In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun/Ammo Boom Is About To Go BUST.

2»

Comments

• slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a couple of boxes of .22 Mag at a local WalMart for $9.95 today. They had some 9MM that the price had just went down on. Did not note the price because I no longer have 9MM. Hope things will eventualy get back to normal. I expect that prices will eventually settle down but will be higher than they were before due to infaltion. I am noticing that many things that I buy regularly have been going up lately.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ammo is still scarce here in Northwest Flordia....esp. 45 acp and 38spcl
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Received Ammo at Walmart in Mishawaka, Indiana.

Case was loaded. 45ACP. 9mm. 380. 357. Atlest 50 boxes on 50 rounders and atlest 75 boxes of 100 round value packs.

I bought $300.00 worth with no limits.

Dept Manager says computer shows abundant supplies at ALL Walmarts within 50 miles and expects a great deal more next week.

I told you the bust was coming.... [:D]
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Stevan1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    i told you guys about the letters i wrote to the factories months ago. they will catch up this summer and all the skanks who hoarded ammo that they don?t even own guns to will eat it.

Guns will still be flying off the shelves but ammo will become more plentiful. And Niggabama will most likely slow down the action in Afganistan and Iraq freeing up some production time for civilian orders.

they have been at it 24-7 since the "election"
    You know, you sit there and make RACIAL SLURS that do no one in this forum any good! There are families of all races and colors who have sons and daughters in the service fighting overseas for this country. They fight for our rights, yes, even the right to own guns and ammunition. Politics are one thing to espouse, but your Racist attitude far crosses the line in decency to human beings.

Moderators!! Where are you on this? Is this to be tolerated at Gun Brokers? If this is allowed to start now, when or will you stop it?

Yea, Don't use the N word. Call him a purple lipped scumbag like the rest of us.[;)]
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am reading on several various forums that some areas of the country are seeing ammo on the shelf again and prices cooling off. Not everywhere, yet, but the situation seems to be improving. If folks would just refrain from massive buying (oh, like $300 worth at a time) supplies would more quickly catch up with demand.
  • 101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Saxon Pig
    I am reading on several various forums that some areas of the country are seeing ammo on the shelf again and prices cooling off. Not everywhere, yet, but the situation seems to be improving. If folks would just refrain from massive buying (oh, like $300 worth at a time) supplies would more quickly catch up with demand.
    Who are you to tell anyone that they should refrain from massive buying? I will buy as much as I want, and if you don't approve, feel free to outbid me![:D]
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    believe it when i see it
  • lovethemcoltslovethemcolts Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    am reading on several various forums that some areas of the country are seeing ammo on the shelf again and prices cooling off. Not everywhere, yet, but the situation seems to be improving. If folks would just refrain from massive buying (oh, like $300 worth at a time) supplies would more quickly catch up with demand.

Massive buying?

I think massive buying is buying everything they had.

I actually shoot on a regular basis and $300.00 last about two outings.

Supplies are catching up with demand. Exactly why I said" Gun/Ammo boom about to go bust".

The hoarders are all stocked up and are not buying anymore. [:D]
  • DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Saxon Pig

That's only 500 rounds of 9mm right now. Used to buy it 1,000 at a time, for $150, just last year. Haven't bought any since last year however. Shelves are still empty around here. Went to Bass Pro tonight. They had plenty of guns, but ammo, powder, and primers were nowhere to be found.