In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Armageddon

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
...not a mythical name, but a real place in the Holy Land called Megiddo in Israel. Some day the mother of all battles will be fought there. Christians know it not only as a herald of destruction but a time of redemption and rebirth, when our Lord shall decend.

Comments

• Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Will Gandalf the White be present?
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    ...not a mythical name, but a real place in the Holy Land called Megiddo in Israel. Some day the mother of all battles will be fought there. Christians know it not only as a herald of destruction but a time of redemption and rebirth, when our Lord shall decend.

I stood on the mountain overlooking the valley of Megiddo almost nine years ago. The view of the valley is awesome--easy to see a battle could be waged there. While we were standing there gazing, an Israeli jet circled above, adding to the chilling moment. It won't be long, I suspect...
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster

there is no god.

what's god?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyways why are you telling us?

Just felt like posting on something today and this thought came up. When Israel fights they do not mess around. Today is not doomsday or anything, as a Christian my belief is that in Megiddo, the final earthly battle, will be fought sometime in the near future.
  • Options
    FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father was sure he would fight at the right hand of Jesus in the battle of Armageddon, which he believed would take place in 1975. He expected to see blood flowing as deep as horses' bridles, and he anticipated that sight with an exhilaration that approached glee.

1975 came and went with no apocalyptic bloodletting. He never discussed his disappointment, which must have been considerable. Later, his own personal Armageddon crept in not with a bang, but a whimper. He fell into the long slow decline of dementia, so that his body lasted far longer than his mind (and his yearning to fight alongside Jesus) did. He died in his nursing home bed after many months of lying there totally unconscious.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sad story FW, nobody knows the day or hour, could be next week, could be next century, i am changing nothing about my life, enjoying everyday and trying to do right. Live every day like its your last [;)]
  • Options
    FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    Sad story FW, nobody knows the day or hour, could be next week, could be next century, i am changing nothing about my life, enjoying everyday and trying to do right. Live every day like its your last [;)]

Yes, I try to enjoy every day and do it right, too. I did that even in the 60s, when my father assured me there was no point in making any plans beyond 1975. I thought, "Well, maybe so, maybe not. What I plan to do is arrange my life so it's satisfying as I go along. I think it will be interesting to go to college. Whether I die in 1975 or live to be a hundred, this will seem worthwhile." It was worthwhile. With the same attitude, I went to graduate school and then taught in college. Now I'm retired, still trying to live so that if I die tomorrow, I didn't leave too much undone and if I live another thirty years I can still say that I honestly tried to do more good than harm.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that day will indeed come to pass.

Notice the I believe part?... stickin with the rules here.[8D]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    doesn't the part about horses flying out of the clouds and stuff sound a little farfetched?

Yeah. So does men flying in machines that are heavier than air and sailing against the wind without sails. [;)] [:)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Great reply James.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Armageddon Sramageddon, who cares? Would the rapture hurry the hell up?! [:p]
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Welcome to Megiddo where life is fun and games
    -You can get anything you want but you better not take it from me.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by auctionplug
    My understaing is according to the Bible 'Megiddo' is just a staging area and the actual battle will take place at Jerusalem.

Yeah I think America will be plague infested smokeing hole in the ground by that point.. It says like 2/3rds of the world population will be wiped out before that battle comes to pass from pestilance, war and what not.. It is also said it will be fought the old way with spear, sword, bow and horse and blood will flow over the ground up to a horses briddle.

As best as I can understand there was no covenant between god and gentiles, unless you believe in jesus christ, and the word of the cannabal cult that the spiteful god of Abraham turned around in his blood soaked tracks 180 degrees after we gentiles mutilated and murdered his flesh and blood son..
  • Options
    clb024clb024 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When one lives in a given society, one is constantly subject to the suggestions of that society which are its common beliefs.

