In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pocket Knives and Multi-tools informal poll

2»

Comments

• Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    Right now is a little odd. I've got my k-bar mule on my belt on my right hip and a benchmark mini griptillian on the left baller holder loop on my deluth work pants. Usually it's one or the other
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SOG EOD utility tool.... Black not chrome
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,618 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buck 110 since 1974 or so
    case 3 blade trapper style both daily carries

also a Bear Grylls ( Gerber ) folder I carry around the house and yard for about two years now
    I use to dig / pry up rocks in the yard , cut what ever needs cut, scrape off gaskets , just a red neck knife for sure [:I][B)] cost me about 10.00
    and have got that and more out of it [:D][:D] never let the intended use of a tool stand in your way to improvise [^]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buck 110, one on the go to town belt, one on the working in the yard belt, a BBQ version for dressing up.
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buck 301, carried for years. All across the US and into Europe (put it into checked baggage.)
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smith & Wesson Cuttin' Horse,clipped to my right pocket.

In my left pocket, a stainless steel Zippo (formerly Case) 2 in. blade.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ight now a ken onion designed Kershaw model 1620h3 I think. tomorrow may be the same or my spyderco clipit ,or a buck .I had about 25 or so daily carry knives depending on the days work or my mood.
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    The Boker AK-47 Switchblade.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,707 ******
    edited November -1
    The same Buck 305 since 1991. Skinned many a squirrel and gutted many a trout with that knife.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Gerber original LST. Gerber Skookum walked...was given to me as wedding gift by my Father: "Son,, every Man needs a Good Woman, a Sharp Knife, and a Fast Horse...You'll have to find Your own Horse"...before that, a Buck Stockman also walked...I know who took it, but didn't catch him.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Case Muskrat and SOG Mini Tac auto
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Victronox recruit.

Outstanding pocket knife.... lightweight, slim with the most practical tools needed on a daily basis....carried it ever since I was 12 and feel unprepared without it.
  • Options
    goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spyderco ladybug

LBK3-spyderco-ladybug-knife-2__93651.1269929127.500.500.jpg?c=2

Small, convenient and still razor sharp after almost daily use.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Victronox Swiss Champ.
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spyderco Pacific Salt (straight edge) in the pocket and Leatherman Surge on the belt.
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am currently at work.
    Pocket knife is a small Victorinox folder with a single blade, a nail file, and small pair of scissors.
    In my hip pocket is a Gerber combat folder Applegate/Fairbairn style 1/3 serrated and 2/3 regular edge.

At home.
    Pocket knife is a Old Timer Trapper.
    On belt is an original Leatherman and a Schrade two blade folder, a SC503 I think it is.

Mule
  • Options
    PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buck 110 in the jeans watch pocket and secured under my belt.
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    I carry these two everyday. The bottom one at all times, the top one I clip on when I am going out.

The top is a Microtech Ultratech. It doesn't get beat up or even used much, just a 'nice to have if you really need 4 inches of razor sharp steel' kind of thing.

The bottom is a Viper made by Great Eastern Cutlery. If you don't know about GEC, they are 100% American made and make very high quality traditional knives, mostly carbon steel. To me they are the company that Case should/could be.

There are others that go in and out of rotation for fun but these are the constants.

knives_zps7sepvibl.jpg
  • Options
    pinky-1pinky-1 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tree brand barlow
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being * up on a cattle ranch and a hunter, I've carried a pocket knife since I was about 12 years old. Feel naked if I don't have my knife. When I was a teenager I would never have believed that someday simply carrying a pocket knife would be considered a bad dangerous thing, heck we could talk about hunting and shooting to our school teachers and others and all was ok. Damn shame how things have went sideways and * backwards due to idiots.

I still have one pocket knife that I carried constantly for 30 years, queen stainless 3 blade stockman with yellow handles.

I went from pocket knife to a leatherman 200 because I work on everything and found the leatherman too do everything that pocket knife would do and more and it lasts forever if not abused. My leatherman is about 15 years old and still good. The belt pouch wears out about every few years. I add a leather snap to the Velcro closure on the belt holster as security.
    It's on my hip all time. Only time usually required to take it off is before going to the airport.

