In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What are your Peeves?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p64mak
    Bosses that whistle at me like I was a dog

I had a boss like that.
    We struck a deal.
    He quit whistling at me and I quit humping his wife's leg.

I still crapped on his lawn, though.

Just because.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Loud chewers (mouth open) are my #1 pet peeve. I've got plenty more but this one takes the cake.
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I pretty much hate everything, so anything has the potential to be a pet peeve. A recent one is sellers who don't list prices on gunshow items. Are they ashamed of the prices, too lazy to list them, or so clever they just know they'll be able to talk buyers into paying inflated prices that they otherwise would walk away from?[}:)]
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Liberals[}:)]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    People who drive 10 under the speed limit when the roads are wet because they could be slippery even though they're not.

Liberals who will defend their right to free speech and condemn my right to own firearms, but when I try to use free speech to defend my right to own firearms won't let me speak my mind.
  • Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    people who drive like the roads are as dry as a warm summer day during a snow storm and when they get in an accident say "gee I don't know what happened"[}:)][}:)][B)]
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Tops on the list this week:
    Folks who use the drive-thru at a fast food joint to order hugely complicated orders for fifteen people. It takes them 10 minutes to order, then another 10 minutes to check every single bag for errors, then another 10 minutes to correct those errors. In that half-hour, I could've been back at work, having already eaten my lunch.

At least half the time, these are grossly obese people who, shouldn't be eating the garbage offered by fast food places. And if they must, should at least burn ten or fifteen calories by waddling their gigantic * throught the door so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

SO.

There ya go.

That's my peeve of the week.

And just how does your honking at me help? [:D]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aramisvi
    my boss has a habit that i'd really like him to quit doing because it erks the hell outa me.

What's that, making you work?
  • Options
    toolsforfoolstoolsforfools Member Posts: 1,285 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DRUG DEALERS standing on a corner selling drugs in my town!!!I can see them but the local police cannot and when ask(The police)why they do not see it.They tell me they are not sure that the people are selling drugs.I guess they(The dealers) are handing out free lolly pops to all the people they go up to the window of all the cars that stop[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Tops on the list this week:
    Folks who use the drive-thru at a fast food joint to order hugely complicated orders for fifteen people. It takes them 10 minutes to order, then another 10 minutes to check every single bag for errors, then another 10 minutes to correct those errors. In that half-hour, I could've been back at work, having already eaten my lunch.

At least half the time, these are grossly obese people who, shouldn't be eating the garbage offered by fast food places. And if they must, should at least burn ten or fifteen calories by waddling their gigantic * throught the door so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

SO.

There ya go.

That's my peeve of the week.

And just how does your honking at me help? [:D]

It's tempting, Dave.

It's so tempting....

But I don't honk. I just sit there, quietly envisioning myself bouncing jelly beans off of their little punkin heads. I don't know why, but that seems to help.
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    Any legislator who thinks that they have to create some idiot law because they feel that we are too stupid to make our own decisions.

Any liberal who is too stupid and uneducated that beleives the goverment will take care of them.

The good old boys in big business.

A thief and a liar.

Anyone who abuses others for their own gain.

All those, and add twisted phone cords.[;)]
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    people that do not agree with me.
  • Options
    Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dealing with the VA AND the admin pinheads in my reserve center...
  • Options
    renneckrenneck Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate richy boy yuppies that can't change a light bulb but have hot wives and tons of cash.

I hate Retired old turds that watch me do my job for 12 hours and critique or second guess me. If i am at your home more than 3 hours go the HECK back inside sit in your lazy boy and let me do my job!

People that ask me 5 times if i'm going to show them how to use their new thermostat.

People that play with the thermostat while i'm trouble shooting. I know it's running, i need it to.

People that have their buddies RUIN (work on) their system and have us figure why it ain't working.

People that have 5,000 cats/dogs in their house and it stink likes crap! DO YOU NOT SMELL POOP IN HERE????????????????????????
    Those are the friendly ones that ask if you want something to eat. Can't you see that i'm trying not to touch anything in here???

I have tons but it's sleepy time!
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    renneck

we love yo watch you work

man_baldstache.gif
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eating or chewing gum with an open mouth is truly disgusting; ranking higher than slow drivers in the fast lane who refuse to pull over.
    Trashing out of car windows is also pretty annoying and probably equal to rap "music" out of high powered speakers in cars.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Pilots, they break planes without any regard to us crew chiefs. I think it should be a requirement for the flight crews to "job shadow" the people who fix the planes they fly. Give them an appreciation for what we do and the conditions we do it in.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,729 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I answer the phone at the store....

"gun shop".....

and the person on the other end says...

"How you doing?"

Why are they asking me this....and how many times a day do you think this is asked????
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Waiters that kneel down on the floor at your table to take your order, or worse yet plop down in a chair at your table.[xx(][:(!]

Waiters that can't seem to keep my tea glass full.[xx(][:(!]

Fast food joints, and the snot-nosed, pimple-faced, geek of a kid hands you your cup for soda by holding it with fingers inside the cup.[xx(][xx(][:(]

Not being able to find a Nylon 76 here on gunbroker, with the box, with a "Buy It Now" option of 100.00.[:(!][}:)][V][:(][:0][B)][:p][:D][;)]

Actually had a waitress at an oriental resturant pull the "binky" (pacifier) outta my 2 yr old daughters mouth and then proceed to take her finger and "blub-blub-blub" my daughters lips!![:0][B)][:(!][}:)]
  • Options
    RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kristov
    Muslims, minorities, gays, people who have not served in the military, people who don't believe in our holy war against Islam, people who don't believe that GW is destined to be one of our three greatest president, people who don't want to bomb Mecca, people who don't want to invade/destroy every nation on earth who does not worship America, zombies, gasoline costing more than $1 per gallon, anyone who speaks a language besides English anywhere within my range of hearing, anyone with more than a high school degree (C students prefered), anyone who has made any sort of money through investments, anyone who owns their own business and became a sucess at it, non union members, anyone who does not understand that somewhere in Iraq there is a warehouse filled with weapons of mass destruction and if we just stay there long enough we can find them and any minority member who won't steal a perfectly good mountain bike from a front yard in order to prove a point.

I took me a few minutes to get the point of this post--I get it!
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1