It is difficult to credit any one religion as being True or any one god as being True when there have been so many throughout human history. None appears to have any greater claim to being more credible or reliable than any other. Why Christianity and not Judaism? Why Islam and not Hinduism? Why monotheism and not polytheism? Every position has had its defenders, all as ardent as those in other traditions. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.
  • Options
    SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
    edited November -1
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Armageddon

by Joe Crews

Some have felt confused because much of the Old testament terminology is carried over into the New testament description of the church - words like kingdom, nation, Israel, temple, Jerusalem, Zion, tribes of Israel, etc. Even Christ said to the Pharisees, "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (literal Israel) and given to a nation (spiritual Israel) bringing forth the fruits thereof." Matthew 21:43. This is one reason the futurists and dispensationalists believe the book of Revelation pertains to the literal Jew in modern Israel. But there is no cause for such confusion. The explanation had been so clearly made in so many places that the New testament writer assumed all were aware that the church now replaced national Israel.
    http://www.mobxpozd.com/armageddon.html

The Armageddon battle is for those in Christ, who are spiritual Israel. Christians are under spiritual and physical attack from the Beast.

All the problems in the mideast have been created by the Beast as deception, so we won't kick this Beast out of our countries and claim freedom. Can't kick the Beast out if we don't know who it is.

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    doesn't the part about horses flying out of the clouds and stuff sound a little farfetched?

Yeah. So does men flying in machines that are heavier than air and sailing against the wind without sails. [;)] [:)]

but the same can be said about drowning a witch, bleeding a person, using leeches etc, we have since came a very long way scientifically, but nothing has changes with superstition, and religion

now a second grader can understand aerodynamics and lift, but still believes in santa
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

the rapture is not biblical...some guy made it up based on scriptures he pieced together. I think we all get to face the music if were still alive on that day.
    also. according to the scripture there are more signs that have to pass before the day so were safe for awhile.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

but the same can be said about drowning a witch, bleeding a person, using leeches etc, we have since came a very long way scientifically, but nothing has changes with superstition, and religion

now a second grader can understand aerodynamics and lift, but still believes in santa

You really don't know who was drowned, you weren't there. All you know is what you've read others claimed about the inquisition, their propaganda. The Roman Empire calling itself "Christian" (Catholic) labeled real Bible believing Christians witches and heretics.

Superstition? You mean like the pagan belief that life slimmed out of a mud puddle? Funny religion it is. Certainly nothing scientific about it.

Science, history and the Bible have no conflicts. Others try and change these for political purposes.

The second grader knows the difference between Santa and Jesus.

This thread is about Armageddon, if you want to claim there is no Creator God go start you a thread with this information.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166

the rapture is not biblical...some guy made it up based on scriptures he pieced together. I think we all get to face the music if were still alive on that day.
    also. according to the scripture there are more signs that have to pass before the day so were safe for awhile.

You are right Scott. Here's a short history of the rapture.
    http://ko.bibleinfo.com/old/H5/bil04660.htm

But really those who say things like p3, that they want all Christians to leave are no different than the inquisition. There are Christians being killed all over the planet for their belief.
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Leeches are back in style, didn't you know? Very good for increasing circulation on injured limbs, etc.

Now if we could just bring back the drowning and bleeding -- I can think of a few candidates for those treatments [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Amish

But really those who say things like p3, that they want all Christians to leave are no different than the inquisition. There are Christians being killed all over the planet for their belief.

So it's just another hoax pulled by the people who want you to fear a god? Amish, have you forgotten it was Christians who pulled the Inquisition? [:0]
    And the Crusades?
    And the genocide in Crotia?
  • Options
    edited November -1

So it's just another hoax pulled by the people who want you to fear a god? Amish, have you forgotten it was Christians who pulled the Inquisition? [:0]
    And the Crusades?
    And the genocide in Crotia?

Thought you'd never ask!

At what point will you quit claiming christians did the inquisition, when they were the victims. I'm sure we've went thru this before. Obviously you are not a true Atheist but are Catholic, which is why the concept of Catholic war crimes is unacceptible. Well, that faux history only works in class, not on the internet where the truth is exposed and questions are asked.

That would be Jesuit history to cover their war crimes, blaming (spin) it all on Christianity. Whether you think Catholicism is Christian or not their war crimes are not that of all Christianity.

Those war crimes were commited by the pope and his Roman Empire, which claims to be 'christian' (Roman Catholicism). The (Jesuits) inquisition was about eliminating Biblical Christianity, just as they've always done.

The same Roman Empire after being driven out of the mideast, creating Catholicism, also created Islam 630 AD, so it is doubtfull the crusades were against Islam. They slaughtered All the Christians and Jews of the ME, and North Africa, all the way up into Spain.
    http://reformation.org/vatican-and-islam.html

They still control and use Islam. The Muslims are being driven into Europe by the ME wars. In Europe they are taking country after country, with the help of the Vatican.

