In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

E'NUFF OF THE CRAP....

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
We need a feel good post, so why not tell us, why you love your spouse? What does he/she do that makes you have that overwhelming surge of love?...What does he/she do that makes you proud?...proud that you married that person?...

And anyone who makes fun of this post will get their * kicked personally by me, and I dont care how far I have to travel to do it...so if you ever want to speak again, dont make fun of this post...

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    We need a feel good post.................

And anyone who makes fun of this post will get their * kicked personally by me, and I dont care how far I have to travel to do it...so if you ever want to speak again, dont make fun of this post...Well, it worked, I certainly feel better now! [:0][:D]

I sure hope this isn't construed as making fun of this post!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

And anyone who makes fun of this post will get their * kicked personally by me, and I dont care how far I have to travel to do it...so if you ever want to speak again, dont make fun of this post...Well, it worked, I certainly feel better now! [:0][:D]

[:D][:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    She takes great care of me. When I had 3rd degree burns on over 3/4 of my upper torso she even wiped my buttocks for me when I could not. She cleans my house for me. She washes my clothes. She is my best friend. She never has a headache. She is a great mother. She never complains about anything even when I go out all night fishing or * hunting. She doesn't mind the smell of Hoppes. The list goes on and on.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Hmmmmmmm..no one proud of their spouse?....I am very proud of mine and dont hesitate to tell him..come on guys, surely there is something?
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would answer you question but I am not married to a he/she. Don
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    All I can say is that dano too is the bestest friend I've ever had. [:)]

Tell us how you feel about Freemind?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:She takes great care of me. When I had 3rd degree burns on over 3/4 of my upper torso she even wiped my buttocks for me when I could not. She cleans my house for me. She washes my clothes. She is my best friend. She never has a headache. She is a great mother. She never complains about anything even when I go out all night fishing or * hunting. She doesn't mind the smell of Hoppes. The list goes on and on

Well all I see in this list is the physical stuff she does...cleans, cooks, says a lot about you....
  • KevinMTKevinMT Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't trade my spouse for anything
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the reason I like my wife, is she doesn't ask questions like this.[;)]
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Old shoe/Bottle 'o wine....

One feels better the longer you wear it, the other satisfies more with age.

Meant as a compliment, dear!
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Spring is here. My son is camping out with his cousin tonite. My lovely 16 y/o daughter is upstairs in her room, no worries. The love of my life is snoozing on the couch after pulling a 72 hour shift.

I have a roof over my head, food in the kitchen, wine in the pantry.

What more do I need?
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mines great! We work as a team. I don't need a reason to send her flowers, or just call her at work to see how her day is going and say I love you.
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

I'm as silent as the grave OC. [^]
  • 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    I'm disabled and the wife takes good care of me. I can still do a lot, but the things I cann't do she does willingly and tries to do things for me that I can do myself. At the same time she is running across town daily to check on and assist her 84 year old mother. After nearly 40 years of marriage (40th anniversary in August)I'd be lost without her.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,505 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I met Ruby in Atlanta Federal Prison.
    Back then her name was Franklin.
    We fell in love in cell block C, and he she was released just 7 months after I was, talk about a match made in heaven!

Ruby is a great cook, especially the Mediterranean cuisine, and gives great foot massages, that is why I love her so.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's out discing the field right now while I slept for the last three hours and now typing on GB.com.

What's not to love about that?
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:She takes great care of me. When I had 3rd degree burns on over 3/4 of my upper torso she even wiped my buttocks for me when I could not. She cleans my house for me. She washes my clothes. She is my best friend. She never has a headache. She is a great mother. She never complains about anything even when I go out all night fishing or * hunting. She doesn't mind the smell of Hoppes. The list goes on and on

Well all I see in this list is the physical stuff she does...cleans, cooks, says a lot about you....

Actually u should read a little closer. Perhaps u r not getting the picture here. This is not about me at all but about how wonderful a woman I have. My best friend. What spouses do for each other is what makes a marriage. Marriages that do not work are the ones where the husband and the wife do nothing for each other. Marriage is a give and take. Each has to give to the other for it to work. My wife gives tremendously and I in turn give her back equal. And that is why our marriage works and will always work. As for what I am most proud of, the effort she puts forth to make our marriage work. But do not assume that it is in any way just one way.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Men tend to do, in order to show their love, as just saying in this old world don't mean too much very often. They tend to see the same in their wives...what she says is not nearly as important as what she does, that is often considered the real proof of the ties that bind.

