In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

fast food workers DEMAND

2»

Comments

• Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    The federal minimum wage was never intended to be for supporting/raising a family.

That was before there were $500 iphone, $125 a mo cell phone bills, Ipods, Ipads, $3K apple laptops, internet, higher income taxes, union wages pushing the cost of cars to $15K for a pos.

I wonder why home builders are not union? Oh yeah, because the bank and the GOVERNMENT have to put their neck on the chopping block for homes.

$15hr for fast food? I won't be eating there anytime soon if they do. I will take my lunch.

most of them have those things anyhoo..just watch them pull out their laptops and smartphones when they take their breaks
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Sure. Make minimum wage $15 an hour, then fire the slowest laziest 50% of the workforce. Make the other half work twice as hard to make up for it.

So again, the laziest POS's will benefit, as they will not be employable, and Uncle Sam will have his huge man tit out to feed them. The hardest working will have to work harder.

This is already happening. Even at $7 or $8 an hour there are a LOT of losers that aren't woth the money, an we are forced to feed their sorry * anyway.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    My daughter worked at McD's for a couple years when she started college. She is bright and has a great personality and was made an asst. manager in the first 6 months.

She quit because she was passed up for a major promotion that was given to someone she trained. Why? The manager told her it was because she was going to school and did not intend to make a career out of the fast food service.

Really? Who does?
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    From what I have seen fast food workers are some of the hardest workers. It is like fighting fire at my local McDonalds for the workers and when it slows down employees are sent home. As being one of the largest companies in the world the workers IMO should get a larger piece of the pie. Look at what the stock holders get for never even raising a hand. Also some of the current and former McDonald workers I know are good people.

I agree but 15 dollars? That is more then I get for cleaning a hospital.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't most big city places already pay more due to the higher cost of living? I can see a difference in minimum wage if you have to have one by geographical area. Clearly it cost more for rent taxes etc for the employees too.

quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    quote:Originally posted by the middle
    Have any of you ever been to a McDonalds in NYC? Or any big city?

A Big Mac there is 7 bucks. McDonalds gets its supplies all from the same place..the corporation...it sells everything to the francises and its own corpaorate stores. They pay the same price for bugers in Bedford PA (in other words, in the sticks) as they do in NYC, and they also pay the same minium wage in the two places, but yet, that Big Mag costs a hell of lot more in NYC....and its not because it costs more there either.....and NYC aint a cheap place to live either. So, it depends on where they are...in NYC they should get 15 bucks, after all, you already pay those wages in the prices they charge there, but do not pay that to the employees....in Bedford...NO....the minium wage in fair there.....

Just the price of real estate and property taxes would make a huge difference between NYC and Bum%^#k, USA. That is probably the biggest factor in price difference. I can't rule out greed though.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say raise their pay and Walmart's employees also. Heck these stockholders have made lots of money and the employees are deserving also.

Stocks have went up big time helping mostly the wealthy, interest rates are bare minimum. I say pay the people and maybe things will even out again with these companies.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Don't most big city places already pay more due to the higher cost of living? I can see a difference in minimum wage if you have to have one by geographical area. Clearly it cost more for rent taxes etc for the employees too.

quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    quote:Originally posted by the middle
    Have any of you ever been to a McDonalds in NYC? Or any big city?

A Big Mac there is 7 bucks. McDonalds gets its supplies all from the same place..the corporation...it sells everything to the francises and its own corpaorate stores. They pay the same price for bugers in Bedford PA (in other words, in the sticks) as they do in NYC, and they also pay the same minium wage in the two places, but yet, that Big Mag costs a hell of lot more in NYC....and its not because it costs more there either.....and NYC aint a cheap place to live either. So, it depends on where they are...in NYC they should get 15 bucks, after all, you already pay those wages in the prices they charge there, but do not pay that to the employees....in Bedford...NO....the minium wage in fair there.....

Just the price of real estate and property taxes would make a huge difference between NYC and Bum%^#k, USA. That is probably the biggest factor in price difference. I can't rule out greed though.

I would think so, but I have no facts to back it up.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    I say raise their pay and Walmart's employees also. Heck these stockholders have made lots of money and the employees are deserving also.

Stocks have went up big time helping mostly the wealthy, interest rates are bare minimum. I say pay the people and maybe things will even out again with these companies.

I Disagree. What do you do about the people already in the $8 to $15 an hour range? Just jump them to $15, alongside new employees with no experience? What do you pay skilled workers, welders, carpenters, a lot of these nonunion guys are around $15. So some snot nose at McDonalds can earn the same as a skilled workman? This is a slippery slope, and if minimum wage doubles, eventually, the entire wage structure doubles, and the cost of living doubles.