WW2 Ustashi was allied with Hitler's Catholic Nazis. Yugoslavian Serbs were force converted to Catholicism. Many were executed by Catholic priest IN 1945! And it's gonna happen here in the USA with people like P3 and the Roman Catholic hispanic invaders.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ustaše#Connections_with_the_Catholic_Church
    www.popedope.com/vatican_holocaust/holocaus.html

Today is no different. NATO and the USA (Pope's Pentagon) are there helping the Muslims persecute the Christian Serbs. Claims of Serb agressors in their own country were exaggerated. The concentration camp photo used to launch the Clinton strike was faked. The Albanian was in a food line on the outside of the wire.

Serb killings 'exaggerated' by west
    Claims of up to 100,000 ethnic Albanians massacred in Kosovo revised to under 3,000 as exhumations near end
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2000/aug/18/balkans3

Exposed: how Kosovo Serbs were butchered for organs
    http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/22913

church set in flames by muslim Albanians
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkgHkxIfgBc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The MYTH of the Fall of the Roman Empire!!

Most children in school are told that the Western Roman Empire fell to the barbarians in 476 A.D., and that the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine) fell in 1453 A.D. It is a DOGMA.

A British author named Edward Gibbon (1737-1794), greatly perpetuated this myth in his massive tome entitled: The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Gibbon ended the Western Empire in 476 and the Eastern Empire in 1453.

There were several barbarian invasions of Rome, but the Papal dynasty continued to rule the Western or Latin Empire right down to our own time....Even the Roman Catholics admit that Rome never fell when they claim an unbroken succession of pontiffs right back to St. Peter.

After being driven out of the Middle East the Roman Empire created Catholicism. Later they created Islam, 630 AD.

First century Christianity was in the Middle East and England. The first Christian church.
    http://www.asis.com/users/stag/glastonb.html
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/malcolmbowden/babylonpeter.htm

The Roman Empire becomes Catholic (Universal)

2880335909_fe54f465e4_o.jpg

The Heirarchy of the ROMAN EMPIRE now called the ROMAN CHURCH and THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE

Vatican City is a landlocked state, the smallest sovereign state in the world, within the city of Rome, Italy. It is governed by the Bishop of Rome (called the Pope).

Caesar Constintine began the "corporate takeover" by renaming all the old Roman offices, this evolution of name changing still occurs. Name changing allows a person to hide their tracks of origin.

Roman Empire (Imperium Romanum) renamed: Roman Catholic Church

Curia (legal body of Senators) slight name change: Curia (legal body of Cardinals)

Roman Emperor renamed: Roman Pope (head of all church and state affairs)

Roman College of Senators renamed: College of Cardinals

Magistrate of College of Senators renamed: Dean of College of Cardinals

Political Ambassador renamed: Pro-Nuncio (highest civil ambassador sent to other governements, ie Wash.DC, London etc)

Roman Senators renamed: Cardinals

Roman Governors renamed: Archbishops

Roman Senator with no territory: Bishop (Code of Canon Law 376)

(Large) Roman Province renamed: Archdiocese

(Small) Roman Territory renamed: Diocese

Imperial Chair of Jupiter where Caesar sat renamed: Throne of St. Peter

Vestal Virgins renamed: Nuns

Pontifex Maximus (high priest of College of Senators) renamed: Supreme Pontiff of College of Cardinals

Pontiff or "high priest " of a pagan religious order (Zues, Apollo, Diana, Mars, Jupiter, Baal, Dionysys, Pythia etc) same name: Pontiff

The Roman Calender and Holy Days of the gods renamed: Calendar Holidays of the Saints

Voice of the gods speaking through Caesar: Ex-Cathedra: Voice of God speaking through Pope

Meeting of the Pontiffs (high priests) of the pagan religious orders renamed: Ecumenical Council of the Bishops

Legal act of creating a god (of a living or dead human, as was done to most of the Caesars) "Apotheosis of the Gods" renamed: Canonization of the Saints

A decree of Caesar (dictator for life): Pope's decree

Praying to a dead human god renamed: Praying to a saint

links on Islam:
    http://reformation.org/vatican-and-islam.html
    http://reformation.org/franciscans.html
    http://www.essaysbyekowa.com/Islam.htm

book:
    QUEEN OF ROME, QUEEN OF ISLAM, QUEEN OF ALL: The Marian apparitions' plan to unite all religions under the Roman Catholic Church

film:
    Total Onslaught - The Islamic Connection
    with Walter Veith
    1 hr 36 min
    How does Islam fit into the picture of global conflict?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7282213372966227768

Atheism, too, is just the pagan Roman religion from their Marxist new world order schools.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

becuase of what the 2nd grader was TAUGHT.