Women are different.

I think.[;)]
    Not so much so.
    Men want to know they are appreciated. A private smile, glance, touch, grope.

Men often forget women are human too, and only need the same things they do.
    edited November -1
    We need a feel good post, so why not tell us, why you love your spouse? What does he/she do that makes you have that overwhelming surge of love?...What does he/she do that makes you proud?...proud that you married that person?...

And anyone who makes fun of this post will get their * kicked personally by me, and I dont care how far I have to travel to do it...so if you ever want to speak again, dont make fun of this post...
    Oprah, is that you.......
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    she used to work at dog and suds and i liked the way she wrapped the buns around the weiners. she never complained about ridin on the back of my hardtail panhead..she is quiet and mellow,keeps the pad neat, and is a good friend..and easy on the eyes to boot[;)][:D]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Men tend to do, in order to show their love, as just saying in this old world don't mean too much very often. They tend to see the same in their wives...what she says is not nearly as important as what she does, that is often considered the real proof of the ties that bind.

Women are different.

I think.[;)]
    Not so much so.
    Men want to know they are appreciated. A private smile, glance, touch, grope.

Men often forget women are human too, and only need the same things they do.

i goose mine daily every time she bends over...is that good or what?[:D]
    edited November -1
    On a serious note, my wife is my close friend, my lover and a large part of my personal support system. She makes me more than I would otherwise be. She is there for me when I need her, as I am for her and we make one hell of a team. I love her.

Oh, and I goose her whenever she bends over also.[;)]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just don't get married....[;)]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's a yellow pair of running shoes
    A holey pair of jeans
    She looks great in cheap sunglasses
    She looks great in anything
    She's I want a piece of chocolate
    Take me to a movie
    She's I can't find a thing to wear
    Now and then she's moody

She's a Saturn with a sunroof
    With her brown hair a-blowing
    She's a soft place to land
    And a good feeling knowing
    She's a warm conversation
    That I wouldn't miss for nothing
    She's a fighter when she's mad
    And she's a lover when she's loving

And she's everything I ever wanted
    And everything I need
    I talk about her, I go on and on and on
    'Cause she's everything to me

She's a Saturday out on the town
    And a church * Sunday
    She's a cross around her neck
    And a cuss word 'cause its Monday
    She's a bubble bath and candles
    Baby come and kiss me
    She's a one glass of wine
    And she's feeling kinda tipsy

She's the giver I wish I could be
    And the stealer of the covers
    She's a picture in my wallet
    of my two children's mother
    She's the hand that I'm holding
    When I'm on my knees and praying
    She's the answer to my prayer
    And she's the song that I'm playing

She's the voice I love to hear
    Someday when I'm ninety
    She's that wooden rocking chair
    I want rocking right beside me
    Everyday that passes
    I only love her more
    Yeah, she's the one
    That I'd lay down my own life for

And she's everything I ever wanted
    And everything I need
    She's everything to me
    Yeah she's everything to me

Except when she starts running that damn trap!!!!

Just kidding. I'm married to the best, and I would not be who I am without her. She's my life.[;)][:D]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    She don't mind riding in the back of the truck when it's raining so my * hound can ride in the cab.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    This picture says it all...what more can I say? Y'all know how much I love to garden.

in_russia_women_pull_plow.jpg
  • justusnospamjustusnospam Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just for you, BR.

My wife is a beautiful woman inside and out. A caring and loving mother to her daughter, a faithful daughter to her mother and dad, and best of all, a loving and forgiving wife who puts up with the likes of me. She is a sweet and adoring woman, mean as a snake when she's PO'd, sweeter than honey when she's happy. In other words, HUMAN. I love her to death, and would do ANYTHING to make her happy, and keep her happy. She is my one and only TRUE friend, who stuck by me before we were even married and I had back surgery. Took care of me like I was her husband in fact. ONE HELL OF A WOMAN.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    On a serious note, my wife is my close friend, my lover and a large part of my personal support system. She makes me more than I would otherwise be. She is there for me when I need her, as I am for her and we make one hell of a team. I love her.

Oh, and I goose her whenever she bends over also.[;)]

Just don't try that on the Chief's wife. [;)]
    Too late on that count dano.

