tell me that I don't need an assault rifle to go duck hunting.

6. People who tell me that hunting with a gun isn't sporting.

7. People who don't like guns, so they don't think I should have the right to own one.

8. People who really understand that the 2nd Amendment isn't about duck hunting, but still don't want me to have guns (these people truly annoy me).

9. Waiters who rush you through a meal.

10. Waiters who give crappy service and then expect me to tip them for it.

I could go on an on here, but heck, I have stuff to do today.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    This[:D] (courtesy wallie)
    peeperstinker.jpg
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drunk Drivers
    Dopeheads
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Muslims, minorities, gays, people who have not served in the military, people who don't believe in our holy war against Islam, people who don't believe that GW is destined to be one of our three greatest president, people who don't want to bomb Mecca, people who don't want to invade/destroy every nation on earth who does not worship America, zombies, gasoline costing more than $1 per gallon, anyone who speaks a language besides English anywhere within my range of hearing, anyone with more than a high school degree (C students prefered), anyone who has made any sort of money through investments, anyone who owns their own business and became a sucess at it, non union members, anyone who does not understand that somewhere in Iraq there is a warehouse filled with weapons of mass destruction and if we just stay there long enough we can find them and any minority member who won't steal a perfectly good mountain bike from a front yard in order to prove a point.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Tops on the list this week:
    Folks who use the drive-thru at a fast food joint to order hugely complicated orders for fifteen people. It takes them 10 minutes to order, then another 10 minutes to check every single bag for errors, then another 10 minutes to correct those errors. In that half-hour, I could've been back at work, having already eaten my lunch.

At least half the time, these are grossly obese people who, shouldn't be eating the garbage offered by fast food places. And if they must, should at least burn ten or fifteen calories by waddling their gigantic * throught the door so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

SO.

There ya go.

That's my peeve of the week.
  • Options
    mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pointing your finger at me, that will get it broken

going threw the drive threw and the cashier doesn't know how to give simple change and has to use a calculator.

old people driving, they either drive way to slow or way to fast

and there are many more but i don't have time
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Tops on the list this week:
    Folks who use the drive-thru at a fast food joint to order hugely complicated orders for fifteen people. It takes them 10 minutes to order, then another 10 minutes to check every single bag for errors, then another 10 minutes to correct those errors. In that half-hour, I could've been back at work, having already eaten my lunch.

At least half the time, these are grossly obese people who, shouldn't be eating the garbage offered by fast food places. And if they must, should at least burn ten or fifteen calories by waddling their gigantic * throught the door so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

SO.

There ya go.

That's my peeve of the week.
    Hey hold it a second.

They use the drivethru, genius, because their * are too big to fit through the doors.

DUH!

[;)]
  • Options
    p64makp64mak Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bosses that whistle at me like I was a dog (OK, only one, and I was promptly fired when I knocked him sprawling into a massive mud pit at the construction site...but it was SO worth it (and got hired by another company on the same job 20 minutes later...)).
    Stupid people (and, I get annoyed a LOT, because stupid people breed the most).
    .40 cal fans[:D].
    and...grrr...dammit, time to go clean the guns...too annoyed....[}:)]
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody is entitled to there opinions but not their own facts. Politcos act as if they are entitle to their own facts - and especially the "fact" that those who oppose their ideas are either intellectually or morally inferior.

In otherwords these wacko politicos feel you cannot oppose diversity, gun control, global warming, or gay marriage unless there is something wrong with you.
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Driving in the left lane @45-50mph in a 60mph zone, while on the cell phone, talking to the passangers, and putting on makeup at the same time.

See the same 3 or 4 every morning and on the way home.

Oh yeah, also stopping on the highway, while rubbernecking & gawking, still on the cell phone.

2 ice storms ago I was following 2 ladies, both on the cell phones.
    The lady in front was going around 15mph in the left lane.
    The lady in front of me was running at around 30mph.
    Me I was behind running at about 20mph.

Kaboom the ladies crashed, both did 360's in front of me then hit again!

The whole time neither put the cell phone down.

I passed and waved!!!
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    peoples that dont like GLOCKS
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any legislator who thinks that they have to create some idiot law because they feel that we are too stupid to make our own decisions.

Any liberal who is too stupid and uneducated that beleives the goverment will take care of them.

The good old boys in big business.

A thief and a liar.

Anyone who abuses others for their own gain.
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soccer moms turned unsucessful real Estate agents are the worst night mare cell phone abusers, they stop in the middle of the street, get lost, don't no where the hell their going, call for directions while trying to cover up their error by telling bad jokes to pissed off clients in the back seat.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Liars
    2. People with SUV or other 4 wheel drive vehicle that think they can still drive 70 MPH in the snow and ice
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    people who say "do what?"

people who say "approximately" drive me up a fff wall!

you put your $$ on the counter so you can count it, but the clerk grabs it anyways like that's what you were going to give them

people who say one thing, then say "actually..." (something else) habitually

people who ignore my turn signal to get in the other lane, they just keep going

and then they get mad because I cut them off

having to wait in line cuz the cashier is sooooo damn slow, I really hate that one cuz it happens about every day

about every TV news person grates on my nerves, so I don't bother watching

about every NPR news person grates on my nerves, so I don't bother listening

whenever you call the 1-800 number for something, if they don't think you got their name, they almost always end up hanging up on you

rappa-ganstas
  • Options
    ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Retired military officers and E-9's that get GS-12 positions in Civil Service that devote their entire time to trying to figure out ways to screw over the workers to save money...ignoring all Federal Laws while doing so.

Those above that have positions created for them that get quickly "announced" and they slide into their new office immediately after retirement.

I have no idea what they do with their time besides the above and they get paid almost as much as the President of the United States with their retirements and Civil Service job.

Yet they won't do the paperwork to get their workers a $1 an hour raise allowed by Federal Law to transport explosives, bombs, missiles, and thermo nuclear warheads for hazard pay.

I'd like to deliver one to his office. But in this game it's shut up and color.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    You guys are like rubber bands, stretched to the edge of their failure point. I had no idea how many members were wrapped this tight.

Hope I'm not around when your rubber band breaks.

D.