Religion is the same way, IMHO. If drilled in your head from a very early age, that this is truth, and any deviance from said truth will lead to you burning in a pit for all eterinty, a child will believe the "faith" [xx(]

it's a lot easier to get the 2nd grader to not believe in Ssanta as it is to not believe in god IMHO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    James Arrabito gives the history of the Roman Empire and the Inquisition

Maybe on Sunday
    part 1
    61 min
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2292017880686945564
    part 2
    61 min
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4458196929560132784
    part 3
    8 min
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1265139146555200450

www.maybeonsunday.tv

The Seventh Day: Revelations from the Lost pages of History
    52 min
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5257938222622793889
    Part One of The Seventh Day: Revelations from the Lost pages of History looks back to the earliest written records of our race to discover the foundations of human time. Host Hal Holbrook unravels the mystery of our origins and shows how the seven-day week ties us to our creation and our Creator.

Overview - Part One
    1. Origins
    Views of human beginnings from Babylonian and Aztec myths as well as from the Bible and the Koran.

2. The Evolution Explanation
    Darwin's theory of evolution challenges traditional view of origins.

3. Beyond Chance
    A case against blind chance as a logical explanation of human origins.

4. Intelligent Designer
    The Bible's portrayal of Creation and the Creator.

5. The Architecture of Time
    The week and the Sabbath in the structure of human life.

6. Point of Contact
    The weekly Sabbath in man's relationship to God.

7. A Day for All Mankind
    The universal and perpetual purpose for the weekly day of rest.

8. Unholy Sabbath
    National disaster strikes the "chosen people" due, in part, to their neglect of the Sabbath.

9. Sabbath Around the World
    Somehow the concept of Sabbath extended into the culture and language of many peoples.

10. Reform
    Revival of Sabbath observance among the Jews who returned from exile results in acts of heroism and tragedy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7127440933974720552
    47 min
    Did you know that church leaders conspired to kill Jesus Christ when He broke their Sabbath rules? The Seventh Day: Revelations from the Lost Pages of History, Part Two, exposes the political and religious intrigue behind the Saturday-Sunday controversy in the early Christian church. Hal Holbrook, in his intimate and captivating style, weaves little-known historical data and expert testimony into a tapestry of compelling truth.

Overview - Part Two
    1. Religion in Rome
    A summary view of Roman religions during the time of Jesus.

2. The Jewish Sabbath
    Strict Sabbath-keeping marked the Jews as unique.

3. The Sabbath Reformer
    The Bible portrays Jesus as a revolutionary Sabbath keeper.

4. Prophecy
    Jesus predicted the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 and the continuing Christian observance of the Sabbath.

5. Christians and Jews
    The two groups shared a view of a personal God and of the weekly Sabbath, but Christians found new meaning in the holy day.

6. The Christian Sabbath
    Clear evidence for Christian observance of the seventh-day Sabbath in the first century AD.

7. Sundaykeepers
    Second-century Christians in Alexandria and Rome begin observing the first day of the week instead of the Sabbath.

8. The Day of the Sun
    Roman sun worship and its link to Christian Sunday observance.

9. Sunday Law
    Constantine legalizes Sunday as the weekly day of rest in the Roman Empire.

10. Sabbath Survives
    Proof of seventh-day (Saturday) Sabbath observance into the middle of the fourth century.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7925927806549532751
    49 min
    Did you know that Ireland's famous St. Patrick was neither Irish nor Catholic? In Part Three of The Seventh Day, Hal Holbrook tells about the battle over the seventh-day Sabbath in medieval times. It is a story riddled with fakes and forgeries, warped by legend and propaganda, and steeped in the schemes of patriarchs, popes and kings. With the testimony of experts from England, Scotland and the United States.

Overview - Part Three
    1. Celtic Christianity
    The religious background to the story of St. Patrick.

2. The Real Patrick
    Once a slave in Ireland, Patrick responds to a divine call and returns to the Emerald Isle as a missionary.