I could give any of my knifes to my son a he would not know where he lost it next week. (He cannot remember where he left or used a tool or knife next day and just lets it stay where he last used it. Good guy, would give you his last dollar if you deserved such, but can't keep a knife on his body. When he was a teenager and hunting I started buying the low dollar Rambo hunting knives by the dozen for him to carry. He went thru all of them in about 1 year time.
    He does have a kinda expensive knife that is his own but I noticed he keeps it in gun safe and it never goes outside.

Some people would lose their * every day if it was not glued on. (and would not care)

NRA Member
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian

quote:Originally posted by RANGER03
    what pocket knife is in your pocket or on your belt right now???

no fixed blades - folders only...

Right now it is a Hubertus automatic:
    100_1000.jpg

Nice!
    I have a handful of Hubertus Lever Lock's.
    They are Damn Fine Knives. I have a pen blade release, MOP and Stag scales,Damascus, damascus and regular blades, all in various sizes. Including a couple "fish Priests".
    I always carry my Hubertus Lever Lock "Campers Knife" with stag handles when I hunt!
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leatherman Kick today - had to open a can of Chicken w/ my Ramen noodles for lunch.

Normally a small 3 bladed Old Timer 108OT Junior knife.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buck%20505_zpslguqzxux.png
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kershaw Leek.

Don't carry a multi tool on my belt but keep a Leatherman charge TTI in my truck
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    MTexanMTexan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    Boker AK74

Same. Mines dull though. I use it as a multi tool too much.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian

quote:Originally posted by RANGER03
    what pocket knife is in your pocket or on your belt right now???

no fixed blades - folders only...

Right now it is a Hubertus automatic:
    100_1000.jpg

Nice!
    I have a handful of Hubertus Lever Lock's.
    They are Damn Fine Knives. I have a pen blade release, MOP and Stag scales,Damascus, damascus and regular blades, all in various sizes. Including a couple "fish Priests".
    I always carry my Hubertus Lever Lock "Campers Knife" with stag handles when I hunt!

Thanks. I actually bought that knife on Gun Broker (there are some good knife deals here on GB) and got it at a low price because someone tried to sharpen the blade and did a pi$$ poor job. I am the first to admit that I can't sharpen a knife to save my life, so I turned it over to a friend who knows what he is doing and he put a decent edge on it. I have several "Hubies", but they are too pricey to carry around as working knives. I like automatics and this one, with the red scales, has a bit of flash.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Buck%20505_zpslguqzxux.png

That is a true gentleman's knife, but one who is not afraid to roll up his sleeves....I bet if it could talk it might have some fun stories to tell.
  • Options
    usmarshal01usmarshal01 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barlow 2blade ,got about 10 of themI I bought off Ebay
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    That is a true gentleman's knife, but one who is not afraid to roll up his sleeves....I bet if it could talk it might have some fun stories to tell.
    I appreciate the compliment. This knife does have a little GunBroker history. GB member CLINTF put the mammoth ivory scales (handles) on it and GB member powdersmoke did the scrimshaw.

Edited for correction. I misspelled "on". [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leatherman wave on my belt and a Boker AK47 in my pocket.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leatherman Wave
  • Options
    RANGER03RANGER03 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with some here - I have many cheap SMKW folders on hand...

I have many sizes and styles of multitools as well...

sometimes cheap knockoffs are fine and it does not sting to bad if you lose or abuse them...

I do worry about misplacing the benchmade - I would need to buy another one and they are not cheap to me...

I do have about 10 old - antique - assorted electricians folders that I have aquire that I find pleasing and useful.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Today, kershaw chive.
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Microtech LUDT or Ultratech. Business is a mini UDT. As long as I'm staying in Texas where it's legal....
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Puma. Been carrying it for 45 years or so.

I forget, but "think" it was called a "Ranch Hand," or something like that.

I paid about $25 for it and was recently told it's worth over $100 now.
  • Options
    blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1