I hear that in your case, you do it with your sergeant, bruce. Oh well, to each his own. Don't ask, don't tell dano.[;)]
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and I sometimes talk about what it is that makes us work. When we think about it, we have decided that yes we very much love each other, but maybe more importantly we respect each other a great deal. I really think respect is underrated by most people.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

dano too, mind you, not me.....thinks Freemind is queer as a Texas steer. [:D]

THIS coming from a "guy" who dresses in 15 Gallon hats and buttless chaps, to watch the movie Brownback Mountain.

Isn't it high time you came out of the closet? [}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

dano too, mind you, not me.....thinks Freemind is queer as a Texas steer. [:D]

THIS coming from a "guy" who dresses in 15 Gallon hats and buttless chaps, to watch the movie Brownback Mountain.

Isn't it high time you came out of the closet? [}:)]

ROFLMAO.....took ya long enuff........[:D]

Sorry, I was planting your food supply for next year. I will try to get internet acess hooked up in the tractor cab so I don't miss your posts. [;)][8D]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We make a great TEAM. He always notices when I am down and brings me up. I know that no matter what happens he will make certain we have what we need. He was the guy that made me COMPLETELY crazy (in a good way) when I thought about him back when we were teenagers.....and I still have a HUGE crush on him. He lets me go and do as I want....without saying "you are wrong" or "you shouldn't do that" when he sooooo could at times. He is the kind of guy that will take apart a car to rescue a kitten....but will scare the crap out of a teenage boy that comes to see our daughter. He is just perfect.
    (Sometimes he is fuzzy!)
    coralspics098.jpg
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,061 ******
    edited November -1
    My little bride is a peach. She is beautiful, and takes good care of herself. She spends a lot of her day taking care of/seeing after her mother, who is incapacitated and living in a nursing home a quarter-mile from here. Besides that, she takes good care of me.

On mornings I have to go to work, she gets up and prepares me a cup of coffee. I awake to the sound of the cup setting down om the headboard. When I get home from work, dinner is generally waiting for me.

Additionally, she is low maintenance. She doesn't need or want a new fancy car to drive. She doesn't want a lot of jewelry, and she doesn't have to have the latest fashions. All the jewelry she owns, I have bought her, and I have to practically beg her to buy new clothes.

The only improvement I could make would be for her to warm up more to outdoor activities. She isn't much for fishing, shooting, camping, etc.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    My wife is the rock and foundation of our family. Without her to keep everything together we would have nothing. She enables me to do my job without worrying about the homestead.There are too many reasons to list, but that is the biggest one that means the most
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I love her because she makes me a better person.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    My little bride is a peach. She is beautiful, and takes good care of herself. She spends a lot of her day taking care of/seeing after her mother, who is incapacitated and living in a nursing home a quarter-mile from here. Besides that, she takes good care of me.

On mornings I have to go to work, she gets up and prepares me a cup of coffee. I awake to the sound of the cup setting down om the headboard. When I get home from work, dinner is generally waiting for me.

Additionally, she is low maintenance. She doesn't need or want a new fancy car to drive. She doesn't want a lot of jewelry, and she doesn't have to have the latest fashions. All the jewelry she owns, I have bought her, and I have to practically beg her to buy new clothes.

The only improvement I could make would be for her to warm up more to outdoor activities. She isn't much for fishing, shooting, camping, etc.

David,

Mine was exactly the same, especially with regard to camping.

One weekend, we took a 'just me and her' camping trip. Now, she's hooked.[:D][:D][:D]

May wanna give that a try.[;)]
    edited November -1

quote:
    Sorry, I was planting your food supply for next year. I will try to get internet acess hooked up in the tractor cab so I don't miss your posts. [;)][8D]

No need. I got a Mickey D's just down the road. [:p]

You're a sucker for fresh-n-hot mayonaise aren't ya? [xx(]
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is the woman of my dreams,my best friend,my worst nightmare(when I pizz her off)[:D] We do for each other.I was single for almost 20yrs after my divorce,ran into her in a bar after 27 yrs of not seeing her (we dated in high school)she was in town on business.I quit my six figure a year job moved 700 miles just to be with her.
    Yeah we love each other,do for each other just as man and wife should.And YEPPER she is the biggest pain in my * Ive ever had and I would not want to live with out her. I hope she comes home from work soon I'm starvin'
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    funny, i post the letter a with two **'s (A**) for 30 seconds in the expert room and get banned for 2 weeks. you do it and it flies. so much for justice.[:0]

anyway, any spouse of mine who would allow me to live at home 500 miles away, to care for a dieing father for 4 years, is the best wife a man could have.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.