3. Celtic Sabbath
    Saturday observed as Sabbath by Celtic Christians.

4. Margaret of Scotland
    Margaret comes from England, Marries King Malcolm, and attempts to reform Sunday observance in Scotland.

5. Assault on the Sabbath
    The Church of Rome promotes the Sabbath (Saturday) fast as an expression of anti-Jewish sentiments.

6. Power Struggle
    The Sabbath fast becomes a key issue in the rivalry between church leaders in Rome and Constantinople.

7. Deceptions
    The "letter from heaven" threatens Sunday-breakers.

8. Fight for Truth
    Resistance to church/state authority brings tragedy.

9. John Wycliffe: Champion of Conscience
    An Oxford professor focuses new attention on the Bible as the supreme authority of Christian faith and practice.

10. The Lollards
    They take Wycliffe's views to England and beyond.

11. The Church vs. the Bible
    The church-state establishment opposes the spread of the Bible and the ideas of Wycliffe and the Lollards.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6928390090360965300
    60 min
    Part Four of The Seventh Day spotlights the resurgence of Sabbath observance in an era of religious upheaval - from the spiritual revolution in late 15-century Russia, through the religious rebellion of the Protestants in the 16th century, to the radical Sabbath revival of England in the 17th century. In the Revelations from the Lost Pages of History series, Hal Holbrook and guest experts from around the world uncover amazing, seldom-heard stories about God's special gift to the world, The Seventh Day.

Overview - Part Four
    1. Russian Reformation
    This Sabbathkeeping movement reached to the highest levels of Russian society and led to fiery executions in Moscow's Red Square.

2. Sabbath vs. Sunday in Ethiopia
    Jesuit missionaries succeeded in converting the Emperor to Roman Catholicism, but attempts to quash Sabbath-keeping resulted in civil war.

3. Inquisition
    Civil and religious authorities united to root out "heresy."

4. Purging the Church in Spain
    The "Catholic Monarchs", Ferdinand and Isabella, used the Spanish Inquisition to rid their church of Jewish heresies.

5. Portugal Exports the Inquisition
    Inquisitors carried their campaign of religious persecution into the new territories of Portugal's expanding empire.

6. Authority: Sola Sciptura?
    Protestant Reformers insisted on the authority of the sacred Scriptures, while Roman Catholic leaders defended their church's stand on Tradition.

7. Anabaptists
    Persecuted by Protestants and Catholics alike, these radical reformers stood for strict adherence to biblical teachings. Among them were champions of the seventh-day Sabbath.

8. The Seventh-day Sabbath in Scandinavia
    Catholic leaders in Norway and Denmark tried to stamp out Sabbath observance among Catholic and Lutheran church members.

9. The Seventh-day Men
    While many Puritan preachers promoted strict Sunday observance, other prominent Englishmen called for a return to the Sabbath of the Ten Commandments.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7414139972109914329
    84 min
    Part Five of The Seventh Day: Revelations from the Lost Pages of History blends history and current events to conclude the chronicle of the seventh-day Sabbath. This is an epic story, worldwide in scope, ranging from the Taiping revolutionaries in China to the millions of Indigenous Sabbatarians of Africa to the remote village of Paruima in South America. It spans the centuries from Roger Williams' heroic stand for religious liberty in 17th-century America to the crisis of conscience faced by many of today's Sabbath-keepers. In this final episode of The Seventh Day, Hal Holbrook shares a 21st - century view of God's holy day and projects the gift of Sabbath rest into the eternal future.

Overview - Part Five
    1. Roger Williams and Religious Liberty
    This nonconformist preacher established the Rhode Island colony on the foundation of freedom of conscience for everyone.

2. To the New World
    A Sabbath-keeping Baptist couple emigrate from England to Rhode Island and help establish the first Seventh Day Baptist congregation in America.

3. A Song in the Wilderness
    Conrad Beisel and his followers establish a Sabbath-keeping community on Pennsylvania's remote Cocalico Creek -- the Ephrata Cloister.

4. A Voice from Germany
    Count Ludwig von Zinzendorf directs the Moravian mission to the North American Indians and inspires his community to keep the seventh-day Sabbath.

5. Advent Movement
    A Seventh Day Baptist lady shares her Sabbath beliefs with an early Adventist minister, and this leads to the establishment of the Seventh-day Adventist church.

6. Kingdom of Heavenly Peace
    19th-century China is shaken by the Taiping Revolution, a huge peasant revolt is shaped, in part, by biblical principles including observance of the seventh-day Sabbath.

7. Eskimo Prophet
    In Alaska's Kobuk River valley a man named Maniilaq learns about "seventh-day resting" from the one he calls "the Grandfather".

8. The Shining One
    Deep in the South American rain forest Chief Owkwa learns about the Sabbath from a bright celestial visitor.

9. Africa
    The Sabbath has deep cultural roots in many parts of this continent, including Ghana and Kwazulu Natal.

10. Saving Sunday
    The secularization of Sunday in 19th-century America leads some political and religious leaders to promote laws to protect Sunday as a national day of rest and worship.

11. Sabbath on Trial
    People who observe Saturday as the Sabbath instead of Sunday often face financial hardship and legal trouble because of their beliefs.

12. People of the Sabbath
    Although still a small minority, seventh-day Sabbath-keepers are increasing in number around the world.

13. Challenges
    Seventh-day Adventist theologians respond to critics who contend that observing the seventh-day Sabbath is legalistic or irrelevant for Christians today.

14. Eternal Sabbath
    Bible prophecy points to the Sabbath as part of God's plan for a perfect world in the eternal future.

www.the7thday.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dude, you are totally lost when it comes to history. and the roman empire did not create islam either.

No, no I'm not.

The Roman Empire was ran out of the middle east by Jews and REAL Christians. Their response was internal change, in destruction and rebirth. Evil paganism that all could clearly see became christianized paganism, the Roman Catholic Church. The second response to the loss of the Mideast by the Roman Empire, now masquerading as christianity, was to create Islam.

The Roman Catholic Church created Islam

Islam . . . the best enemy money can buy!!

Mohammad was 25 years old when he married a 40 year old rich widow named Khadija. She was an ex-nun and her rich backers had BIG plans for Mohammad.

There are so many similarities between the religion of Mohammad and the Vatican that we can only name a few for now.

Both religions believe in using FORCE to spread their version of the one true god to the unbelievers.

Both religions believe in a union with the State or of using the police powers of the State to compel obedience to their tenets.

Both religions have a "holy" shrine in which the believers are taught to look to as their headquarters e.g. Mecca and the Vatican.

Both place great importance on Fatima

Both elevate Mary as goddess of heaven-mithraism.

Both use rosary/worry beads.

Both lessen the deity of Jesus.

Since Islam and the Vatican have so many similarities we don't have to look very far to find their common origin as long as we know a little about the Bible and history.
    more
    http://reformation.org/franciscans.html

A Different Look at Islam
    The Mary Myth, Worry Beads, Catholicism and the Goddess connection

queen.jpg
    QUEEN OF ROME, QUEEN OF ISLAM, QUEEN OF ALL: The Marian apparitions' plan to unite all religions under the Roman Catholic Church

Total Onslaught - The Islamic Connection
    1 hr 36 min
    How does Islam fit into the picture of global conflict?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7282213372966227768

Concerning various other religions,including what would become the Roman Empire, author researchers Gary Kah and Walter Veith writes:
    illuminaob0.gif
    Christianity-and-SS.gif

The above only confirms the Holy Bible all the more. Not all religion is false.

Rev.12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Like I said.

If you have a question about something posted lets hear it. It is a conspiracy and it's not a theory, but historic fact. History isn't based on opinion, only one is right the other is wrong. When facts come out that is history no matter what textbooks claim, just as with science.
    The federal prisons are full of criminals there for conspiracy.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Dude, I wish I had DSL so I could do more dogpound/google searches about religion and all the esoteric trivia associated with the origins and dissolution of the Worlds' major religions (with the notable exception of wackypedia; an encyclopedia of opinions instead of facts), but I just don't have the time at present.
    FWIW, any chart listing Knights Templar along with New Age Occultism and hypnotism as religious endeavors is obviously incorrect or disinformation at best.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1

there is no god.

"In a short time there will be no Buschmaster"[xx(] - God
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Like I said.

If you have a question about something posted lets hear it. It is a conspiracy and it's not a theory, but historic fact. History isn't based on opinion, only one is right the other is wrong. When facts come out that is history no matter what textbooks claim, just as with science.
    The federal prisons are full of criminals there for conspiracy.

And in 500 years, the DaVinci Code will be accepted as truth too.[;)]
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Napoleon once looked over the Valley of Megiddo, and called it the most magnificent setting for a battle he had ever seen. or some such words to that effect.

Some of you will laugh, but the events foretold in the Bible that will precede Armageddon are falling into place like pieces in a very large puzzle. The jews have been restored to Israel, as foretold in Ezekiel 2,600 years ago. First there will be the "War of Gog and Magog," and the very nations foretold by the prophets to attack Israel at that time are lining up. Oddly, Egypt and Iraq are not mentioned. Russia (Magog), Syria (Assyria), and Iran (Persia) are, as well as a few others.

I double-dare anyone on this forum to read "Epicenter," by Joel Rosenberg. Hurry...there's not much time.
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw the movie, Bruce Willis blew up the big honkin' space rock [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To all those here who are doubters, God-haters, Christ-haters, religion-haters, or faith-haters: can you explain the prophecies about Christ that occur in the Psalms, Isaiah, Daniel, and elsewhere? Can you explain Daniel's prophecy of 69 weeks, in Dan 9:26, which foretold the day of Christ's procession into Jerusalem on what we call Palm Sunday?

The 66 books that make up the Bible are the only holy writings of any major religion that contain prophecy. All of the prophecies which pointed to the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth have come true. For each of these, there are at least six or seven prophecies that refer to His second coming, and several of these have been fulfilled in our lifetime. Somethin's up, Bunkie, and it's coming to a head real soon. Laugh if you like, but I'm reading as fast as I can.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by River Rat
    Napoleon once looked over the Valley of Megiddo, and called it the most magnificent setting for a battle he had ever seen. or some such words to that effect.

Some of you will laugh, but the events foretold in the Bible that will precede Armageddon are falling into place like pieces in a very large puzzle. The jews have been restored to Israel, as foretold in Ezekiel 2,600 years ago. First there will be the "War of Gog and Magog," and the very nations foretold by the prophets to attack Israel at that time are lining up. Oddly, Egypt and Iraq are not mentioned. Russia (Magog), Syria (Assyria), and Iran (Persia) are, as well as a few others.

I double-dare anyone on this forum to read "Epicenter," by Joel Rosenberg. Hurry...there's not much time.

Quoting Scofield word for word. Unfortunately, Scofield was a deceiver that has misled the entire church.

Israel is not in the mideast any more, actually never was. The tribes of Israel had land around Jerusalem called Judea.

What verses in Ez? Seems like those were refering to a previous restoration that Scofield seized upon to misquote.

There is no future 7 year tribulation found in the Bible. The 70 Weeks of Daniel 9 were fulfilled in Christ, the Messiah.

Armageddon deals with Christians.

Exodus 19:5, God said to Israel, "If you will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure to me above all people: for all the earth is mine." Thus the OT physical Israel of twelve tribes being "a peculiar treasure . above all people" was conditional upon their obedience to God's voice.

2 Kings 21:8 Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them.

Matt.21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Gal.3:16,28,29 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.....There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ro.9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Ro.2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God.....25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? 28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Gal.3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Phil.3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amish, I got a good laugh at your charts. Isn't the internet wonderful? Gee, call all religions "cults," and you can disclaim them all.

Problem is, by definition a "cult" is a group that it on the outside because it does not adhere to all the tenets of the main group. So remove the "cults," and you reveal the original core truth. To Christians, that would be the Nicene Creed. Get on your internet sites, and I bet you can find some theories that debunk the Nicene Creed also. But I'll stick with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To all those here who are doubters, God-haters, Christ-haters, religion-haters, or faith-haters: can you explain the prophecies about Christ that occur in the Psalms, Isaiah, Daniel, and elsewhere? Can you explain Daniel's prophecy of 69 weeks, in Dan 9:26, which foretold the day of Christ's procession into Jerusalem on what we call Palm Sunday?

Have it right here for ya. There should be no misunderstanding these verses but there is, showing the enemy really doesn't like the 70 Week prophesy.

Those that have accepted the Jesuit futurist CZ deception put the final seven years of the 70 weeks prophesy at the end of this world. Jesus was baptised becoming the Messiah just as prophesied beginning this last week(prophetic years), to be crucified(cut off) 3 1/2 years later causing an end of sacrifices. To keep sacrificing, building another temple or moving the last week of the prophecy denies the Messiah of Christ.

70 WEEKS of DANIEL
    Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he(Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Messiah was crucified 3.5 years after his ministry began, cut off.

70weeks-diagram.gif
    70 Weeks of Daniel

Just Another Man
    by Walter Veith
    61 min.
    http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-2186139888647125398
    70 Weeks of Daniel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amish, I got a good laugh at your charts. Isn't the internet wonderful? Gee, call all religions "cults," and you can disclaim them all.

Problem is, by definition a "cult" is a group that it on the outside because it does not adhere to all the tenets of the main group. So remove the "cults," and you reveal the original core truth. To Christians, that would be the Nicene Creed. Get on your internet sites, and I bet you can find some theories that debunk the Nicene Creed also. But I'll stick with it.

The charts as labeled were created by well researched book authors, the one has a 35 DVD set backing the research. They weren't made by myself. If you want to debunk their entire DVD series of info you will then discover the truth. Here is the series free online.
    http://kingmannafta.com/Veith.aspx
    Covers the roll of the Jesuits and Freemasonry in world affairs. Something most history convieniently leaves out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Dude, I wish I had DSL so I could do more dogpound/google searches about religion and all the esoteric trivia associated with the origins and dissolution of the Worlds' major religions (with the notable exception of wackypedia; an encyclopedia of opinions instead of facts), but I just don't have the time at present.
    FWIW, any chart listing Knights Templar along with New Age Occultism and hypnotism as religious endeavors is obviously incorrect or disinformation at best.

You speak of the esoteric and claim the Templars aren't New Age, it is Gnosticism. New Age is a very wide field of different beliefs, very large, that encompases Freemasonry with it's Gnostic beliefs. Freemasonry is at the top of it.

Freemasonry is a trap set by the Jesuits / Templars for Protestants as tools (converted) of the Roman Catholic Church / Roman Empire, which never fell. They run the government for the pope.

Templar Freemason Knights

The Templars are a Roman Catholic Gnostic Order of Knights founded around 1099 professing "Christian," as does papal Rome after rebirthing from the pagan Roman Empire.

All Knights Templar are members of the world's oldest fraternal organization known as "The Ancient Free and Accepted Masons" or more commonly known as "Masons". However, not all masons are Templars. Templary is a part of the Masonic structure known as the "York Rite of Freemasonry". The Order of Knights Templar today exists as the top ranking Masonic organization in the York Rite of Freemasonry. The Order today requires membership in a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons and in some jurisdictions, membership in a Council of Royal and Select Masters. The Knights Templar is a Christian-oriented fraternal organization based on the ancient organization that was founded in the 11th century.

The Chivalric Orders

The Chivalric Orders are a set of three Orders culminating in the grade of Knight Templar, and controlled by that body. This body is markedly different from its foreign counterparts, in that it exhibits a paramilitary structure and outlook on Masonry, being the only branch of Masonry in the world that is a uniformed body. Its requirement that its members be professed Christians has led to calls of condemnation from other Masonic bodies and organizations both inside and outside the United States, claiming that the body is more of a Christian organization rather than a Masonic body. These have had little effect on the body, however, as many of the organizations criticizing the body have similar degrees among themselves.

The American body is also arranged different from its nearest relatives in England. The American body includes the Illustrious Order of the Red Cross, which is not conferred in any other organization, though it has very close cousins in the Irish and American Order of Knight Masons and in the English Allied Masonic Degrees grade of the Red Cross of Babylon. Also, in the United States, the Order of Malta is conferred on members before being eligible to receive the Order of the Temple, whereas in England, the Order of Malta is an honorary grade bestowed on Knights Templar. In the United States, all business is transacted in the Order of the Temple, the other bodies only being opened for the conferral of the Orders. In England, the Order of Malta meets and operates as a separate body in addition to the Order of the Temple.

Order of Malta

An Order emphasizing the lesson of faith. This Order requires the Mason to profess and practice the Christian faith. The pass degree of the Mediterranean Pass, or Knight of St. Paul prepares the candidate for the Order by introducing the lesson and example of the unfearing and faithful martyr of Christianity. The Order is centered on allegorical elements of the Knights of Malta, inheritors of the medieval Knights Hospitaller.
    http://www.knightstemplar.org/faq1.html#connection
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_Freemason_degree
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_Rite#Knights_Templar
    http://www.harunyahya.com/books/social/templars/templars_01.php